1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Assault Against the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Forget who I was listening to. But they proposed a GREAT solution. But parents would flip their shit. Here goes. WARNING THIS IS LONG.

Starts with a FENCE. HIGH FENCE. Sorry babysitters of toddlers. Gotta go to the PARK not the school playground. There is ONE opening and ONLY ONE. EVERYONE enters and exits through that ONE. PERIOD. No adding other gates for staff because that is "too long and hard". Every. One. There is an ARMED GUARD at that one.

How do we monitor. That gate is OUTSIDE the dropoff and parking areas. Each parent gets a sticker for the car each year. If you have the sticker? We go military rules on ID checks. Each day a different % checked. Posted. NOT TOLD IN ADVANCE. Sorry Teachers, Admins, Parents, Karens and PTA. You dont GET ADVANCED NOTICE OF ONE MINUTE BEFORE IT IS PUT UP ON THE GATE WHEN OPENED. Might be 10% day checked day. Might be a 100% checked day. Or something in between. No exceptions. FORGET the sticker? Oh I took my other car. DEEP check if no sticker. No exceptions. Dont care if you are the Principal, the Superintendant, the Mayor or God himself. ID and call to office to verify you belong. No guard is on the gate for more than one week in any 3 months to avoid "Oh I know you" wave through syndrome on high check days. On foot? 100% ID every day.

Next video on the outside of the school, with motion activation. Because 24/7 running leads to not really paying attention. But motion triggered does. Where they have to turn it off so it retriggers.

Next doors. There is NO REASON for anyone to enter the school during school hours outside of teachers and students and Police/Fire/EMTs. Outer doors that open. Lobby with Bank Box passers to give things to the office for the kids if needed. Set of HEAVY bullet proof walls/doors on three sides (non outside doors) where inside doors only open from the inside. To let said PD/Fire/EMT in and kids who have to go OUT. ALL windows replaced with BP GLASS. All other exit doors are EXIT doors. Anyone found propping doors that are on outer walls open? Student SUSPENDED. Automatic. No discretion. Teachers? Fired. Whether day 1 or Day 364 of year 19 and the last day of school before full pension retirement. Fired. ZERO PENSION. Security > Smoke Break.

Add in roving 2 or 3 armed security on the "grounds" and 1 or 2 on the cameras?

Now this will not stop 100%. But likely stop at least 90% if adhered to.

2. Lian

Lian Friendly One

A young black teen shot in the head for ringing the doorbell at the wrong door.
    A 20yo girl killed by guns for parking in the wrong place, while she was trying to backdown to go to the right place.

There is something rotten in USA when these things are common

Incs likes this.
  3. incestyman

incestyman New Member

Its so confusing whether to have guns or not

4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Gun Fanatics prefer guns than human lives.
    Shame on them.
    Hope that laws pass soon to stop that. Its a bloody CARNAGE in the US, and people are too stuck in their fanatism to see it. When a nation says that murderers like Kyle Rittenhouse are heroes, there is something very wrong with that nation.

Incs likes this.
  6. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I don't think gun fanatics prefer guns over human lives. Gun fanatics prefer guns because fire arms are a useful tool. There have been numerous laws that have been passed for better gun control, but I don't think criminals really care about gun control laws. Someone in the thread had an example of what weapon could kill the most in less time. I believe it was the knife and the gun. First off, the shooter better be a pretty damn good shot. If perfect shots are made then yes, the gun would kill the most in the shortest time. Comparing guns to knives is an apples to oranges comparison. The knife in the long term would kill the most, because no ammo is needed AND just as deadly as a gun, car, heavy machinery at work, deep fryer, baseball bat, sledge hammer, chain saw, livestock incinerator, etc. etc. The 2nd Amendment is a thing of beauty. It keeps tyrannical governments in check. But when you see a government wanting to change the rules to help keep them in power over the people, you have to start asking questions as to why...

UpNorthChris and Neophyte like this.
  7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

200 mass shootings in the USA this year alone
    It is the guns.
    Remove assault rifles from the streets, ban assault weapons. You dont need an AK or an AR-15 or I dunno what to defend your Freeeeeeedom

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  9. White Rabbit

So let's say assault rifles are banned along with assault weapons. What is stopping them from showing up on the black market freshly imported from gun runners?

Just a side note, AR does not stand for Assault Rifle. It stands for Armalite Rifle. The civilian AK is pretty much the same as a Ruger Thirty deer rifle. They use the same ammo and the muzzle velocity is the same.

10. White Rabbit

The scary looking rifles also have a feature that I like the best, barrel shrouds! I've burned myself a few times on a hot barrel and the shroud was a God send.

Hand guns are thing I would worry about. Easy to conceal and some are way more powerful than AK's and AR's. Take a .44 Anaconda or Desert Eagle .50 cal for example.

If Canada were to fall under a tyrannical government (which is pretty darn close to), Canadians will wish they had something equivalent to a 2nd Amendment.

11. Harrycon

Harrycon Trusted Member

Gun control by banning or limiting the sale of new guns is a pointless, when you have millions already out and about, by banning or limiting new guns it will push the price of second hand up but still leave millions out there, how about we look at the reasons why people are killing people on mass, and how as a society we address the issues that are driving people to make the choice to murder other innocent people, weather it be social isolation, non existent support networks, a feeling of not being heard , news and politicians constantly bombarding us with arguments and negative views to list only a few, these shooting are the result and guns are not the cause,

12. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

It depends - who is speaking about that 2nd Amendment...
    The happy and proud gun owner - or
    the friend or close relative of innocent student, just randomly killed with such a gun in mass shooting...
    One is sure > the number of killed innocent people from those guns - is growing...

2nd Amendment.jpeg

Lian likes this.
  13. White Rabbit

The tyrants will never be overthrown because they (politicians) will cry insurrection and all the military and local authorities will show up defending who is actually in power. However, if an invasion were to happen, the invasive Country would have a hard time taking most of rural America. Especially Idaho. I hear they are not only pro-gun but also pro-bullet. I don't think there is a Country on this planet that is willing to FAFO.

14. Lian

Lian Friendly One

But if, let's say, China invade USA, lots of asian Americans will also be killed by Americans, too. So the innocent casualties would be heavy. And untrained militias won't do well against a regular army, so that isn't going to save America

15. White Rabbit

I would certainly hope it would not be China that invades. I like Chinese women.

Even if the militias are not well trained, a lot of people will dig their boots in whatever soil they are standing on to protect it. If they didn't have the right to bare arms, I think any Country would steam roll the States.

16. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Oh, sure, because an Alabama farmer with an AK can stop a tank, anyway xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.