1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Assault Against the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

We should not remove the guns. We just need to 100% of the time take the WHOLE lead up to the situation into the case. Not "did you feel threatened when you pulled the trigger". I dont understand the issue people have with "WALKING AWAY FROM THE FIGHT". Why do we NEED laws that you get to be tough and stay there till your life is in danger from doing that, then are justified in shooting.

2. buffyfan

Because most Mass Shooters die. Of those who survive, many plead out or get institutionalized on an insanity plea. 5 this year so far, 1 was taken alive. Last year, of the 613? A few handfuls were taken alive. While on that? A data point that shocked me. Of the 613? I know that because of the source. Most killed themselves. Of the 10 that were killed by "not themselves" or were not taken alive? 9 shot by cop. 1 by 'bystander with a gun'. 0.316% of shootings were stopped by "A good civilian with a gun". 1.5% by cops with one.

Again, before my time at that office. On Bernie? By about 17 years. I know people from his TOTAL BS drug charge though. BTW? I dont think that Goetz should have been prosecuted. If I was the DA with control of that case? I would have offered a deal for sure. Something like Justifiable under SD. Offer probation. Or some such. So he did not go free and clear (give one side the bone), but the punishment is also not jail (the other side theirs). And as long as he does not do shit for a few years? Write in an expunge clause where he has no record at all. I wrote in expunges a lot on anything I plead out for probation. "Serve it out, BEHAVE THE WHOLE TIME, and it never happened".

But back to the major issue we are arguing. If the law reads "Obligation to retreat" that does not mean "unless you dont want to". The moment you "stand your ground" you violated Self Defense. The part many Conservatives that dont like OTR laws forget is the 2nd part. If you "retreat" and they continue to press? It is now SELF DEFENSE. "Standing your Ground" in Non SYG states are not. But the moment you show you attempted to retreat and were not allowed to? Most DAs will say "Good enough for me". But store clerk not wanting to give them the money is not that. Trust me that every DA in NYC disagrees with the Clerk being stabbed shooting a guy charges being BS in private. What I have been told by people at that office? There was a plea offered like I said above. A sweet deal. And the Judge nixed it. Not the DA. The DA did not WANT to follow the law. But was also not F'ing with his license to make a statement and throw a case with a judge set on this trial happening. That judge was the kind that would nitpick and put in for sanctions if he thought a DA threw a case.

3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Turkey disarms their citizens. Armenians are murdered. Armenians are not Turkish, and it was during a genocide, so you take it out of context.
    You take Russia during its worse dictatorship, but sure. Out of context again.
    China, same thing.
    Cambodia, I can't say, I do not know, but maybe.
    Uganda, you take another dictatorship.
    Venezuela. Same, back then.
    Its funny that you have to compare USA to dictatorship, for the mass murder of their citizens.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The USA will have a Dictatorship if we allow those in Government to take away all guns.
    Some of those were not dictatorships prior and the first thing the Dictator did was to disarm all the citizens.

So yes it is a direct comparision to the USA. The Liberal Democrats do want a Dictatorship type government.
    They are proving that be trying to remove the fillabuster and other safe-guards that are in place to restrict any try of absolute control and power.

UpNorthChris likes this.
  5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Because an assailant doesn't let you "just walk away".

Watch theync.com , you will see many videos of fights when someone tries to leave the fight. They are ALWALS chased.

6. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Ok, now that is funny. Without guns, USA will become a dictatorship xD
    And of course, its because of the Dems.
    Yeah, I LOVE this thread

7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

A report was done today in the paper that countries are rated by corruption, government and private, and the crime as a result of it.

100 is a perfect score of peace, human rights, and honest government.

Denmark recieved the highest at 90.
    Somalia was lowest at 19.
    USA was given a 69. (Shameful-because of crime overall-not just gun violence)

ALL countries under 55 were some form of dictatorship.

See where the USA is headed. We should be way above a 69. But the cities and states that are run by Democrat Mayors and Governors have such a high crime rate because of their stupid laws that they have imposed that restricts the people's rights. Both in defending themselves and the laws that stop the prosecution of the criminals. That is the reason why we are only 69.

Look at all the videos of shoplifting $100's of dollars worth of merchandise and no-one is allowed to stop or prosecute the theives.
    Look at al the Major Retailers, Wallgreens, CVS, even Kroger, closing stores because of the theft problem that the local Democrat elected officials refuse to prosecute the criminals.

Happened even here close to me in Cincinnati,OH. Kroger closed the only large grocery store in a 10 square mile area because of it. Mayor and 90% of elected officials-including the Police Chief and the County Sheriff, are all Democrats.
    When the city was 40% Republican, 50% Democrat, 10% Charter Party, crime was less than half of what it is now. In the past 6-7 years since the Democrats have had control of the city with 80% of control, crime has doubled. The biggest gain in the past 3 years when the new Police chief put in place was a Democrat (1st time in decades) and in the last 2 years when the County Sheriff elected is a female Democrat (who is a lesbian and focuses more on "pushing" for more LBGTQ agendas than trying to limit crime) the crime rate has shot upward greatly.
    The city is now 95% Democrat with only 1 Republican and 1 Charter Party in elected postions. ( 100% of county/city judges are Democrat)

Now, I am not saying it 100% Democrats fault. There is a ton of curruption in the Republican Party also- A TON!
    But I will state again, we have a people-mind-set problem.
    Ethnics and Far Right Wingers (Proud Boys-etc) have a mind-set that the only way to solve a problem or a disagreement is with violence.

Go back to the 50s-60s, and even 70s, yes there were some racial problems going on, but nothing like today.
    Crime was something you had a concern about in inner city areas, but even then, if your car broke down in the slums, people would come out of their apartments and homes to help you. Now, they wait until you leave and then steal everthing left behind. Everything gone in minutes.

That old "We used to never lock the front door" is true. I lived during that time.

Really wish you would live here and see this stuff first hand. (I mean it)
    It would really change your mind about things.
    We see our rights being eroded little by little.

UpNorthChris and Lian like this.
  8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

You do know that in "Democrat" cities, there are also Republicans. So the crimes are not just do e by Dems. Hell, it could be angry Reps for all we know. But this is hilarious that you got brainwashed so much by the Rep that yp8 believe their whole propaganda

9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

No point in arguing with her. Her opinions are carved in stone, by someone else. No amount of talking will change her mind. She asks for proof, you give it to her, and she still believe her opinion. Even in cases where she can't deny the evidence saying she's wrong, in a week or two, she completely forgets the evidence and goes right back to her argument. After repeating yourself five or six times, it's best just to ignore her.

UpNorthChris likes this.
  10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Funny that you do exactly what you accuse "someone" to do, the denying evidences and all
    And I can post "evidence" too. After all, you just use random people on YouTube as "experts" on the topic, people that are clearly biased. But since they agree with you, they are valid arguments for you. Its hilarious.

But sure, I am the stupid one. Of course, because I am a girl, I am young. And of course that means I am stupid and know nothing. Of course, itz not you being biased as f***, and the WHOLE WORLD is wrong when they point out things, because ONLY USA knowns the truth

All Hail USA's omnipotent citizens

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Lian, the only reason we keep this thread open is for comic relief. ;)

Dane and Lian like this.
  12. Lian

Lian Friendly One

The funniest is when Neo write my opinions are carved in stone BY OTHERS. As if I cant have ideas in my own haha

13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Crimes are by both. But remember the post about those incarcerated. 78% identify as Democrats.
    You are right, crime is committed by both.
    I was making the point though not of the political leaning of the criminals, but the politicians in office who are in control.
    Democrat run cities and states are more dangerous to live in than Republican run ones.
    The numbers don't lie.

I am in OHIO. A Republican majority state. But the 3 top crime cities, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland are ALL run by Democrat majorities. But people refuse to believe that shows a leadership problem.
    The numbers are right there. But they keep enacting more of their "fixes" to crime which do not work.
    You know, like the definition of insanity....?

Neophyte likes this.
  14. pussycat

Totally ignoring the fact that in every democratic country, urban dwellers are more inclined to be liberal and rural dwellers conservative?

Twist what you've got to suit your position. :cool:

(For the record, I'm a rural dwelling liberal with a gun ;))

Lian likes this.
  15. buffyfan

That is why the "Duty to Retreat" (the media talking heads complaining about it never add the second part) says, pretty clearly "and if you attempted to retreat? And they persue? It is self defense then. But you MUST first attempt to retreat FIRST".

But I will go back to stores where this all started. Want to "protect" your people? Open air countertops are not the way. Put a barrier. Like bank glass. It costs MONEY. But stops a lot too.

16. buffyfan

Walgreens is closing locations because for the 4th time in 10 years they got nailed at State and Federal levels on Wage Theft violations and got hit with MASSIVE FINES recently. They have a horrid business model and do not follow laws. You know how many time I have scared the shit out of pharmacy techs when I pick up Red's Xanax for her and they dont even ask me for ID? (I kept my old NYC DA badge, they let me. Would never use it to actually impersonate). I flash it when they dont ask for ID and tell them "Retired. But if I was not you would be SCREWED 8 ways. You just gave me a SCHEDULED FEDERAL DRUG with no ID.". Walgreens keeps doing whatever they please and act shocked when they get massive fines.

17. buffyfan

You live in Ohio. The state where a cop LITERALLY STOLE WHILE INVESTIGATING. Yes he got fired. Yes he spent a SHORT TIME in jail for it. Then, when sued? State top to bottom courts and all Federal Courts Sixth Circuit up to the SCOTUS? Ruled that "Because there is no specific decision that says you have a RIGHT TO NOT HAVE POLICE STEAL FROM YOU WHILE INVESTIGATING" I shit you not that was the justification, no ruling that you have a right for cops not to steal from you made by a Court before QI, "QI applies. He was on duty and is therefore IMMUNE from being sued directly.". This was AFTER HE WAS FIRED AND JAILED. He had not been a cop for over 12 months, STOLE FROM SOMEONE, and the court ruled "well he was a cop at the time..........". Maybe if people had made noise and done something about that? People would trust the cops and crime would drop. I guarantee it. Know where the lowest crime areas are? Where the WITNESSES HELP THE COPS. Know where they are the highest? WHere everyone says "I didnt see nothing!" because they have no trust in the cops, due to things like QI. And I am not talking about bangers. I am talking about guys in suits who work in banks and offices saying they saw nothing because they dont trust the cops either. The crux of the crime problem is "Police need to be given the benefit of the doubt in all actions!" and "We did an internal, confidential investigation. No wrong doing!" makes people not trust cops. That makes them not help. That makes crime harder to stop and investigate and by proxy easier to commit. Factor in, using NYPD as an example, "Slow down" tantrums if they are anything but WORSHIPPED by the City Council and Mayor. Truth is crime is a mix of criminals. A general public who is losing faith in PDs that seem more worried about their "brothers in blue" than stopping crime in a way that sticks. It is coming out that there may have been LEGIT complaints about this Scorpion Squad that were swept under the rug to protect the Unit. And Police who throw fits if they are not "properly respected" and are protected between "Confidential Dicipline" that rarely results in termination and QI that lets them do as they please and not get sued.

pussycat likes this.
  18. pussycat

Thank you Buffy, that's exactly the problem. Up here, nobody trusts the cops.
    Their motto, to serve and protect, is perfect. It's their sworn and solemn duty to serve and protect their own best interests.

19. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

No, the Democrats DO NOT WANT A DICTATORSHIP IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. WE DO NOT WANT TRUMP!

I don't know where you find this stuff and somehow believe its validity. It is just not true.

Please don't continue to spread that falsity.

Lian likes this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I don't need to say they want a Dictatorship.
    They are proving that all by themselves with the all the goofy laws they try to pass which takes control of more and more of our lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.