1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Assault Against the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

This whole thread has got so far off topic it might as well be closed and started over.

TittyKitty and Dane like this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yes, you are correct.
    It is too easy sometimes to forget just what Thread one is posting about. Moi to blame here too. Maybe at least moved to proper thread.

Nah, let's just restart it....

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2023
  4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a Wealth Redistribution Scheme to me. Take money from the Evil Corporations and payoff the voters to make sure they vote for the right kind of Political Party.

5. Neophyte

So why are other store closing that has nothing to do with Walgreens. Individual store or corporate chain. If only Walgreens were closing then you can argue that Crime was not the cause, but other stores are closing in the same area as Walgreens. Some chain stores, a lot of individually owned stores. Singling out the cause of Walgreens closing because they are fighting a lawsuit is a Red Herring.

6. Neophyte

Threads evolve in its messaging. Closing a thread just because you don't like what is being said is wrong.

7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It is not about liking it or not. It went WAYYYY off topic.
    I think it should stay closed.

8. Gjes

Gjes New Member

Well, in Washington and around the world, we saw hundreds of thousands of protesters demand gun control. Survivors making passionate pleas, and young activists sending a clear warning to politicians: Beware—the voters are coming. Now, of course, what comes next is up to Congress. And right now, Republican leaders have little to no appetite to act on guns. Now, they have taken steps to shore up existing background checks, but it is highly unlikely we will see them take up any, kind of, sweeping new gun legislation. Florida, Senator Marco Rubio, for instance, says he respects the views of the protesters but that "many other Americans do not support a gun ban." And for his part, the president this weekend remained silent on this issue.

Lian likes this.
  9. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I think we are having two different conversations. I brought up Walgreens to Dane because Walgreens are not closing due to "High Crime". They are closing locations because of the constant legal issues the company as a whole they keep getting caught up in between wage theft and not following DEA rules on tracking ID. I was differentiating between that Company and others. I have no idea, back office, why others are closing. It might be theft. I would question that as insurance makes the whole on that.

Yes people. Most large companies have insurance that makes them whole on "shrinkage" no matter how often they deny it and claim that "shrinkage makes them raise prices because they lose money". Mom and Pop? Maybe. Walmart, CVS, etc? They have insurance and likely file, once a year at least, a "shrinkage" claim.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  10. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like the reverse of the, as I have heard others call it, "Alaska Bribe". Where citizens all get a check from oil revenues, and some CLAIM it is a "bribe" to not oppose drilling

11. Neophyte

There are thousands of victims that want to own guns. And there are millions of people who don't want to become victims. Those protesting for gun control, want the government to protect them. Those against gun control, want to protect themselves.

Dane and UpNorthChris like this.
  12. Lian

Lian Friendly One

USA is turning into the wild wild west. Look at Canada. Gun control. People dont need protection. We often leave out doors unlocked, and no trouble. In USA, violence is endemic. There is something wrong in USA, and without gun controlnit will just get worse

13. pussycat

Where did I mention that I didn't like what was being said? :confused:

14. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

While I am a strong supporter of gun control, USA has many more serious issues than just guns. The degree of gun violence may even be largely symptomatic of those deeper social and economic problems... but their availability absolutely amplifies the tragic outcomes that spread the fallout from those issues across the broader community.

15. Neophyte

The "Alaska Bribe" as you call it, is part of the Alaskan Constitution, and is in affect no matter the Political Party that's in charge. The Alaskans are sharing in the profits of Alaska's natural resources. The Canada deal is only one sided. The liberal government is penalizing one group, to give to another group, while keeping a portion for themselves. So I would classify them different in intent.

I think Saudi Arabia has a similar deal to Alaska, maybe Kuwait too.

16. Neophyte

If you think the posts in a thread is going off-topic, then you should move the posts to another thread or a new thread.

17. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

A little bit off topic is normal of course, but when the thread threatens to break down into a rambling discussion about exactly HOW off-topic it can get before losing relevance... It might already be losing relevance? ;-b

Lian and pussycat like this.
  18. pussycat

Or just delete the thread?

19. Neophyte

You've done that too.

20. pussycat

The carbon tax is levied at the consumer level. All person/entities purchasing carbon based fuels pay a tax.The proceeds of the tax are then distributed to all Canadian residents. Supposedly 100% of the money is redistributed and the Federal Government keeps none of it (believe that if you wish, I don't).
    Personally I think the whole idea is idiotic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.