1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Assault Against the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

And it may well happen again. Now can you keep it back on track, please?

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I understand how the Alaska Payment works. People CLAIM it is a bribe from the Oil drillers. Notice I said "People say" and "Claim".

3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

There is no Insurance Coverage for Shrinkage. Shrinkage is loss of product due to;
    Spoilage, Out of Date, Shoplifting, Minor Breakage, Internal Use, Etc. of DAILY losses NOT DUE to;
    Windstorm, Flooding, Burglary, Structural Collapse or Deformity, Earthquake, Etc. of Standard Loss Coverages that create an unavoidable occurrence beyond Insured's control.

5. buffyfan

So, after reading and asking I can never represent them on the fraud charge now. They claimed they were robbed which IS covered under their policies, not shoplifted from. They rolled their shoplifting losses into claims for BREAK INS that did happen.

Dane likes this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The insurance company knows store owners do that.
    Believe it or not, the deductible is always explained as a system to keep a lot of minor claims from being submitted. But that is only part of it. It is also applied because of "padding".
    The actuary injects that along with the myriad of other factors for the deductible.

Most companies have a set minimum deductible now. The zero dollar deductible is extremely rare.
    30 years ago I could write a $0 with a half dozen companies. Now, I know of none (but I have been out of P & C for 15+ years)

7. buffyfan

We do a little business with a P&C Broker as their council lately. I actually asked them. There are none they can write with that are quality. Small BSs are starting again.

Dane likes this.
  8. GrWalton

GrWalton New Member

It is both archaic and timeless. Humans sometimes behave violently and sometimes must be met with violence. That said, I find it interesting that the folks who said they wouldn't live in fear for any reason are the ones so fearful that they need to carry a weapon with them wherever they go.

Lian likes this.
  9. Lian

Lian Friendly One

ANOTHER shooting in the US. No gun problem, really?

10. buffyfan

To be fair. The school I teach at never had one (I am down to 2 classes a semester, still co-chair the Admissions for Law). Never will. School has WALLS not an open campus. You have to pass though a gate or barred entrance and justify why you are there. And the shocking amount of parents that get pissed off that "I am surprising my offspring" is not a good one. If you are not a student, teacher, employee or INVITED ON by a student or professor. Security matters most.

Dane likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You mean how you support the Democrats' plan? Fix it by hiring 89,000 more IRS agents instead of 89,000 more school security personnel and security upgrades to the campus??

( Thank goodness the Rep. House killed the hiring of the 89,000 IRS agents.)

UpNorthChris likes this.
  12. Lian

Lian Friendly One

So your solution is to have armed guards at schools? Why not militarize your whole society, after that? USA is becoming a crazy country, not the Land of the Free but thr Land of the Psycho Armed Thugs.

13. buffyfan

89000 IRS agents over 10 years to replace agents retiring and compensate for almost a decade long "hiring freeze" too.

14. buffyfan

The solution is just that. But to have them with the specific orders as follows. "You are there for SHOOTINGS. You have NO day to day "Keep kids in line, issue orders" authority until active shooter starts. At that time you also have ZERO REPEAT ZERO option to "regroup in a safe area and strategize for 30-45 minutes until it is SAFER"."

Dane likes this.
  15. Neophyte

Back in the early 70's, we had 2 police officers permanently assigned to my high school. We had 3,000 students so we qualified for a designated patrol zone.

16. buffyfan

So, I went to a relatively safe HS. Our "Official" Security was three old ladies. Now, if shit ever went down there was Dean (not A Dean, a 6'1, linebacker looking MF named Dean) and Mike. Their only purpose was if REAL VIOLENCE happened. They were ARMED. And stayed in their office for all 4 years I was there.

17. Lian

Lian Friendly One

if this is what USA has become, then the American Dream really is dead and the country is now a warzone

18. Neophyte

19. Neophyte

20. Harrycon

Harrycon Trusted Member

I know I can't really comment having not lived in America, but of course I will, lol I am a gun owner (2 pistols and a rifle ) live in Australia where we had a mandatory gun buy back, and guns are generally hard to license, keep in house (random police checks eg coming to your house and checking your guns and safe ). but what has happened in Aus will never work in America for a start if they stopped making guns today there would still be millions still in use, and to have a buy back by the government is relying on people handing their guns in which apart from the cost a percentage of people wont give their guns in, which I understand I know of friends who owned guns handed down to them by their grandfathers/ fathers and our government wanted to scrap them, I think the time is right to stop thinking about gun and think about bullets and ammunition, if you increased the tax on them a large amount it will stop people buying large amounts and make a people think about when they shoot what it costs, also because manufactures wont be selling as many they will not make as many, thus limiting supply yet more, It would also be possible to lower the power of the charge in the bullets, and the powder, case and bullet would also have a higher tax, just a passing thought, and by the way our governments state and federal are really clamping down on knifes now eg you shouldn't be wearing / carrying a leatherman which is getting really silly, but I suppose will get what we vote for :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.