1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Why the Quebec should be a country. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by MilaHot, Jul 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Anyway, can we return to the question of the topic?
    The question behind "Should the Quebec become a country" and "if yes(or no), why?"

2. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

Here's a completely irrelevant, uninformed, and perhaps useless opinion, completely un-founded in your everyday realities:

Canada should become more Quebecois.

I don't think they should be seperate countries, but bilingualism should be the norm rather than the exception.

Each province should be encouraged to support and reinforce local culture to build the diversity of the country, and all provinces should be equal in this respect without Quebec being treated differently.

Dual signage should be for tourists and recent immigrants, and both French and English should be taught in schools across Canada from the beginning as compulsory subjects.

... and I wish I had my favourite Canadian on hand to put this in French as well so I could post it bilingually, but I don't quite trust Google translate to do it accurately. I'm just a dumb Australian. ;)

3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Fact is, the economical interests of the Quebec have NEVER come first in Canada. NEVER. Its always Ontario, or Alberta, some others. Yet, not even ONCE have they thought about the Quebec.
    Trade Deal with Europe, who was sacrificed? The Quebec's interests.
    Trade Deal with USA (the last one, with Trump) who's interests were sacrificed (again)? The Quebec's.
    In pretty much every trade deal, its the same. Its always the Quebec that's being sacrificed. Yet, the country is supposed to care for ALL the provinces. But strangely, its always the Quebec that has to be offered as a sacrifice to allow the OTHER provinces to have their interests protected.

4. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Ontario closed schools in French for the French Ontarians, they cut services in French. That's not becoming 'more Quebecois'.
    There is a francophobia in Canada
    The Quebec is not treated as an equal, but as the black goat of the family, as the pariah

5. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Also, here in the Quebec, we are FORCED to learn English. To finish highschool, we have to succeed the english classes. Yet, in Canada, there are some french classes, but fail or success doesn't really affect the outcome, and I'm pretty sure the classes are not forced either, that its a choice.

6. TittyKitty

Like I said, it's an opinion completely un-founded in your everyday realities. It's a single outsider's opinion on what SHOULD be.

Y'know... Returning to the question "Should the Quebec become a country" and "if yes(or no), why?".

I have no authority to comment on the problems in your current situation, I CAN ONLY reply with what I feel a good solution would be, as unrealistic as it might prove.

7. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

Random question

Why do you call it "The Quebec" and not just "Quebec"?

8. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

English is not my first language. And I say "The" Quebec because there's a city called Quebec, which we call Quebec, and we call the province "The" Quebec, as in "The province of Quebec"

whitecoffee1 and TittyKitty like this.
  9. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

and what is your "good solution"?
    To have the Quebec bend the knee and accept to be slowly wiped out, as Canada jsut sends more and more non-french speaking people in the Quebec rather than french migrant, that it spits on the French and doesn't even respects its own laws about French (like giving posts in the government to people that speak french). After all, Clown Trudeau gave the post of Governor General of Canada to someone that doesn't speak a SINGLE french word. Even if its against the law.
    you want to Quebecers to accept that?

10. TittyKitty

I think in most usage (on this thread) the distinction is clear enough but that makes perfect sense! Should I start calling it the same, or is being clear enough about which good enough?

11. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

well, I think that 'The' Quebec should be used to speak about the province, and Quebec for the city. But if its mentionned before, its fine. I mean, if everyone understand which one we are talking about

12. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

also, these three videos should be watched, I think, for people to understand a bit of the lies spread about the Quebec by Canada

13. TittyKitty

Not at all! I see that as HIGHLY problematic.

I think both French and English are vital parts of Canada's culture and identity as a whole, and find it sad that locals don't seem to feel the same way. :(

MilaHot and Inlovwithsis like this.
  14. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

If you ask in Alberta, most people HATE the Quebec.
    in Ontario, its pretty much 50/50.
    I think only British Colombia doesn't hate us for being french canadians and different.

Canada says, on paper, that the languages are equals. Yet, in facts, they don't show that. Services in French all around the country are closed. Try to get french service in Alberta and people look at you and call you a frog (its an insult)

15. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

it sets a precedent. And from now on, I'm pretty sure the future Prime Ministers of Canada will all use this. "Trudeau did it before, its not that much of a problem. And its just french"

16. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

17. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

And this is the reaction of Alberta when the Quebec said they didn't want pipelines in their territory:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/could-alberta-pull-off-a-full-blown-boycott-of-quebec

but watch out, the article, written by english canadian, is a bit biased. There are false informations in it, like saying that the Quebec buys oil from 'some of the worst regimes on Earth'. its not true. We buy from USA, Canada and some from Algeria.

18. TittyKitty

USA might arguably be ONE OF the worst? Maybe? That would be an unpopular opinion south of the border ;-b
    ... and certainly a completely hypocritical stance with the amount of other commerce coming from there. ;)

MilaHot likes this.
  19. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

the writter pretends that we buy oil from dictators in the middle east but its false, we buy from USA, Canada and Algeria. But they try to make it look like we'd be buying from dictators to say "Quebec is evil" lol

as for USA, when its not under Trump, they are not that evil lol :p

20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

And now you know why the conservatives in the USA are pissed about Biden's so called win, and his policies on southern border immigration.

So after that post of yours, no one really wants to hear your claims that none of what you call conservative news is propaganda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.