1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Assault Against the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Not asking to people to give back their guns, but to have to tell the officials about it, to have more laws about how they can use it. Meaning they can't just shoot anyone without consequences.
    I mean, there are still people saying that Kyle Rittenhouse was a "hero", after all. It is proof of what can happen, and most in USA seem to think that the dude was in his right to shoot and kill two people

2. Symbiont

Symbiont Account Deleted

What are your thoughts on having the army clean up the streets of gangs?

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Hmmmmm. Martial law is the only way that could be done I think. Unless the prez. could find a way to declare it a National Emergency.

This might be better answered by @buffyfan

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is EXACTLY what Hitler, Castro, and Mao did in order to dis-arm the people so that they could kill whomever they wanted
    knowing there was no good way for the people to fight back.

Registration (telling officials you have a gun) is ALWAYS the first step in taking away everyone's guns.
    ALWAYS then followed by controlling who has the priviledge to own one and outlawing every type of gun that could be
    a threat to a government gone wayward.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/06/16/after-the-guns-were-removed-the-killing-fields-began/

Now read this. UK had said from the start of their strict gun laws would not get more so. But time and time again,
    they do what every government does once they realize the people are willing to cede their rights in the name of safety.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uks-strict-gun-laws-strengthened-with-new-medical-arrangements

5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I know MANY "responsible" Gun Owners up here who leave loaded hand guns on counters in separate floors from where they sleep.

6. buffyfan

The problem is there was an implied "expiration date". A lot of the Founders felt we should have been going back and re-evaluating it constantly. Sadly, instead, we quickly fell into a a "but the FOUNDERS" mentality that has only gotten worse over time. I say this all the time. We are becoming Rome. Obsessed with "the founding" from 100s of years before as if that applies to everything forever because "the founding". We set a minimum age to serve in so many government positions (just like Rome). We have fallen into a form of WORSHIP of men who wanted nothing further than for us to worship them. We have made men "infalible" to a point where they would have never wanted that. Made their words a "gospel" to many. Hell, in one case, not gun related but I am off on this rant so here goes, they claim the words "the United States is not, nor was it ever, founded on the Christian Religion"? From the Treaty of Tripoli? Passed by a FOUNDER Congress and Signed by President Adams, a Founder and OG signer of the USC? They claim that is Liberal Lies made up later and it did not contain it back then. Then it devolves into the "Grandpa who served" or "Civics teacher who bled on Omaha" told them so.

7. buffyfan

Gets real F tricky. Really.

So. A Governor CAN deploy National Guard if it gets really bad. The problem is? It would have to get much worse than Chicago has ever been. Take the worst portrayal of outlaws in the wild west. Go about 50 times that. We would have to talking full out gang war. Not the skirmishes we see now.

Now........ Military assisting USBP....... I could brief up a competent argument (and have but it is 110 pages long) of how that does not violate Posse. The problem is, to deploy full on US Military against gangs? It would take a full on Cartel trying to take over part of Texas level shit. Posse is hard to overcome. Really hard. Court tend to err on the side of NOT letting the Military run anything ever (exclude Post Civil War they were "Rebel Scum and MUST BE CRUSHED" to quote the Imperials, the true heroes of that saga). The real problem with cleaning up gang and criminal violence is many people distrust/hate both sides of the case equally. The criminals for obvious reasons. The police because of things like the Bell case. The Taylor case. The fact that QI even exists and, in effect, police can do as they please on duty knowing they will never personally be held financially responsible. "The city, and therefore taxpayers will pay it for me". How police discipline in many places until SUPER RECENTLY was treated as this Holy Scripture that only the Chosen (police) should be able to ever see. Hell, near me? That was legally repealed and many PDs are fighting saying "Well we still say it is because that is our department policy now!". There is a lack of trust in the police that is not entirely criminal's faults. Like it or not? Departments getting caught, over and over, covering up for cops who actually did bad make them all look bad. I remember a meme a while back that listed GOOD COPS who were fired for going outside "Chain of Command" when things like CONFIRMED RAPES were covered up as "mistakes in the line of duty by the officer" and sealed. So the officer went to the DA, they looked into it, they DEMANDED the records and the officer had charges pressed. And the reporting officer was fired for not "backing off" when told and "going outside the chain of command" months after. She was told she did not know if, MONTHS LATER, IA was "finding a solution both parties agreed to".

Want the gun violence to go away. People need to trust the Cops again. Want people to OVERWHELMINGLY do that? Time for ever officer to be sat down and told, "You work for the City of X. You DO NOT WORK FOR THE POLICE UNION. They are not your employer. You are not an Officer of the Police Union of X. You are an employee of the Police Department of X. That means the CITY. Therefore you answer to the Mayor and City Council. Not your Union Rep. Do something wrong? Our rules say the investigation of it is PUBLIC. Dont care what your Union has to say about it. Because your union ceases to exist if OUR taxes stop paying you and therefore your dues to them end. You. Work. For. The. Tax. Payers. Not. Your. Brothers. And. The. Union.". Bad cops need to fired. Lets be honest. In hindsight. Chauvin should have been fired. The other 3 should have stopped him when the off duty EMT told them what was happening. Not told her to mind her own business, Chauvin is in charge here. When the actual OD EMT for sure. But, again. Brother in Blue. My SUPERIOR OFFICER. Seniority. Chain of Command. "I might not get backup if I dont keep quiet about it".

And to those who say a city cant just stop paying the cops and replace them? A city in NJ did just that. They fired the entire PD, asked I want to say it was Chris Christy to borrow some Staties while they hired. And in less than a year? They had a new force. A force with a contract that stated that the Union? Was an Observer to make sure their people are treated fairly. Not a direct participant in any discipline. They had the right to file requests with a court if they felt wrongdoing. But no rights in the direct process to say "Nope. This is over. According to rule 7 we veto this!".

8. buffyfan

So what is the solution? Shootings in schools ARE on the rise. And in 2 schools now the police verifiable, either FLED (Stoneman) to safety or sat outside (Uvalde) until it was safe to enter. I mean I have proposed it. Take away QI. I am tired of hearing how "dangerous" police jobs are then the endless excuses when they flee any dangerous situations.

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Thanks for that answer. Very informative. What you said about the Union has spilled over into the Teachers Union with one Senator telling
    Education Dept head Cardona that she needs to resign because of all the crap she is requiring of the schools instead of STEM.
    The Teachers Union has walked lock-step with her decisions to put the USA education system at the bottom of all developed countries.

10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree with your stance on QI. Same for foreign nationals.

As far as the schools, how about 87,000 more on-site guards at schools instead of 87,000 new IRS agents?

(There are a little over 98,000 public schools, so that would cover most esp. the neediest)

I know the IRS "reviewers" will be able to generate their own pay by doing everything and anything they can to make
    their quotas. (C'mon anyone who thinks they won't have them. Biden wants EVERYONE to pay more taxes).

But this presidents focus is on spending every dollar on turning the USA "green", but in the process he is turning
    the USA towards a bunkruptcy. Abandoning the concept of "Family First" and destroying the ability of the small
    business to stay in operation.

He isn't about "School Safety" at all. He is determined to dis-arm every American.
    If not, why isn't any money in his budget going towards our public school system instead
    of promising $12,000,000 going to other countries for them to spend on "green" projects?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2022
  11. buffyfan

We need those. There are people retiring and there has been a hiring freeze on the IRS for a long time now. How about business owners just be HONEST and stop the "Muh Money! Muh Business!" BS and just report their incomes. Stop hiding cash payments and they wont need so many auditors. In fact? If we did away with cash entirely? There would be no need. And folks. No. Doing business in "bitcoin" and other Crypto will just get the Feds and Staties FURTHER up your ass. It will NOT get them saying "OH you got me! I cant see how you got that house and cars! Guess you won!".

Armed guards in schools? Sure. With a manditory NO TRIAL sentence of 10 years if they "Flee for safety" or "to regroup outside or in a secured area to strategize" their job is to SHOOT THE SHOOTER RIGHT THEN. NOT at a later time when it is "Safe to do so".

Sure. Send money to schools. And all school board meetings are televised. The MOMENT they dont shut down "Religious Leaders in town"? Not a cent ever again. Banned a book? No more money. Not the school's job to teach "One man and One Woman". Neither side belongs in the classroom and NO PARENT should get a say over the School Library because THEY DONT WANT THEIR KID to see it. Books about sex dont belong in a K-6. After that? Not anyone's problem anymore what YOU want YOUR kid to see. The same people who scream "personal responsibility"? Seem to always want the Schools/Local/State/Federal to legislate and enforce "Christian Morality" too.

As to "bankrupt the US"? Here is a simple solution. No more hiring Mercenaries. No more contracts to FOREIGN COMPANIES to do things on OUR BASES. Ones where they pay their people PENNIES and we pay them BILLIONS.

How about we tell Exxon, Shell and company that they can sell gas in the US at a cap of a 50% profit or not at all. Inflation is up lets say 12%? Shell's profit YoY is up 1051%. Gas. Prices. Heating. Prices. Have. Nothing. To. Do. With. Green. Nothing. To. Do. With. Pipelines. Nothing. To. Do. With. Wars. If prices are up 150% and profits are up over 1000%? That means? They could sell at that lower price and STILL MAKE OVER a 900% YOY profit on it. Lets stop pretending companies with 50-1100% profit growth raising prices is anything but "Hey! They are talking about Inflation! We can RAISE PRICES A LOAD NOW AND PAD THE PROFIT LINE!". And guess what would happen if Gas Prices tanked? Oil Companies still make their YOY 900% profit growth. People spend more and buy more. Local sales taxes generate more. State sales taxes generate more. More bought? More made. More made more hired. More hired more taxes top to bottom generated. More hired more spending.The government's job is not to make sure that Multi Nationals make the most international profit possible.

Know what heavily contributed to this "Supply Chain" issue? The totally IDIOTIC Sam Walton baby that is "Just in Time shipping and ordering". Not carrying "excess stock". Ordering as you need. Want some examples? We had a Baby Formula Shortage because Abbott Labs (yeah Greg's Fam) makes quite a bit of the US Formula. And there was a contamination. No problem right? Stores can go into their backstock to cover for a month right? OH WAIT? Many of the Supermarkets and Pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens subscribe to a "JIT Shipping Model". So the backstock was whatever was in the stores plus a LITTLE in the warehouse on a per store level. It was moving way faster than they could get it from the other companies. Factor in that Abbott, IMS, makes one that certain infants with issues need. Another? Sure. Chips. We make them in ASIA to "save a buck". Asia shut down for like a year. We did not have much stock backed up. We dont have many plants here. You know, that would hurt the ROI for the STOCKHOLDERS.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  12. Lian

Lian Friendly One

the fact that you'd need Guards are the schools is a sign that something is very wrong in society.
    And it is not about disarming Americans, it is about removing guns from the dangerous people, and making guns harder to get.

Gosh, this debate is kinda pointless because of the Gun religion in USA. It should not be "In God we Trust" but "In Guns we Trust" and "Guns be with the United States of Ammorica"

Incs, Symbiont and Daddy's Home like this.
  13. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

Scary that the conservative media doesn't give a rat's ass to so many people being shot and killed with guns every year then have the audacity to say women don't have the right to have an abortion...because...you know...life is precious.

At some point, the pro 2nd Amendment voters' voices will be silenced by those who have had enough of the gun violence.

We need to rethink our archaic views on the value guns play in society.

14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You mean like how one is killed trying to kill or maim another and how the other one is an innocent vunerble person who
    has absolutly no intention to hurt anyone.
    Yep, by your logic, both are the same.

15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You just quoted the biggest truth ever stated in this Forum!

"the fact that you'd need Guards are the schools is a sign that something is very wrong in society."

Yes! like I said, it isn't a gun problem, it is a societal problem.

Again also, I am not against correcting the gun laws we have on the books. Number one is effectively enforcing the laws
    we already have in place.

16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

We need someone in Congress to stand up to the Oil CEOs and say "Regulation".
    And at least intoduce a bill that like you stated, limit profits.

It has been done with the Health Insurance industry and it worked, some policy holders even given a return on their premiums paid.

17. buffyfan

We are at the bottom of all developed nations because we let PARENTS have a "Real SAY". So shit like "enrichment" and shit like "Intelligent Design" get demanded and added. Also. Only Developed nation that has weeks off for holidays, spring break, and a QUARTER OF THE YEAR to "enjoy the nice weather!".

18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yeah, well Cardona had the Final "Say" as you put it, not the parents.
    And where has that got us?

At the bottom of the pile as you said.

She has single handily destroyed our current education system with Woke ideology.

19. buffyfan

Parents should have ZERO say. We should be teaching Math, Lit, Writing, History (what really happened, not "rah rah US Number 1!" crap like we single handedley saved Europe in the 1940s or the Pilgrims came here for Religious Freedom for all), Science, Art, Music. I could make an argument that GYM CLASS is not the education system's problem and takes away from stuff that matters. You have no idea how happy I am that teach at the Undergrad and grad level (everyone is over 18, I dont teach under a 200 level class). And I am shielded 100% by FERPA. FERPA lesson for the year (this seems to come up around this time every year).

FERPA, in simple terms is what, when your offspring is in Public School allows you to have access to their records. Little known clause. The MOMENT little Johnny turns 18? And I MEAN THE MINUTE AT MIDNIGHT? He can actually, legally, request that report cards and other things not be mailed home and be handed to him. Because that same law at 18 makes those records the SOLE and total property of Johnny and ONLY Johnny. Law does not care who's roof he live under. At college? Who pays the bills. It is a MASSIVE FINE to violate this. I have parents of, I shit you not, 2Y law students call me for info. These students are TWENTY FREAKING TWO OR THREE years old. I have to tell them that I am not at liberty. But if they get their offspring to submit a waivier with their name on it I will be happy to. "Blah Blah, I write the check! You will hear from my lawyer!". Or "My Husband is an important Partner at......". I usually respond something like "Please call him now. Conference us. I will be happy to schedule a deposition at any time. By the way I am a law school professor. You realize that means I am a lawyer and very aware of all educational law right?". But the best one? "My Husband is the Managing Partner at XYZ!" where XYZ is literally MY FATHER IN LAW'S FIRM (he was still in there at the time and MP). My response? "Ma'am? Since you have a student who is 15 years younger than me? That means you are maybe slightly older than me. Which would make it pretty impossible to be my MOTHER IN LAW. You literally just picked the WRONG firm to lie about. My Father In Law is the Managing Partner there.".

Dane likes this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I am not arguing with what you said, except for the parental involvement.
    I never said the parents should set the cirriculum.

What is happening is that Cardona has not done her job with STEM in mind, but an agenda to indoctrinate all of our
    public school students with her woke agenda.

The problem is that the parents have been totally shut out of even knowing what is being taught to their children.
    Most parents WANT STEM to be the focus. But these school boards are elected by popularity instead of ability.

I like the way Ohio Reps have put in a bill that takes the cirriculum out of the local school boards and will have
    it set by a panel of educators appointed by the Governor.

School boards will have a say about extra-cirriculum and elective-credit classes and will retain restricted budget matters.

Unfortunately, History is a subject in which there is no "standard" text-book. So teaching the 'real' history is problematic.
    The liberal text-book writer will make whites the bad-guy in every aspect. The conservative will omit all the major
    contributions by the ethnic and will include only the bad things done by the ethnic.

It needs to written by a moderate panel with no bias one way or the other. -Yeah, well, good luck gettin that done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.