1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are these abortion laws really "State's Rights"?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Jul 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I'm not warning you, I'm politely asking you.

You've been around long enough to know that if it was a warning, it would be in red.

2. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

In order to not offend Star,

would all of you please get back on topic.

3. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

I am not offended at any time, but now I have the doubt if my contributions in this and other threads are correct and that doubt I think the administrators should give me a solution.

Thank you for your advice and words.

Athenea and Odette like this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Star, pussycat is just asking that the thread's topic be discussed here, not the "right or wrong" of abortion.

SCOTUS has declared that R v W is to be handled by each state. not the Federal Government.

The Constitution does not specifically mention any sex or gender's physical allowences or restrictions is to be handled
    at the Federal level.

That is why I have stayed out of this aspect of this topic as it is more of a question for the law studyers.

RBG herself stated that any abortion law should be by the states, because the Roe side tried to establish a person's
    right to privacy, instead of the right to equal-protection.

( She herself was pro-abortion, but she knew the arguement side of Roe was not in the correct
    postion for a proper Constitutional ruling)

But Scotus could not just abitrarily change Roe's standing, it had to make a choice that she herself said would
    not hold up over time because of that.

So back to the states it went, which it should have been done decades ago. That would have forced a new suit in which the
    equal-protection right will be used as the basis for a decision.
    That would also allow the other side to argue equal-protection for the unborn also.

That in turn, would force SCOTUS to either deny a ruling or make a ruling which would of course, be finalized by the
    judges' personal postion again until a Constitutional admendment could be made to either include, or specifically exclude
    the unborn.

Star_of_sea and Athenea like this.
  5. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Well, someone on here thinks that a few cells already have a soul and that its not 'part of the woman's body'. Yet, its us women who carry it for nine mouths, and that pretty much makes 'em part of our bodies for that time.
    If you want to scream MURDER, feel free to do so. But it still isn't, its just a bunch of cells. No 'soul' yet, no mind, no thoughts, anything.

But to return to the TOPIC
    No country should have the right to decide what's good for their citizens like that. A woman has rights, and if she wants to abort, let her do it.
    And those that say ABORTION IS EVIL, the answer is simple: YOU JUST DON'T HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF
    LET THE OTHER PEOPLE DO IT IF THEY WANT TO
    Simple enough, isn't it?

6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Abstinence is 100% effective. Unless you count Jesus, but the Left refuses to admit he exists.

7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

You are just trying to rationalize away the abortion into something that allows you to live with the act. Like animals aren't intelligent so we can eat them. The trees will grow back, so we can cut them down. A lot of people rationalize a lot of things they do, so they can live with themselves.

8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Mod intervention is now needed.

Pussycat and I have both notated that this thread keeps going off topic and some, but not all, members have been publicly called out for it.

Yet just after Cat's last mention and request, it has been ignored again.

So, this is now on the OP's hands for a decision.

@buffyfan , do you want to have this thread stay on topic or allow it for the inclusion of abortion opinion ?

If abortion opinion are allowed, then another thread can be created for the discussion of State's Rights and the legal aspect only.

Also, if allowed, then please change the thread title to include opinions also.

Thank you.

Note; I locked the thread until @buffyfan responds but of course if any Mod decides it should remain open until buffy decides, please feel free to open it.

Star_of_sea, Odette and Athenea like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.