1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are these abortion laws really "State's Rights"?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Jul 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Dane is not the only one who may find the exposition excessive. But thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

2. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

I really like everything you write, it always seems too short and I like to read it several times. I like everything. what you write, the photographs, minus your horrible music.:p:p:D:D I really liked what you wrote and I agree with your approach. It makes a lot of sense on a very sensitive issue like abortion. Many kisses.:):););)

Athenea and Star_of_sea like this.
  3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I still say that abortion is a right that Men want to take away from Women.
    If a man ever tells me I cannot do it, I'll sure as hell tell him how I think, and I won't be polite.
    The "Miracle of Life" is bullsh*t, its not a miracle, its all about genes, evolution, etc. So no, when the sperm meets the egg, its not even life yet, its just a few cells mixed together.
    What is "authoriatian" and "dictatorian" is when a MAN tells a WOMAN she can,t have an abortion. This is a woman's issue, and men shouldn't have a goddamn word to say in all this. They are not the one having to carry it, they don't have anything to do with it.
    And women getting pregnant are not irresponsible. Some times, its because of assholes that rape them. Of because of assholes that remove the condoms. Or condom breaks. Or the pill fails. So no, its not irresponsible at all.
    That is just my opinion

SisW2Bros and pussycat like this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Not overly excessive on this one. A well written page with great examples and viewpoints.

Hats off to you for saying what we men are not allowed to say by some people.

5. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

Sweet Estrella de Mar, my sister's opinion and mine is also the same, none of your writings are too long, I would even say they are too short because it is always a pleasure to read you. For those who want to know who you are, your writings are an open way to your most fascinating inner self and that is the reason why they always seem too short.

Science agrees that life is born when the egg and the sperm unite, because separately they are nothing, but united is what you said, the MIRACLE OF LIFE. For science all the codes that are necessary for life are contained in the first cell, in the zygote. In other words, science proves that the existence of a human being begins with fertilisation. For each person there are many reasons to interrupt a pregnancy and yes, I also agree with your words talking about the irresponsibility of women with sex because of the continuous siege that society makes us with its advertising, its films. Many women go out on the street just looking for one night stands because they think they are more of a woman and the problem is that this image makes us all women the same. There's no problem with that, but sex makes you think it's just partying and having fun, when sex is about responsibility. Neither my sister nor I lived through your circumstances, but I find your approach of asking those people who have survived an abortion if they regret being born very original and new. You have profound and really fascinating ideas.

In Valencia I want to give a big hug to your mother and grandmother, because thanks to that decision not to abort, this world has a fascinating being like you. And that question makes me wonder if any of those people who were not born by abortion could have found the way to achieve world peace or the method to feed the whole Humanity or to compose the most beautiful song of Humanity or, as in your case, to make happier all the people who know you. It is not bad for those who like to have sex for sex, but we women should be the first to respect our bodies and not play Russian roulette with our bodies knowing that there is a risk of pregnancy, just because of a fanatic idea of continually demonstrating that we are very modern and free women. If we want to be modern and free women, the easy thing is to have a lot of sex, the difficult thing is to have culture, respect, education, more studies, better people. It is not bad to have sex as it is not bad to drive a car, the bad thing begins when we are not aware that we must have responsible attitudes.

6. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

@Dane
    @Athenea (Read in pink)
    Sister
    @Odette (Read in blue)

Thank you so much for the kindness and generosity of your comments, I hope you can rest assured that they are infinitely appreciated and held in my heart intensely. I hope you will be equally or much happier than I will be. :):):):):)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :):):):):)

Intense kisses and infinite hugs. ;););););)

Athenea, Dane, Odette and 1 other person like this.
  7. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Maybe, for some, put in a TL:DR (too long didnt read). A synopsis of what you said at the end.

Athenea likes this.
  8. Eugen

Eugen Trusted.Member

And who told you that there is no soul in just that fertilized egg!? Ah!

Athenea, Star_of_sea and Odette like this.
  9. Eugen

Eugen Trusted.Member

No questions asked! Only I'm not scaring you, but I'm really warning you not to see heaven as your ears. And in hell you make your way that way. Took someone's life, and then you screwed up. On earth you are a guest, and there you are a permanent resident. So think about who you will mate with and from whom you will give birth, otherwise you will someday go to the fields of eternal hunting over the corpses of your children, in other words, to the next world.

10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Eugen, and all others.

Though there are those of us who agree (somewhat) with your statement, please be careful not to go over the line and end up
    in a theological debate about life after death in this thread.

It is not the theme of this thread.

If you want to express your position on the "next world", real or not, please open a new thread for "Afterlife" and/or the opinions/expressions thereof.

Star_of_sea, Eugen and Odette like this.
  11. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

That one made me laugh.
    You say that abortion is evil, yet you support the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, where civilians are killed.
    And anyway, I never had an abortion, but if I want to have one one day, I will. And it won't be murder.
    And most important at all: It would be MY choice. Not a GUY's choice. MINE.

phantom likes this.
  12. Eugen

Eugen Trusted.Member

You're dodging! What does the fighting in Ukraine have to do with our discussion of abortion? Try to answer the case, do not clog up the dialogue! Your choice regarding abortion is clear to me, it is your choice and only yours. But such acute issues concerning a huge part of the country's population should be resolved by universal suffrage.

Athenea, Odette and Star_of_sea like this.
  13. Eugen

Eugen Trusted.Member

In our society, women who repeatedly have abortions are rejected by women themselves. They do not take their opinion into account, considering them people with limited horizons or sick in the head.

Athenea, Odette and Star_of_sea like this.
  14. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

Everyone has a justification for their actions, even those people for whom science is their god, prefer to ignore their own god when science does not support their views. One sperm cell has some of the information to create a human being, but a million sperm cells together are useless. One egg has some of the information to create a human being, but a million eggs are useless. It is only when an egg and a sperm unite their different information that the MIRACLE OF LIFE is born, and this is what science affirms. But there are people who even prefer to ignore the god that is science when it is contrary to their personal ideas. As I said, any person has a justification for his own act, a man will have a justification for killing a woman, Hitler had his justification and nowadays also Putin has his justification because he kills defenceless Ukrainians. You cannot have a god like science and then ignore that god when his words are not pleasant to listen to. How can we attack Hitler and Putin because they are killing and eliminating lives, when at the same time we want that right for women?

Maybe one day someone will have the courage not to defend a woman's rights, but to defend LIFE. Maybe one day someone will have the courage to give a voice to those defenceless beings inside the womb of a woman who thinks she can decide about the life of another human being. Maybe one day someone will have the courage to survey all the sons and daughters whose mothers thought about having an abortion, whether they want to live or whether they would prefer their mother to have had an abortion. Such a survey would be a way of giving a voice to all those people who do not know how to speak and have not even been born. But not even the women themselves, who defend their rights so much, want such a survey, they do not defend the rights of the unborn, they do not want these people to have a voice and a vote.

I continue to affirm that on the issue of abortion, we, the sons and daughters who have been born even when our mother thought about abortion, are the great forgotten ones, the great ignored ones. Nobody asks us. It will not be possible to decide on abortion in a broad and consistent way, without the opinion of all those people that all of us, men and women, ignore. I asked my young friend who has spina bifida and despite all her physical limitations because she uses a wheelchair, she is very happy and wishes she had been born. Even Laura, who died of cancer in her early 20s, never regretted being born.

My life belongs only to me, only I can decide about my life.

Mum thought about having an abortion, my uncles supported her and my grandmother refused and if one day there is such a poll among those of us who were born to a mother who thought about having an abortion, my vote is very clear, I WANT TO LIVE.

Athenea, Eugen, Dane and 2 others like this.
  15. buffyfan

To be fair? A doctor should be involved. That doctor may be male.......

16. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

What I mean is that the doctor don't chose to do it, if he is a male. He do it because women ask him to. He shouldn,t have the right to tell a woman "No, you can't, its baaaaad"

17. buffyfan

Dont leave me scenarios open.

Mom is in trouble and unconscious. No way to find Next of Kin or there is none. It is Mom or the Baby. Guess who chooses?

18. buffyfan

[

Star, in this case Science has not proven that conception is a "separate life from conception". The only way that has ever been stated from a scientific standpoint involved "Faith Belief" as well.

As to "one has the information to create a human out of a million". Patently scientifically incorrect. If you managed an entire building that has perfect womb simulating machines (Billion dollar idea that I now have to concept copyright first thing in the morning! :) ) and put one million eggs with motile sperm in them. You could get 1 million growing zygotes. Each egg carries that. The problem is fertilization and implantation have to happen too. In a sexually active woman's life? She has likely shed fertilized eggs. And we dont have random children appear because extra-utero they cant develop until a certain point. Which medicine and science, with FAITH removed have placed at around 20 weeks at the earliest.

Hell. There was a point that Ireland had a total ban. And women were dying because, I shit you not, the lawmakers would say the following. "How do we really know the fetus is dead and cant be born" when DOCTORS said it was dead inside her, "GOD could preform a miracle and it could still be born". Women DIED of SEPSIS so that "faith" was taken into account. You can now get one there because one too many women died from sepsis from dead fetuses breaking down inside of them.

MilaHot and Incs like this.
  19. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

What is the percentage of women, that would get a medical condition where a pregnancy would threaten their lives. My guess is less than 1%, way less.

Odette and Athenea like this.
  20. buffyfan

Because in this nation we do not call a dead fetus in the mother, that did not self abort, an abortion. Lets assume there are enough when it is illegal to remove a dead fetus that an actual law changed in Ireland. We dont have that stat because the fetus is removed and not recorded as an abortion. The Irish law changed because an unejected STILL BIRTH early on was considered "Abortion". I shit you not. It really was because they would say "Well who knows if God will preform a miracle".

But I can rough stat out from what I was told for one hospital. 12 incubators per "room" in the NICU. 20 rooms in said NICU. So 240. Rarely under 90% full. About 70% at the time my premie niece (26 weeks) was there were c-section because of maternal safety. By your stats you are saying this hospital, in any given month (the average stay of the NICU), has 24,000 births. 300k births a year? In one hospital? If so NY is birthing likely 10 million people a year. Guess we really will run the nation because at that rate, we alone will almost double the US population in 10 years. Maternal threat of life is more common than any "pro life" side try to claim it is. They just tend to be early births after 24 weeks. BTW. That is the youngest premie that survived at that hospital (A top one in NYS).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.