1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are these abortion laws really "State's Rights"?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Jul 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

That's odd, I know a refugee from Australia that I (we) helped settle in Canada. :D

MilaHot likes this.
  2. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

One step at a time... I have pondered escaping there myself. ;)
    (But I note the incest laws there are stricter than here)

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Indiana govenor just signed into law.

No abortions unless it is response to Rape, Incest, or Life of Mother at Risk.

To me, that is a sane approach.

(repost from another thread.)

4. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Its not enough. Every women should have the right for abortion not matter what.

Incs and pussycat like this.
  5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

And every child should have the right to live.

Eugen and UpNorthChris like this.
  6. pussycat

Absolutely.

Zygotes, blastocysts and embryos are a different matter.

And we are not your breeding stock.

Incs and MilaHot like this.
  7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

If abortion is killing children, then when a guy masturbates he kills children too

8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

C'mon. That doesn't make any sense and you know it. There is no conception in just cumming.

If you take what you said, then every time a female ovulates without getting pregnant is killing children too.

UpNorthChris likes this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

No woman should ever be considered "breeding stock".

Zygotes, blastocysts and embryos are children in the developing stages. But still children.

A catapillar is not yet a butterfly. But if you kill it, you still have killed a butterfly.

UpNorthChris likes this.
  10. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

No, because its the sperm that becomes a child in a woman's womb. Its the sperm that is the base of life :p

11. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

They are not children yet, far from it. They are just a few cells put up together, no 'soul' yet if you prefer

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

So you know what a "soul" is and when it comes into existence?

13. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

False equivalency.

In that case, every egg that a women doesn't fertilize is killing children too. Stop using such silly arguments.

14. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

well, I think the soul come when we are sentient, when we are conscious

15. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I would say she took it to the extreme. But lets legally define conception. I dont know...... Federally. That it is the IMPLANTATION of the fertilized egg, not the meeting of the two cells (insemination). Because if we dont, and states are already arguing this, it will be defined by states as "The moment the sperm and egg meet, so birth control is abortion in our view".

Incs likes this.
  16. pussycat

And once again, religion and religious beliefs rear their ugly head.

17. pussycat

They're already trying. If we take it a bit further (I can see them trying this argument), medically, we assume the "date of conception" as being 2 weeks after the end of a woman's last period. That's just to keep things simple and it's accurate enough to project a due date. But if you attach a "legal" interpretation to it, then one could argue that conception can occur BEFORE any sexual act takes place, and therefore wearing a condom would be considered "abortion"?

I wouldn't put it past these born again religious ass holes to try that.

18. pussycat

She may be stretching it, but it makes sense. It makes more sense than what the fucking idiots of the moral majority or whatever the latest catch phrase for quasi-religious lunatic is currently are trying to promote as "truth".

Fuck all of them.

19. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I was, of course, being ironic lol. Just to show that its ridiculous, all of this.
    If WOMEN want to have an abortion, what I think is that "No goddamn man should have a say in it"

Incs likes this.
  20. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

There is a great debate about when a person can be considered a person, a human being with full rights. One of the worst crimes is when a person murders another person, because he or she is stealing his or her life. On a personal level I understand that a person is born at the very moment that the sperm joins the egg, because at that moment is when the Miracle of Life begins, whose mechanisms are still unknown to science, at that moment is when the whole process that will give rise to a new life begins, the process where an egg and a sperm begin the creation of millions of cells that will give rise to eyes, skin, tendons, bones, brain, blood.... Therefore, when a man masturbates, this process of life has not begun, nor has a woman's unfertilised ovum.

Saving the distances, we could make a similarity with a writer. He can think of his book, he can organise the chapters in his mind, develop in his brain the whole plot of the book, but the book will not be born when it is displayed in a bookshop and a reader holds it in his hands, but when he writes the first word on a blank piece of paper, because that act will give rise, in time, to the physical book which will be what all other people will enjoy from that writer.

There is a lot of talk about women's and men's rights on the issue of abortion, but there are some great forgotten people, those people who nobody pays attention to and nobody asks their opinion, and we are the children of those mothers who, at some point, thought about abortion. One of my girl friends, her parents thought about abortion when they were told, before she was born, that their daughter had spina bifida. Her parents refused the abortion and today she is a very beautiful lady in a wheelchair, intelligent, beautiful, studying journalism and doing an internship at a local television station, as well as contributing articles to one of the two most important newspapers in Valencia. She is very cheerful, funny and has a boyfriend. She is simply happy and her parents are even happier because of their decision not to abort.

I am also the daughter of a woman who thought about abortion. The man who got my mother pregnant told her to have an abortion and my mother had her doubts, because she was in the middle of training as a doctor and starting her professional career. At a family meal she raised the issue, and her siblings told her that they would support her in whatever decision she made. My grandmother said "no woman in this family has ever had an abortion and you won't be the first. That child will be born and you give her to your father and me, we have had four children, your daughter will be our fifth child". Mum refused because that action would be like giving her daughter up for adoption and she, if she was a mother, wanted to live everything as a mother, the sleepless nights because I am not sleepy, my first word, my first step. It was then that Mom decided not to abort.

That a single person can decide on the life or death of another person is an unacceptable attitude, it is an attitude that we would not admit in any trial, it is an attitude typical of dictatorial, authoritarian political systems where the person does not matter, but only a single thought.

I want to live, I have never regretted being born, I like my life, my friends, my studies, my family, my Hardstyle music, my Mediterranean Sea. I have cried many times but I have also laughed many times. But I want to live. I understand the difficulty of knowing the opinion of a being who hasn't been born yet and doesn't know how to speak or understand words. But someone should give importance not only to the mother and father, but also to the sons and daughters who were born after our mother thought about abortion. Someone should take the trouble to make a survey of all the women who thought about abortion at one time or another, but rejected the idea. Someone should ask their sons and daughters if they agree with that decision. The sons and daughters of women who thought about abortion are the forgotten ones in this issue, we are being robbed of our importance in a despicable way, we are being ignored in a demeaning and humiliating way. Nobody thinks about these sons and daughters, nobody asks these people if they agree with having been born. I am 22 years old and nobody, absolutely nobody, has ever, ever asked me about abortion, they only talk about the father and the mother.

On the other hand, we are living in a society that every day creates more irresponsible people, people who are taught that only their selfish happiness matters without any responsibility. If a woman gets pregnant, it is because she is irresponsible. We live in a society with information about sexuality that no other generation has ever had, we have shops that are open 24 hours a day where you can buy condoms, there are many methods of contraception. But society is increasingly downplaying the importance of ethics and morals, of responsibility for one's actions, and what is making it more and more irresponsible is sex. Men measure their masculinity by counting how many pussies they have fucked and women make us believe that we are freer the faster we open our legs to fuck. And if you're pregnant, no problem, abortion.

Women should not demand abortion as a right, because that makes us irresponsible with our actions, we should demand that we are considered human beings not trophies for men, that when they look at us they see something more than a hot and wet hole to stick their dicks in, we should demand more sex education and more respect. But that change will never come from men, that change only depends on women, on taking responsibility for our actions.

As a final point of this exposition that Dane surely considers excessive (I'm sorry, from the bottom of my heart, I'm trying to be more brief, sincerely), I would just like to insist that, in my opinion, the sons and daughters of mothers who thought about abortion are the forgotten ones, nobody asks us or makes a study. I would just like to thank my grandmother and my mother who, when I had no opinion and no say, defended my right to Life.

I want to live.

Eugen, UpNorthChris, Athenea and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.