1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Any Americans tired of all the guns?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Apr 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luv2face

Luv2face Trusted.Member

The ideal thing is not to even bring it up. You talk against it, other talk for it. So either way it’s drama.

2. Mr.Electris

Mr.Electris Account Deleted

I'm more annoyed by how gun owners respond here in the US. It's always been a shitshow. I get the need for weapons to defend ourselves and recreational hunting but even I have to admit the Second ammendment is vague and only responded to states having their own militia. It's was just a response of Judical Activism that lasted over time.

3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I would say this. Guns of themselves? Are fine. What is needed is for localities, states and the Feds too? To tighten and clearly define "Self Defense". Shooting through a door because you are "SCARED" is not self defense. "That microsecond and how I felt" is not self defense. Watch how much people pulling weapons over the littlest things slows down if not stops.

Who remembers that news week when the old man shot the teen who rang his bell? Then a day or two later some Upstate NY psycho opened fire because a car turned around in his driveway, then the guy in TX who shot two cheerleaders when they got in the wrong car, apologized and began to leave. The problem WITH guns is laws that allow "how I felt at that exact moment" to be an excuse.

4. Mr.Electris

So Stand your ground laws?

5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

More than that. There are many states where you can shoot someone through a door in Self Defense if you are "scared". In the dark if you are "Scared".

6. Mr.Electris

Oh. ... that doesn't sound good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.