1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Any Americans tired of all the guns?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Apr 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

There here is NOT for Gun Cultists.
    Here, its for people who had enough of all the killings, all the gun fanatism in the USA.
    Are there some good people here against guns?
    If you are pro gun, don't come spill your propaganda here, please.
    Any Gun Fanatic that come here to spill is bs, I will report him or her.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  2. Dan27

Dan27 Trusted Member

I am not 'murican and I see their point a bit with their rights to carry.
    But it has seemed to spiral the society in violence a bit.
    Disagreement breaks out the otherside pulls a gun and blasts the other one. Saw a video from that.
    And direct cause to why police violence and shooting is high. I understand why police are so quick to shoot since every case they have might turn into a firefight.

It cannot be sustainable in a long term.
    As I said, I am not representing that country so just my thoughts. :)

Daddy's Home, dee snuts 01 and Lian like this.
  3. Incs

Incs Account Deleted

I completely agree. America has gone totally nuts with its gun fetish.

Lian likes this.
  4. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

WHat you refer to a a thought flaw called "Stand Your Ground". Where in some places, you can practically start a fist fight, "Feel threatened", the draw and shoot becuase "you felt threatened" and IN THEORY they are only supposed to look at the MOMENT they shot, not the lead up, because the "shooter felt threatened". It is the mentality that POTENTIALLY leads to the kid shot for ringing the 85 year old's bell and the woman who died because, UPSTATE NY they turned around in his DRIVEWAY and he came out SHOOTING.

5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Another shootout in USA. Texad this time, a kid died.

6. jerred

jerred Trusted Member

I am tired of criminals having guns. How do we eliminate criminals from having them, and still protect ourselves... This is the big question!!

gizzwhizz and Jumpit like this.
  7. Dannykinz

Dannykinz Moderator Staff Member

I’m tired of the guns tbh. I wish we could get rid of them all together.

luvmemum63 and Lian like this.
  8. Jumpit

Jumpit Trusted Member

The gun problem is a relatively new phenomenon in the US over the past couple of decades. Especially since the the Columbine massacre. Guns have been in households since the inception of the nation, but there's been a shift in people's mental health in the past 30 or so years. Further, homicides and attacks by knives are a significant problem in countries without guns. So, the question is, how do we develop a culture where peace between individuals is more popular than trying to be Mr. Big Dick at every perceived slight or confrontation?

Dad46 and luvmemum63 like this.
  9. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

Dead tired

Lian likes this.
  10. ch0cot1ger

ch0cot1ger Trusted Member

There's some correlations between certain policies and how things have changed, but given the... "cult" status of many political camps and such, I don't see any sort of logical changes on the horizon until something just goes beyond the pale...
    When that will happen? Who knows...

Nonetheless, the whole idea of "The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun..." is doing more harm than good.

Lian likes this.
  11. Pike

Pike Trusted.Member

The problem is that so many of the politicians have been bought and paid for my the NRA under the guise of "protecting the 2nd Amendment." And I have to disagree with the if it's not guns it's knife attacks argument. A guy with a knife didn't kill 13 like at Columbine, 26 like at Sandy Hook, 17 in Parkland, 50 at Pulse, 21 at Uvalde, 58 in Vegas. Yes, mental health is a key factor, but how often do we hear of mass knife attacks?

Lian likes this.
  12. James aruna

James aruna Trusted Member

13. CloudMover123

CloudMover123 Trusted Member

The gun fetish is a bit strange to folks outside of the gun culture. It isn't apparent to most people in the world why the average citizen should have a military-grade assault weapon.

I suppose you need it if you believe the King of England is going to come and try to repress you. But most of us have moved beyond the 18th century.

Pike and Lian like this.
  14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I'm tired of the criminals who are pulling the triggers. I have yet to see a single gun get of a table and shoot anyone all by itself. It's a tool like any other tool ie: a hammer, crowbar, hand saw or a box cutter. How many people were killed/injured by bricks, rocks, pipes, pieces of lumber, knives or fire bombs (think 2 years of riots). Don't forget about hands and feet used for beating someone to death. Instead focusing on the assholes being assholes, lets focus on an inanimate object that can't do anything without the asshole wielding it. Lets get rid of the assholes instead. The "gun problem" will resolve itself.

Currently the democratic party IS the most Nazi party I know and they scare the shit out of me. If we have another civil war it will be directly due to them.

15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

That's stupid. "Guns don't kill". They are DESIGNED to kill. You speak of Hammers and other TOOLS, who are NOT DESGINED TO KILL, unlike GUNS.
    Yes, other things CAN kill, but its not the main purpose of it.
    Give a dude a hammer and he can't kill 15 people in a minute. Give a dude a gun and he CAN kill 15 people in a minute.

The 'Nazis' in USA are not the Democrats. That's just the Republican propaganda spitting their hate and ideology. The only Nazis in USA right now are Trump and his most hardcore followers. If you look at what Trump did, he is VERY CLOSE to what Hitler was, what he did.

Babysis and Pike like this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

When did a gun walk down the street and shoot somebody? It requires a CRIMINAL to use that "tool" and pull the trigger. I have yet to hear about knives doing that either be themselves. Again it requires a person to do the slashing/stabbing. You clearly avoiding the point is that PEOPLE hurt/kill other people. Yet people HAVE BEEN hurt/killed by people using hammers. crowbars, pieces of pipe, wood, frozen water bottles, bricks rocks, feet and fists. When someone is beaten do you call that fist violence? Feet violence? It is what it is - VIOLENCE!!!!!! Doesn't matter what is/was used. It's still VIOLENCE BY people against people. Why aren't you addressing that fact/point. Why isn't anybody (politicians especially) addressing/talking about that point? God forbid we should actually hold people accountable/responsible for their criminal activity. BTY a guy in China killed ten people with a knife in about as many minutes. That was in the news a few months ago and in China no one except the military can have guns.

Both BLM and ANTIFA are the most fascist/Nazi organizations I've seen in action. They ARE violent and feel free to use it against anybody who just disagrees with them OR they think disagrees with them. Think Brown Shirts of 1930s German Nazi party or the Black Shirts of Mussolini's Fascist party in Italy. They have the full support of the Dumocratic party. That what makes then fascist and Nazi. Just because you believe that Republicans, conservatives or Trump is are Nazis doesn't make it true. Nor you saying it make it true. If you or anyone else only read or listen to leftist news/propaganda then that is all will know and believe.

Akbloke, UpNorthChris and Dad46 like this.
  17. Jeeves 22

Jeeves 22 Trusted.Member

Nope, not at all. Thanks for asking.
    I live around well-armed neighbors who practice regularly and understand constitutional law quite well, therefore I feel very safe knowing that lawful people still have the power to defend against lawlessness.
    However when I was working at a college, I knew that nobody was safe from a crazed armed individual or group from causing as much damage as they want to until some brave soul who carries anyway stops the assailant quickly or maybe a cop might show up after the damage is done. Happens every time.
    I call these campuses "No Second Amendment Zones."
    Self defense is not just a Right, it is your primary Duty to defend yourself and others in times of crisis. Someone intent on killing isn't going to be stopped by throwing books at them, spraying them with pepper spray, or urging them consider the morality of their actions. But you can always try.

UpNorthChris, Dad46 and Brutus58 like this.
  18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Damn!! You said in fewer and more concise words what I wish I could say. Kudos to you Jeeves.

Jeeves 22 likes this.
  19. Jeeves 22

Jeeves 22 Trusted.Member

Thanks. And everything you said is true and poignant as well. The international consequences of keeping citizens armed and educated is very important so we don't suffer a repeat of tyrannical history.

UpNorthChris, Dad46 and Brutus58 like this.
  20. Jeeves 22

Jeeves 22 Trusted.Member

There is no shame in being strong and prepared.
    No reason to ever fatigue in vigilance since the enemy is first within and then without.
    But the thief will come and at an hour soon as your guard is down.
    We can be civil without removing our teeth or claws but your friends don't require you to be defenseless for the sake of friendship only your enemies require you to make yourself helpless.
    Just listen to the first minute:

UpNorthChris and Brutus58 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.