1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What is it with Old People lately?!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, May 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The "woke MOB" believe that just because they are breathing they ARE OWED something/everything from Free Everything to the canceling of their student debt obligations. I'm over sixty years old and PAYED ALL my student debts.

My first BA degree was in biology. Can't do shit with that. Second BScience degree was in Nursing. After a few years I wanted more. So I went for my Masters degree in Nursing and became Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Old joke - "I passed gas for a living and got paid for it". Made a good (highly stressful) living and took early retirement.

All I can say to the dumber-than-shit woke MOB (they ARE a mob), "you should have chosen a degree you can get paid for". A degree in basket weaving doesn't pay much now does it? A loan is a LOAN and if you can't pay it back, you NEVER should have signed on the dotted line in the first place!!!!

Should have gone to a trade school (welding, heavy equipment operator, etc).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    JandO, spinny and Dane like this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

True, but being Woke is much more than that.

Woke means that EVERYONE should be accepted as they want to be. No matter how it hurts anyone but themselves.

The original modern Woke movement started with NAMBLA. (look it up) in the 70's. (Fucking pedophiles wanting
    everyone forced to "accept" their lifestyle")
    It just progressed from there to today, where the Woke crowd thinks it's ok to indoctrinate everyone to their ideology
    no matter their age.

Nabisco/Oreos just joined the Woke crowd. Shoving indoctrination down peoples throats, literally!!

oreo2a.jpg oreo1a.jpg

3. hornybozo

hornybozo Trusted Member

Got a BS (not a BA) in chemstry and biology and an MS in biolgy. Spent 35 years, until a helicopter crash disabled me, doing research in AZ and AK. Worked with desert bighorn sheep in AZ and Alaska brown bears in AK. The latter screwed my back up while darting a bear from a helicopter and it couldnt run on water, contaminated fuel. I had jobs that most biologist dream of, like wild kingdom. Its all what one puts into one's education and determination to get the job you want. Now 75, part of the "free love" generation and dont feel like anyone owes me anything. Had a GREAT life.

Djole, TittyKitty and Brutus58 like this.
  4. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

Old age is a time of life that many people live with the helplessness of the changes that are subtracting activities in their lives, it is a complex world that balances between the memory of vitality, the strength and independence of a near youth that these people still live in their memory and the hard acceptance of all the physical and mental limitations that the time of the years entails, but the worst moment is the forced acceptance in the decrease of capacities and being aware of them, knowing that they will never recover and learning to live with this dictatorship imposed by time. The attitudes of older people that we value unilaterally from our perspective of free and independent young people, for whom old age is a distant moment, we describe these attitudes as pride, conceit and superiority, when it is only a cry with the desperation of those who know they are weak and dependent, of those who know they are forgotten and despised by the overwhelming speed of a society for which these older people are only people who live in their old glories and memories and who cannot adapt to this new frenetic rhythm.

5. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

A beautiful, simple and real description of life in old age. Many kisses wherever you want. :):););)

Star_of_sea, Brutus58 and Athenea like this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I witnessed it first hand with my father and now experiencing the same myself.

Star_of_sea and Athenea like this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

AHEM!!

I am in retirement age, some call an "old people", and I feel nothing of your quote" we describe these attitudes as pride, conceit and superiority, when it is only a cry with the desperation of those who know they are weak and dependent, of those who know they are forgotten and despised by the overwhelming speed of a society for which these older people are only people who live in their old glories and memories and who cannot adapt to this new frenetic rhythm."

The OP's post is about why "old people" think they can act rudely and obnoxious without recompense, acting like they are "owed" or
    are allow to override basic manners, just because they were able to live long.

A very few have that "I am weak and NEED something for nothing because I am old" attitude. (Not saying some don't, I have clients
    like that).

Frenetic rhythm? Yep, there are a lot of new things and gadgets to make life "easier/better/whatever" that I don't even try to
    comprehend.
    Is it because I can't or too lazy?

NOT AT ALL!

It's because I KNOW i don't NEED, nor DESIRE such things in my life. I am happy with what I have done, but like a lot of old folks,
    I am concerned about what the YOUTH are doing to themselves.

We old people have made mistakes, we know this generation will too, it's part of learning. But some of the mistakes being made
    by the younger generation who have eschewed the elder's wisdom (though, some are following an elder who seems to lack any wisdom)
    and are bent on doing things the "New Way" without regard to the obvious consequences.

But no matter what, the Elder's who act like they are owed something and act like rude jerks in public, need to be handled like
    any rude jerk in public, no matter their age.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

I prefer woke oreos over people who tell me that I am not eating oreos correct, because I don't dip them in milk first.

Inbred-Inbreeder, Dane and TittyKitty like this.
  9. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

In fact, no. Woke is about attacking everyone that is not as you want them to be. Woke is about attacking the White people, to blame them about everything. And to blame men too.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You Heathen!!!:eek::eek::D

(Actually I am the type to twist them in half first!)

Brutus58 and whitecoffee1 like this.
  11. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

You Heathen! You shouldn't be allowed Oreos!!:eek::eek::D

(Actually I'm the sort to... Leave them in the packet) :p

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I'll say we both have a good example ( yes, your description is of the original 'Woke" ) and the basis of the fact that being "woke" is
    probably the worst thing for anyone or any company to be.

I just wish those who are "woke" and are self-abasing would just self-abase themselves right out of existence. The woke contribute
    nothing good to anyone or anything.

Brutus58 and MilaHot like this.
  13. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

Ah, I love a good self-abasement. I'm pretty shit at it tho. Last time I tried, people applauded. APPLAUDED! Like they enjoyed what I was saying! I felt like such a dismal failure. Clearly this is just another thing I'm no good at doing. Maybe I should just give up.

Djole, Brutus58, Dane and 1 other person like this.
  14. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Dont forget. The woke learned from the best. They were on the other side. PTC and churches. Who threw hissy fits when tv didnt depict spouses in separate TWIN BEDS on TV. Lost their shit when Kirk kissed Uhura. Campaigned against rock then metal then rap. THe people you hear (and Simpsons mock so well with Helen Lovejoy) "Wont you think about the children?!".

But while we are on that subject, and it is a side but related one. Why do we as a society expect single or married childless ADULTS to model their lives in public around what John and Jane "Breeder" want THEIR kids to see?

15. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Its because society is wrong. There is a BIG problem with society.
    Its as if it wanted us to be fitting in their 'perfect model' of what humans are. But by doing that, we forget who we are, what we want, to just 'fit it'

Dane likes this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is so correct on many levels.

The extreme right has no concept of reality, the extreme left lives in lala land.

17. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I would say the Extreme Right has no concept of Reality, while the Extreme Left just think for the best without understanding that people are not going to turn 'good' just because they wish them to

18. Xiaohannah

Xiaohannah Trusted Member

There's even more entitled young people, look at antiwork and antifa people

19. buffyfan

Antiwork? you mean the people who dont want to work for pennies so the "franchise owner" can own an S class rather than a C class. And dont try to pretend that is not true. I have seen the books of many of these franchisees. The ones "barely showing a profit". But that only happens after they subtract 3 mortgages, thousands in car leases, their boat payment and boat mooring costs. And no. Those signs, if you look, dont say "15 or MORE" like some news claim they do. They say up to 15. And when the person interviews. "Well we are offering you 9. In a few years you can make manager maybe and get closer to 15!".

Sorry. They wont work for 7.50 or 9 because you dont want to wait on a line longer. Many got better jobs and training/eductation like people told them to. Now the owners, who touted "the market sets wages"? Are playing the "no one wants to work!" now. Because they never meant "free market wages". They meant "I AM THE MARKET AS THE INVESTOR! SHUT UP AND MAXIMIZE MY PROFITS!". So many owners I know have never actually set foot in their businesses. Employees have been there YEARS and never met the owner. Because? They are busy on their boat/racing as a hobby/at the country club all day.

I run food service. I have a line out the door for jobs at my places? I dont play "2.13/hr plus TIPS". I pay them a percentage of the take for the night/day plus tips. And there is a manager, a server and a bartender closing the cash for the night. And another manager/Bartender/Server trio doing the booze and food inventory the next day. Know what that does? Has all the bouncers watching out for any bouncers that pocket the door money at the club based bars. Has anyone touching $ in the bar/grills making sure their coworkers stay honest. Because you steal a dollar? You stole money out of everyone's pocket. But the biggest thing. I dont play the "The customer is always RIGHT" crap. They dont like it? They can leave. My people wont be abused because someone Old or Young thinks they are the customer so they are entitled to their way.

Again. Good employers get workers. Workers who show up. Dont steal. Because they are paid and treated well. Bad employers play the "no one wants to WORK!". Because they pay like shit. Treat employees as replaceable. Are only concerned with what their ROI is, screw everyone who works for me.

BTW. Upstate NY and Downstate NY? I have yet to wait more than 10 min at a driveup at peak times. Retail there are lines. But that has been since my time in retail in the 90s. The "maximizing calculation" where you keep fewer than you need in a place because, GOD FORBID there is 1 or 2 more people than you project you need at that hour.

20. buffyfan

To be honest? So many people I know who worked in retail? Used the Pandemic $ to get things like P&C and AL&H licenses (insurance). Get certifications. So now those LOW PAYING JOBS are empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.