1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Recent Covid News

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Nov 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Interestingly way of putting it.

2. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

No-one in THIS part of the world made ANY claims the vaccines would offer full protection from the virus. Viral Immunisation is NEVER 100%. Claims like that are all sorts of fucked up.

I have immediate family members that have lasting negative effects impacting their lives that are the result of covid19, although it's true that the more recent strains are less damaging.

... and I need to remind you that the whole point of science is to change based on evidence. That's what FOLLOWING the science really means. Science developed the proof that the earth was NOT the centre of the solar system. and that our solar system was not the centre of the galaxy or universe.

Lian and whitecoffee1 like this.
  3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

The real problem is that some people think that they are the center of the universe.

Lian, TittyKitty and whitecoffee1 like this.
  4. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

That was the whole basis of my argument. Science is to be questioned. It's one of the core pillars. But at that time, if we questioned the vax or how viruses worked, we became science deniers. We were supposed to except science at face value and just deal with it. At least that's how it was in Canuckistan. I'm still trying to collect all the strains of C-19 so i can be like Thanos. Snap my finger and make all of the politicians turn to dust.

5. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I'm sending positive energy to those you know who are impacted by the long term effects. I wish for good health.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  6. pussycat

Science evolves with the knowledge base available at the time. It should always be questioned, indeed is questioned (it's called peer review), or else it will stagnate, and we will cease to progress.
    The problem arises with who is doing the questioning.
    It would be nice if certain elements of society paused for a moment, and asked themselves if they really have any qualifications whatsoever to offer a critique on a subject, before they opened their yap and spewed forth garbage.

Brutus58 and Lian like this.
  7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You mean like presidents, governors and other politicians?

8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Or more likely conspirationists on internet posting videos on YouTube that other conspirationists will watch

9. pussycat

That lot would be good start. :D

TittyKitty and Brutus58 like this.
  10. pussycat

It has been said that the most dangerous weapon mankind possesses is the jawbone of an ass.

Brutus58 and Lian like this.
  11. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Human's stupidity is Humanity's worse enemy

12. pussycat

You know who the truly good leaders are? It's those who realize that they don't actually know very much about any one subject, so they put people who do know in charge of what they're knowledgeable about, and leave them the fuck alone so they can do their job.

TittyKitty, Lian and Brutus58 like this.
  13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The problem is is that they don't do that. They appoint people who think as they do to those positions of guidance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.