1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

If You're An American in a Family Loving Relationship, Heads Up!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by lurkorn, May 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Marriage was created by men to have women submit to them, to belong to them.

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Marriage existed in matriarchal societies as well.

onlyson, Incs and Dane like this.
  3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

there were some kinds of unions, yes, but not marriage as we see it today

Dane likes this.
  4. Eoneon

Eoneon Trusted.Member

It is a complex issue that has changed over time, for example, sexually transmitted diseases helped create marriage.

5. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

not really, because all along history, married men were fucking prostitutes. So saying that STDs created marriage is kinda a shortcut lol

Incs and Dane like this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

There is a lot of Biblical truth to that statement. In a way....

Marriage instituded by God with Adam and Eve was to be 1 man and 1 woman only. Polygamy was a creation by men.

Part of the monogamous reason of 1 husband, 1 wife, was to keep the physical body free of STDs.
    Sex outside (either before, after or during) marriage is the main reason that STDs proliferated.

If sex was only between 2 expoused to each other (doesn't matter if straight or gay), STDs would not ever been
    a concern.
    I know there are cases where casual contact has caused infection, but it is rare. Except for Herpes Simplex Type One.

7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Polygamy a couple of millenia ago, was used as a way for financial stability too.

Men would have many wives and the were a wife for a specific reason.
    To raise his children,
    To oversee land ownership was maintained,
    To be the official top messenger to his decrees,
    To be a "legal" concubine,
    etc,etc.

Polygamy was created by men, for men, and men alone.
    The whole bit of men being superior to women in some religions and cultures, and forcibly suppressing women
    is because those men are simply AFRAID of women.
    Afraid some woman may excell over what the men do.

All fucking cowards, in my opinion...

8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Never said it should. I meant they should have that license too, without restriction.

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

No argument here. Civil Unions between any 2 PEOPLE doesn't hurt anyone.
    It does hurt the feelings of those against it.

The religious claim that children raised by a 2 same sex parent household is depriving and hurting the children.
    They claim the children are forced into becoming gay when they are not.
    ALL studies show that is not the case at all. The children end up just like any other children, except they usually don't
    have the bigotry against the gays as some children are raised.

The same % are straight and the same % are gay when compared to all other scenerios in which children are raised.

10. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

But you are forcing everyone in those religions to change their beliefs. The government is not allowed to change a persons religions beliefs.

11. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Marriage was created to make men take responsibility for taking care of their wife and children.

Dane likes this.
  12. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

How does it force them? Freedom of Religion does not, nor was it ever meant to be "you dont have to see anything against your religion". By that argument? All that should be on TV is religious services because anything else will "violate someone else's religious beliefs". They are not forcing you to marry someone of the same sex (and lets avoid the avalanche that is "Slippery Slope" on everything but guns). They would not even be forcing people to hold the ceremonies in their religious establishments. All it would do is piss off the ultra religious because "I have to SEE it and that violates my religion".

If JW get enough power in an area? Should they be allowed to BAN blood transfusions because that "violates our religion"? Should Orthodox Jews who are the majority in an area (see this one a lot as I live about 45 min North of Kiryas Joel in NY) be allowed to ban business being done by non Orthodox Jews from Sundown Fri to Sundown Sat, and every minor sometimes week long holiday too, because "otherwise it violates my religion to see it"? You are now arguing that Religious Freedom is violated because "I cant make others follow my religion by law".

13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Polygamy was a creation of Mankind, such as marriage is.
    It has nothing to do with STDs. Its about nobility wanting to be sure that their children are theirs.

14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

And how that ideal has been all but totally rejected by modern society.

Part of it brought on by the government paying unwed mothers based upon the number of babies they had out of wedlock.

15. Sadie

Sadie Account Deleted

How will they monitze them?

16. Kiltedfool

Kiltedfool Trusted.Member

By “selling” them to anyone who will care for them.

17. Sadie

Sadie Account Deleted

O oh ok

18. Just4fun21!

Just4fun21! Account Deleted

Not true. Is was about becoming one, and if you are quoting the Bible with that quote, it says that men should love their wives as Christ loves the church, and gave Himself for the church

[Mod note to member- If you look you will see Account Deleted, the posting member is no longer a part of this Forum. A line through a member's name means the member has been temporarily restricted from the Forum]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2022
    Dane likes this.
  19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

True.
    Marriage was instituted as "one man and one woman".
    But..
    Polygamy was instituted for economic and heirarchy reasons as well as what most think, sexual reasons.
    Some women were made wives as the "Official Voice" of the husband when she was put in charge over land and herd control.
    As well as household and domestic affairs, and in some cases, international affairs.

Just4fun21! likes this.
  20. Just4fun21!

Just4fun21! Account Deleted

Is this saying I was restricted

[Mod note to member- If you look you will see Account Deleted, the posting member is no longer a part of this Forum. A line through a member's name means the member has been temporarily restricted from the Forum]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.