1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

If You're An American in a Family Loving Relationship, Heads Up!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by lurkorn, May 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurkorn

lurkorn Trusted Member

I haven't seen mention of this here, so I figured I'd better alert folks because there's the potential for some really bad legal stuff to head your way if you're not careful. I assume that all of you have heard the news that the Supreme Court is almost certainly going to overturn Roe v Wade. It doesn't matter what you think about abortion, you need to be concerned about this. Here's why: States, where abortion becomes illegal (and that's potentially all of them if we get a Republican Congress and President in 2024), will be paying close attention to people seeking medical treatment. And, since in many states, incest between consenting adults is illegal, it is possible that the authorities could start asking "uncomfortable" questions of someone in a family loving relationship.

Also note that in the leaked draft, Alito very carefully points out that abortion can't be considered a right because it's not mentioned in the Constitution, while also mentioning that the concept of privacy isn't mentioned in the Constitution. A previous Supreme Court tossed out anti-sodomy laws (I need to point out that the legal definition of "sodomy" includes things like oral sex, as well as anal sex) because it said that such laws violated a person's right to privacy. Given that we have a current court that doesn't seem to think that you do have a right to privacy, this ought to be concerning.

Again, your opinion on abortion doesn't matter here. What the Supreme Court is doing has the potential to harm consenting adults engaging in an act of love. You need to be aware of this, and take steps to protect yourself. I mean, who wants to go to jail because they got a blowjob or had their pussy eaten or had anal sex? Nobody and nobody should have to worry about such things. But that's now going to be a real risk for a number of people.

I also want to point out that there are companies that sell phone tracking data about people who visit reproductive health clinics to anyone who wants it, for less than $200. (No warrants required.) So, imagine if you or your partner is expecting a bundle of joy in a few months and goes to a reproductive health clinic to get checked out while carrying a phone. It's real easy for the government to get their hands on that information. Do you want them asking questions of you about this? Even though consenting adults are involved? My answer is no.

So, here's my advice to you, check the following links for tips on how to protect yourself:
    [privacytools.io/]
    [cpj.org/2019/07/digital-safety-kit-journalists/]
    [eff.org/pages/surveillance-self-defense]

Active Links to other sites are not allowed. Neo

They have the information needed to protect yourself from most unwanted attention by "Imperial entanglements."

However, and this is important, if you're thinking that they'll enable you to do something that involves, say, accessing images that are illegal, without detection, you're wrong. There are other steps that you'd need to take, and don't bother asking me about them, because I don't know the details, and wouldn't tell you if I did. A certain "reality TV star" is now in jail because he followed the advice found in those links, thinking that it'd enable him to access illegal content without worry. He didn't realize that there were other things that he did that not only alerted the authorities as to what he was doing, but made it a certainty that they'd come after him. (Again, don't ask, I'm not telling, and if anyone PMs me asking for such information, I'll turn the the PMs over to the mods/admins here.)

I just want everyone to be safe in their relationships with other consenting adults. (And if the mods/admins have issues with this post, please PM so we can work this out. I'm just trying to ensure that consenting adults are safe in their loving relationships.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2022
    Mrs HappyC, Brutus58, Incs and 3 others like this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

This is the actions of a Mod. To edit/delete a post that violates Forum rules.

Your statement;

is an example of a misconception of what we Moderate.
    Nothing you typed, and the subject matter (it is a good post btw), does not violate Forum Rules. Therefore we have no other issues
    with your post and its subject matter. (if you notice, as an act of courtesy, your links were disabled by Mod Neo, but not deleted.)

lurkorn likes this.
  3. Qui

Qui Trusted Member

Wow

4. lurkorn

lurkorn Trusted Member

Thanks. It's been a while since I've read the rules (and I do try to keep up with the changes that have been made).

Dane likes this.
  5. lurkorn

lurkorn Trusted Member

Well, Roe's dead, and several states are enacting some pretty severe laws. Again, I'm not lecturing folks on their stance about abortion, I'm just wanting people to be careful. If you, or someone you know, has a period tracking app on their phone, delete it immediately. You don't want to give the authorities any excuse to poke around in your business.

6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

All the Supreme Court said was that Abortion is not a Federal problem, but a State problem, and the states should handle it themselves. If the majority of the people in a state wanted the abortion laws to stay the same then they need to vote the appropriate state legislators to do that. The Supreme Court decision does not say that abortions are illegal, that is the propaganda of the Pro-Abortion Activist.

Dogslife4me2003 and Brutus58 like this.
  7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Abortion shouldn't be a Federal nor a State problem, but a PERSONAL matter, in which the State has nothing to do with it, no way to interfeer

lurkorn, Djole and Incs like this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I agree that it is a personal matter for the most part unless the State considers it to be "murder", then it comes under the State's jurisdiction.

9. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But its not a 'murder'. If abortion is murder, then every guy that masturbate and cums kills thousands of people, as life is not yet made, its not even a soul, no consciousness or anything

lurkorn likes this.
  10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I don't write the laws or interpret them. If the law states that abortion is murder then it's under the jurisdiction of the State to deem it "murder". You could carry your argument further by saying that every ovulation that did not result in a conception was "murder" also.

11. Neophyte

Also every girl that doesn't get pregnant and wastes an egg, is doing the same thing. Think about your arguments.

Dogslife4me2003, MilaHot and Brutus58 like this.
  12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You said it better and with fewer words than I did.

Dogslife4me2003 likes this.
  13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

So you understand that abortion is not a murder, if we follow logic. Or MANY things are murders, if we follow the Anti-Abortion's logic

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2022
  14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Law only understands the law. I'm neither for nor against that law regarding abortion. Victims of rape or forced incest SHOULD be allowed to have abortions. As I understand the original poster's purpose of this post is to warn people about sharing info about incest activity. I DO support consensual incest. I do oppose laws against that.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Oh come on! You know all well that statement holds no value as even when a guy cums in a female, thousands, if not millions of sperm
    DO NOT enter the egg. Only one.

And when a guy cums by jerking off, there is no egg to fertilize.

The argument stands is that when an egg is fertilized, and implanted into the womb,at that momement, it is a living being.
    Therefore, ending that life is murder.

Pro choice choose to believe that at conception and womb implantation it is not a life, but a physio-biological event and nothing more. True?

So the stance becomes, when does a fertilized egg, implanted in the uterus, become a living being?

Pro-Life stance is at conception AND implantation. We hold a definite position in time and event.

Where do you, as Pro_choice, state that it is a living being?

What is your definite position of time and event?

16. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But when the sperm just entered the egg, its not yet "a life", its not even an embryo, its just.. nothing
    To me, a woman should be allowed to have an abortion. Period. No "if" or anything. Its HER choice, not men's choice.

Incs likes this.
  17. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Life should be considered life when the embryo is 'old enough' to 'survive' outside of his mom, either by natural birth or caesarian section (not sure about the english name)

Incs, Djole, Dane and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Even though I disagree, I wish all of the Pro-Choice held your viewpoint.

Even I can understand why an argument can be made by the Choice advocates for "viability" .
    But the problem comes from both sides for that stance, even with a "science based" logic.

The far religious claim for "conception", but that falls into a problem that even a fertilizes egg can, and does, more times than
    some will admit, is expelled along with the uteri stripping during menustration.
    That is why "conception AND implantation" is needed (imho) before the sperm/egg becomes "life"

But same of the Choice want that definition of "life" not to be at viability, but until the mother, and the mother alone, decides
    when it is life. Up to and including during labor.

That is why that California bill had to be amended. The way it was written, that choice by the mother could be made even
    after a live birth.

So your stance that viability being the "point" of life, though one can claim a scientific basis, and even claim it to be a stance
    with logical thinking involved, will always de rejected by both sides.

Religious quote their "Word of/from God" that since man is made in His image, it is at conception/implantation.
    (though even the Jews promote Pro-Choice). But there is no bending/giving in a stance that firm.

Non-evengelical religious, and/or the secular, like you, hold what some consider a logical stance. But for a lot of the Pro-Choice
    will only accept a law like that as a stepping stone to the ultimate goal of making a law that strictly allows a mother complete
    control of the time, no matter how far along in gestation.

19. lurkorn

lurkorn Trusted Member

And the Republicans have said that when they gain control of the government, they intend to enact a national ban on abortion. (And if you think that the current Supreme Court would overturn such a law, I've got a very nice bridge I'd like to sell you.) None of which has anything to do with the reason why I started this thread. Namely that with increased surveillance on if a person is pregnant or not, it might cause consenting adults in an incest relationship to be discovered by the law and face persecution.

20. Neophyte

If such a law is passed, then the Supreme Court would do nothing until a case is brought before it. The Court is not proactive an goes out looking for laws to overturn. If a such a case is brought before it, the Liberal Justices would automatically vote for it. The Conservative Justices would look at the Constitutional argument made in the case. If the argument is in compliance with the Constitution, then they probably would vote for the case. Liberal Justices vote the way the Liberal Party wants them to vote, the Conservative Justices vote the way they see the Constitution. Conservative Justices don't always vote inline with the Conservative Party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.