1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What is Critical Race Theory

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  2. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I had a JHS teacher that got in trouble for teaching us, in DOWNSTATE NY, about Tulsa. Because the DISTRICT did not approve of it.

My point is CRT is not what people think it is. I know. Remember I teach classes at a law school. That is the only place actual CRT is taught. Graduate level courses. People are calling anything that points out bad things that were done, CRT. Remember, and I can pull up the actual articles off an old hard drive, possibly, at one point TX wanted to minimize Thomas Jefferson because he did not believe that the US should be a Christian Nation and was not a good "Christian".

4. Neophyte

History would teach what happened. CRT teaches who to blame.

5. buffyfan

On that we can potentially agree. True CRT as I have seen it at the College level (at least how it is taught at my school) really is just "we have to get rid of the theory that things were never bad. And make sure we keep an eye to make sure that does not still happen.". I know other schools take it further.

As to History? This is what I think is fine. Tulsa happened. And it was because the white people at the time were not happy that the Black people were so successful. That is no more teaching who is to blame that teaching the Nazis killed Jews for being Jews. The fact is Tulsa was white people. It WAS because the blacks were too successful at the time. That is fact, not "teaching blame".

6. Neophyte

That may be true, but teaching that all White People are Racist from the day they are born, till the day that they die, is something that should be rejected in all its forms. There are other ways to teach History, but CRT is not one of them.

7. Neophyte

8. buffyfan

Again. I have never seen CRT taught like that. Have not seen proof of that. Just "rumors that someone told someone told someone".

9. Neophyte

Ten seconds worth of searching.

10. buffyfan

As you said with cops? Take care of that situation and stop pretending that it is everywhere because it happened in one place.

Also American Experiment MN is not an extreme Right Group, but is far from a middle of the road Centerist either. Not saying this is a lie or inaccurate. Just taking their view on it with a grain of skepticism that it is that bad everywhere. AEM (not typing that out) openly admits they are a Conservative Think Tank. When I get home I will look and see if I can find information on this outside of AEM.

11. Neophyte

I don't deny that bad cops exist. What I deny is all cops are bad. It doesn't matter if the group is Left, Center, or Right if what they are saying true. And the woman listed quite a few examples in different school, not just one. And this is just one video among hundreds, if not thousands.

MilaHot likes this.
  12. buffyfan

I question any source that identifies as "Conservative Think Tank" or "Liberal Think Tank" until I find sources who verify it without espousing "one side think tank".

History should be taught as it happened. Tulsa? Happened because the White population was mad that the Black Population was doing well. Does that make Whites bad now? No. Should we pretend that THOSE Whites were not? Also no. Teach what happened without bias to say "all whites are bad" or "Protect American Exceptionalism". Bad things happened. Blaming the people who did it (example John in 1921 not John IV in 2022) is not teaching blame.

My real pet peeve is that we really do teach [edit] that the Pilgrims came here for Religious Freedom for all. They did not. History shows they were religious zealots. They tortured a pacifistic sect (Quakers). They accused anyone who did not conform to their Puritan of being witches. But we teach the sponges "Freedom for all". And MAYBE correct it at older ages. I am, to be clear, saying maybe we don't need to teach American History [edit] onlt to those who can handle the whole picture.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2022
    Dane likes this.
  13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree, but the problem will still arise, each side will want to teach "their" correct version.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2022
  14. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Saying "all cops are bad" or "racism is a white man thing" is the same as saying "slavery was only european". Its not only false but its stupid.
    just for slavery, the Europeans were not capturing africans. It was africans capturing africans and selling them to Europeans. So it was not a White Man thing. Also, European slavery lasted 3-4 centuries. Arabic slavery lasted 1200 years and still is a thing today, in more than one way.
    But racialized people often like to victimize themselves (i am Native American from my mom's side, i've seen many native americans doing it to get something.) But the thing is, even among natives there were slavez: the Panis.
    So White Man is not the Evil human. Slavery is a Human thing. Hell, the word slave come from Slav, a whote people that was enslaved by far longer than any other nation ever was.
    We need to stop saying " its the White fault" and EVERY colour needs to admit they All had a part in it. Glorious or not, that is a fact.

Dane likes this.
  15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  18. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Neo, do you have the link for the rest of that?

20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Neo, I know I don't speak just for myself.

We all appreciate the time you put in finding and posting these videos!

They (you), reallly lets those who will listen what is truly happening with the liberals and
    their agenda to destroy all western form of government that is based in morality and truth.

Just one big THANKS!!!

Neophyte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.