1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What is Critical Race Theory

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caligula01

Caligula01 Account Deleted

Having done a whole module on this on my masters, submitted an essay on it of 5000 words and scoring 91. I can safely say I still don’t understand it.

2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You fail to state the obvious fact when you wrote "There is a significantly higher correlation to them siding with the Republicans than the Democrats."
    is that 90% of the people of color are Democratic party affiliated.
    The Pro-Nazi and the White Supremist are both Pro-Anglo-Saxon and anti-everyone else.
    Republican party consists mainly of WASPs.

So of course their siding with the Republican party is much higher.
    That is simple deduction.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  3. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

@Dane - thank you for pointing that out. It encourages further discussion in this thread...and that is a very good thing, IMHO.

The Far Right (relatively nebulously defined but generally accepted as a particular segment of Right wing politics) the far right has been highly successful in leveraging their politics to become mainstreamed by the larger Republican party, which can be seen, IMHO, in the 2016 election of Donald Trump, who was the perfect pawn to put a stranglehold on anyone in the Republican party who dared to disagree.

So of course POC (dislike that term, personally) will side with the one party that values them as people.

My point in my post, which was not as clear and concise as it should have been, was that the Republican party has become the party that not only allows the Far Right to have a voice, but gives them a bullhorn and a box to stand on, so of course POC will align themselves with the Democrats.

------
    Here is a study from the Journal of Political Ideologies:

The far right, the mainstream and mainstreaming: towards a heuristic framework

By: Katy Brown, Aurelien Mondon & Aaron Winter
    Published online: 05 Jul 2021

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13569317.2021.1949829

-----

Here is an article from PEW Research on the make up of the two major US political parties: Democrats and Republicans, I think you will find interesting.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ace-and-ethnicity-age-education-and-religion/

Here is the section about race/ethnicity:

Non-Hispanic White Americans make up the largest share of registered voters in the U.S., at 69% of the total as of 2019. Hispanic and Black registered voters each account for 11% of the total, while those from other racial or ethnic backgrounds account for the remainder (8%).
    White voters account for a diminished share of registered voters than in the past, declining from 85% in 1996 to 69% ahead of this year’s election. This change has unfolded in both parties, but White voters have consistently accounted for a much larger share of Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters than of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters (81% vs. 59% as of 2019).
    The racial and ethnic composition of the electorate looks very different nationally than in several key battleground states, according to a Center analysis of 2018 data based on eligible voters – that is, U.S. citizens ages 18 and older, regardless of whether or not they were registered to vote.
    White Americans accounted for 67% of eligible voters nationally in 2018, but they represented a much larger share in several key battlegrounds in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, including Wisconsin (86%), Ohio (82%), Pennsylvania (81%) and Michigan (79%). The reverse was true in some battleground states in the West and South. For example, the White share of eligible voters was below the national average in Nevada (58%), Florida (61%) and Arizona (63%). You can see racial and ethnic breakdown of eligible voters in all 50 states – and how it changed between 2000 and 2018

----

Let's keep up the discussion

Cheers from a cold and sunny Seattle

Lian and Dane like this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The main reason a Red Wave did not happen is because too many Republicans didn't get off their butts and vote.
    I wonder what % of registered voters can be addressed by party affiliation and reported what % of those voted?

The one thing I totally disagree with in that link you supplied "tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13569317.2021.1949829"
    is that once again, the left MSM is calling everyone who voted for TRUMP IN 2016 Far Right. That is left wing, liberal
    skewed bias and slander.

There are a lot less Far Right people than there are Far Left.
    The majority of 2016 Trump voters were not Far anything. And that will show if he runs again.
    The majority of Trump voters in 2016 (in my projection) will NOT back him in the primaries again.

Yes the Far Right will back Trump again, but a backing of DeSantis, and (I hope) Ted Cruz will be done by
    the majority of Republicans. Trump helped get more Dem Senators in office way better than any other Dem did.
    If he would have kept his big mouth shut and let the candidates speak for themselves, I think the Red Wave
    may actually have happened.

5. Daddy's Home

Hi @Dane

Nice response,

I don't agree that the left MSM lumping all 2016 Trump voters as Far Right would be slander. I also think you are using a broad brush as well in your response.

I know I have been guilty of that myself, though I do think we both try not to.

They hype of the Red Wave definitely played a part.

Lian and Dane like this.
  6. Lian

Lian Friendly One

I don't care to know why there was no Red Wave, I am just happy there was none.
    We don't need the Far Right to take control in USA, after all. Bad for USA, and bad for the world

Daddy's Home likes this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

We don't need "Far" anything in the White house. But that is what we have.

8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Dane likes this.
  9. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That video shows exactly how stupid the Woke crowd is.

From her stating the lecturer said Christianity is racist because it started in Europe, it proved these Woke people
    just make things up.

Like the black guy in Dr. Phil saying the phrase in real estate "Master Bedroom" must be changed to
    "Primary Bedroom" because it came from time of slavery and the slave owner's bedroom was call the
    Master's Bedroom.

100% FALSE!

The term "Master Bedroom" was coined circa 1922 in the real estate market to depict the Homeowner's Bedroom.

These people will just plain lie about anything to try to get someone to believe their viewpoint.

Neophyte likes this.
  11. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  12. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That first speaker for the House Oversite Committee has gone full blown Woke.

How can someone who can't distinguish the difference between Math and Social Studies be put on a panel with that much pull.

Neophyte likes this.
  14. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

The post mortem in AZ is in. Lake did not lose because people did not vote. Lake lost because she was a shitty candidate. Rs voted down R and either left Gov blank, wrote in another name, or in the case of 14k in Maracopa? Voted D on Governor and R the rest of the way down. Same happened in PA. Gov and Sen blank or R down the rest and Shapiro and Fetterman above. The Red Wave did not happen because Rs put up shitty candidates. Lake, Oz, Mastriano, Masters (weaker, not horrible), and their KING OF KINGS in WALKER. They were under the impression that ULTRA MAGA candiates would win General elections. And they were wrong. Rs would have a 2-3 seat advantage in the Senate and 20 or so more seats in the House of they laid off the ULTRA MAGA candidates and didnt listen to the Media BS that "Everyone was over Abortion!" (exit polls on election day begged to differ) and "ONLY CARED ABOUT INFLATION AND NOTHING ELSE!" (polled at around the same as Abortion that day).

15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Nothing gets people out to vote than being against something. Being "for" something is usually met with talk not action.

Dems put in Biden. It wasn't because Biden would be a good president- it's because they were 'against' Trump.

Dems put in Govs, not because the are good Govs (Newson, Lightfoot examples) it was because they were 'against' over-turn of Roe v Wade.

16. Neophyte

Lori Lightfoot is a mayor, you might have meant JB Pritzker (Governor of Illinois), or more likely Gretchen Whitmer (Governor of Indiana).
    The Democrats put forth candidates for their loyalty to the Party and the Parties Policies, rather than their qualifications to do the job (i.e. Joe Biden). Anything that will further the power of the Party is acceptable, even if it's illegal, unethical, deceitful, or detrimental for the people. There is no Honor among the Democrat Elites. A Democrat will lie to your face while at the same time, stabbing you in the back.

Dane likes this.
  17. Neophyte

18. Neophyte

19. Daddy's Home

OMG!
    This has got to be a joke...right? There is a teensie bit of recent history you seem to have forgotten. I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with Ronald Chump.

He demands absolute loyalty to HIM. He became ubiquitous with the Republican Party..

He filled open positions with people who completely sucked up to him, qualifications never made the top ten list of reasons to fill the position.

Lian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.