1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Movies I'm looking forward too.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neophyte, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Neophyte

3. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Like I said Toby was ok but I want to see a real bad ass batman. Toby did not have that persona. I mean I want to see one that kicks ass and takes names and still be a good guy.

Neophyte likes this.
  4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

I thought that Captain America was out of line when he dropped the boarding tunnel on top of Spider-man. He had just met him and didn't know whether Spider-man would live through that. I don't think that Captain America could have caught the tunnel with just his hands. I also like the scene where Bucky punch at Spider-man and he caught the fist and admired that he had a metal arm, sort of gave you a comparison on the difference in their strength. The only advantage Capt and Bucky had was that Spider-man was young and wasn't as experienced in fighting skills.

6. Neophyte

Howard the Duck, while very humorous is quite a bad ass in the comics. He's a rough speaking, cigar smoking take no prisoners type of character. The movie was nothing like what he should have been portrayed as. Think of Bruce Willis in "Die Hard" with feathers.

Zarp likes this.
  7. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Agreed, the movie is what I objected to lol. When they go to make a movie from comic's or books they tend to toss out everything that has been written for years and do their own thing. Sadly the only way I can enjoy most of the comic book movies is get myself in the mindset of, ok this is a movie enjoy it for what it is and try not to think of the comic you read for thirty years. The best "worst" example of this has to be the last x-men movie. I mean when did mystique EVER leas the x-men, also Cyclops is the OLDER brother of havoc lol. They just went so far outside of actual story that I wasn't even interested in watching it.

Neophyte likes this.
  8. Neophyte

Actually Mystique did lead the X-men for a while, but she was in disguise. Professor X was away in the Shi'ar Empire and Mystique took over without anyone knowing. There was a period in the comics when Prof X could walk again, but this was Mystique. Magneto and Emma Frost(White Queen) has lead the X-men too.

I always thought one of the worst translation from book to movie was "Starship Troopers". The movies were totally different from the book. And Disney's retelling of some of their fairy tales, not even close.

Zarp likes this.
  9. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

I totally agree about Starship Troopers. They made an entire movie based loosely on about two chapters of the book. The x-men stuff you are talking about mist have came after the siege perilous event. I stopped reading comics mostly after that. I hated the whole storyline and change of histories of the characters I loved to read.

Neophyte likes this.
  10. Neophyte

I just remembered a really bad adaptation from book to movie that is "Beast Master". The movie was sword and sorcery theme where the book was starships and lasers, I would say a little different.

11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

One thing I liked about the first Starship Troopers was the girl who was the pilot, she was friggen HOT ;):D

I'm not good at remembering names but her face and body, OMG!!!!!!

12. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

That would be Denise Richards of Wildthings fame.

Neophyte likes this.
  13. Neophyte

Her name is Denise Richards. I believe she was in "The World is not Enough" and was married to Charlie Sheen.

allison17 likes this.
  14. valentinebunny

valentinebunny Daddy's Little Bunny

You don't know Captain America very well. ;D

Cap is a super soldier, his "power" perse' is super strength, a healing factor, AND....super senses. Cap is tactically aware of all that surrounds him. In the few moments of fighting with spidey, i submit to you, that Cap was able to ascertain this new combatant CLEARLY is much much stronger than almost anyone else he's encountered, but he also can tell from the voice and lack of experience that he's dealing with a kid. So, Cap most likely concluded that this will certainly not hurt this guy, he'll be able to withstand it, but he also clearly has super human focus and awareness so he'll most likely catch it in some way, and being a kid, he'll most likely be concerned with salvaging the wreckage, causing as little harm as possible. There's a reason Cap is the leader of the Avengers, despite the fact that he's not an original member, and that Iron Man is largely responsible for holding the team together. It's because Cap is capable of making these split second decisions better than almost anyone in the Marvel universe, with the exception of Daredevil, Hawkeye, Deadpool, and a few others.

What many people don't realize about Spiderman is that he is otherworldly-powerful. He's stronger than MOST other marvel heroes and villains. There are very few characters in the Marvel Universe that are physically STRONGER than spidey. As you saw, he can palm Winter Soldier's metal arm with ease. In order to find someone physically stronger than Spiderman you have to get into the leagues of say...Thor, Venom, Hulk, Titanium Man, Luke Cage, etc. That higher echelon of characters. In fact, i think the only characters that are actually stronger than spiderman participating in that big-ass fight are Vision and Ant-Man.

The more you know ^_^

longing4sis, Neophyte and Zarp like this.
  15. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Personally I think they have gone a bit overboard with the feats of cap's strength in the movies. I never remember him as being that strong. From all descriptions of his powers in the comics he is only slightly stronger than human strength which is no where near the level they have him in the movies.

By the way VB, I hope you take this as the compliment I mean it as but it is damned sexy to find a knowledgeable woman versed in comics!

longing4sis, allison17 and Neophyte like this.
  16. Neophyte

I submit to your logic. Yes Capt could very well determine spidey's capabilities in the short time they fought. I agree with most of your list except for Luke Cage. If you check, there is an issue where JJJ hired Luke to take out spidey and spidey taught Luke a good lesson. You must be a very good comic fan to know Titanium Man, hear hear. I suggest you find a copy of Spider-man versus Firelord if you haven't already read it, for a true measure of spidey's strength.

17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I agree with you on that one, I thought most of his power was what he could do with his shield.

Zarp likes this.
  18. valentinebunny

valentinebunny Daddy's Little Bunny

Ohhh thats right, that DID happen, didnt it? Good call, youre right. I forgot all about that

Neophyte likes this.
  19. Neophyte

allison17 and Zarp like this.
  20. Neophyte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.