1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Movies I'm looking forward too.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neophyte, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Neophyte

3. Neophyte

4. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Ok, just going to be honest here. There are way to many remakes of really good movies and from what I have seen the remakes have been shit. Why on earth would they think they could make a new magnificent seven as good or better than the first?

5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

Talking to some of my friends, they agree with you. They think that some movies were great when they were first made and should not be redone, with "The Magnificent Seven" with Yul Brenner, being one of them, even though his version of the movie was a remake too.

Akbloke and allison17 like this.
  7. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Agreed it was, but of what it was a Japanese samurai movie but it is hard to compare the two because I have never seem the original lol. Oddly enough westworld was yet another Yul Brenner movie lol.

allison17 and Neophyte like this.
  8. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I have been waiting on a remake of the "dirty dozen" it had a star filled cast. I doubt they could make one to stand up against the 1st one but it would be interesting.

Akbloke and Neophyte like this.
  9. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

They will probably think that they can get away with a re-make of it sometime soon Allison because of how long ago the original one came out and the fact that so many folks who go to see movies today are young and may not have heard of or seen the original, and so therefore will think that the re-make is an "Original". The re-make may have better C-G's and photography because of today's technology, but it still will not have that sense of perfection the real original does. Perhaps it is because of the Original Stars?

allison17 likes this.
  10. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

That could be. Ive seen quite a few older movies with Lee Marvin in them. I though he was a great actor not to mention all the other stars in it. :)

11. Neophyte

For nostalgia sake

allison17 likes this.
  12. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

By the way who was the black man that was part of the dozen? I have been thinking about that for a while and can't remember.

13. Neophyte

The actors name is Jim Brown. He is named towards the end of the trailer. He was a famous Football player who transitioned into acting. He has done many note worthy movies like, The Running Man, Ice Station Zebra, Any Given Sunday, Small Soldiers.

allison17 likes this.
  14. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thank you I could remember but I couldn't if that makes any sense at all? But now I recall seeing replays from his playing days on espn at times. He was a running back wasn't he?

15. Neophyte

I believe you are right. I'm not completely familiar with his career, I just know that he played football. I'm not a sports expert.

allison17 likes this.
  16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

18. Neophyte

19. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

What about the Magnificent 7, Didn't that come out before the Dirty dozen? So your point kinda has me confused.

M7 came out in the 60's is that not correct?

20. Neophyte

"The Magnificent Seven" came out in 1960 and "The Dirty Dozen" came out in 1967. Its possible that they haven't been able to get a cast together that could be a match for the original. I would say there were 15 or more major stars in that movie and a few who would become big stars.

allison17 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.