1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

California needs a enema.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Amanda, Jan 3, 2018.

1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

On top of that, I have not seen in a modern election any proof of widespread fraud that holds up in a court where the Judge is not twisting to say "it must be true". Looking at you PA. And the Judge that, in a GOD DAMNED RULING, wrote something like "While no real proof was shown HERE? I KNOW in my HEART AND SOUL it exists!". Said judge was told by the appeals division (because he was elected and playing to a BASE) that he had TWO choices. HE "hears" it again and rules on WHAT WAS PRESENTED, not "what I know MUST be true". Or? They will reverse it. Then remove him. He complied. Then the Administrative Judge in charge of that area of PA unseated him anyway. Because "he could not be trusted to rule according to facts anymore".

I hear cases like "Checkmate PROVES it!". I have seen Checkmate data looked at by people who are not that founder and his workers. It eliminates middle names. And makes WIDE assumptions about how someone who lived in MD named John Michaels and the same combo in CA may be the same person. There ARE two people with that name in 2 different places who voted!

The best though is the "Well more people than usual voted in this district! Must have bused people in!" or the PA claims in 2012 where Obama won an almost eniterly BLACK district with a statistical 100. Because? "Well. The state landed at 60/40. That is suspicious that Romney didnt get at least 30 points in that place too!".

Jumpit and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I agree!

Amanda likes this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I agree!

Amanda likes this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Now that is funny!

Amanda likes this.
  5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

This could be technically true, however it's a bit misleading.
    California has been issuing driver's licenses to illegals for about two years.
    The total number of licenses issued to illegals is slightly less than one million.

There was a temporary, large, surge of license applications.
    It's possible that for a few months that half of them were for illegals.

There are over 26 million licensed drivers in California.
    That's about 10% of all licenses issued in the USA.

Amanda likes this.
  6. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

thank you all for your reply's:)

TriadSibling likes this.
  7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

The problem with issuing Driver's Licences to illegals is that in the U.S. a drivers licence is used as identification for a variety of things including things reserved for citizens. Some of the things are voting, getting welfare and Social Security, purchasing property, since most people don't have or carry passports, driver's licences are used as proof of citizenship. Also, as you probably know a person can have a driver's licence for maybe 50 or 60 years, so issuing 1 million licences to illegals in two years can translate to 30 million over a life time.

Amanda likes this.
  8. Amanda

Amanda Account Deleted

:)

9. buffyfan

Well there is a simple check to fraud. It does not go well with "TAXES MUST FALL!". Staffing issues are the real cause of why we can not get fraud down to almost none. Staffing in that there are multiple supervisors that are not needed. Also. Hiring people willing to work for the LEAST possible does not get the best. A Forensic Accountant will not work for 25k because "We need to cut budgets!".

Amanda likes this.
  10. Neophyte

We don't need a thousand lawyers in the EPA, harassing people because they want to cut down the grass and shrubs on their property. And the lawyers make a hell of a lot more than 25k a year. I heard that the average salary of a bureaucrat in Washington DC is between 100k to 200k per year, plus expenses and perks.

11. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

I've heard much the same, and I have to wonder, how much better would the working class fare if the government workers earned what everyone else has to. I guarantee there'd be a better economy, better job options, better benefits, because they couldn't stand to live like the working class have to, and to be taxed to death while paying off a mortgage, being in debt up to their foreheads because it's impossible to live these days without getting loans, and going into debt, thus adding to the deficit that everyone likes to complain about. Honestly, I think all these government job-holders should have to take a paycut to a normal level, at the very least then, the money not being spent on all that nonsense would be available for real problems.

villager, Amanda and Neophyte like this.
  12. buffyfan

My point still stands. To find fraud? You dont use "Joe off the street looking for work so he will work cheap!". You hire pros. You hire a Forensic Firm. But again. They will not work for Min Wage. You can cut the number of employed, but not the budget. We need to get off of this "For the CHEAPEST WE CAN!" to a "The cheapest we can with people from the field.".

oldman681 and Amanda like this.
  13. Neophyte

The quickest way to clean up Washington is to bust all the unions there.

14. Janet

Janet Trusted.Member

Almost 40 million people packed into California, what can you expect?

Amanda likes this.
  15. buffyfan

You realize 100% of Welfare Fraud and Welfare payments are fully in the State hands right? Washington has little control.

16. Neophyte

What does welfare fraud have to do with unions in Washington?

17. buffyfan

We are having 2 different conversations then.

I agree to a point. If we get rid of public unions though, ALL of them. No "all public employee unions. Except Fire and Police."

Amanda likes this.
  18. buffyfan

Unions in Washington are lobbying group. If you want that lobby gone, we have to get rid of all of them. Like the previous response. It can not be "except the ones I like".

19. Neophyte

I did not specify any particular unions to disband. I've read about the early days of the industrial revolution and agree that something was needed back then to improve working conditions and champion worker rights. But as in many other institutions, the unions went from solving the problem to becoming the problem. In order to clean up Washington people need to be held accountable and responsible for their actions and performance. In a limited way, the politicians can be voted out, but some reform needs to be implemented on this. But the bureaucrats, administrators and staff are being defended by the unions, no matter how poorly or incompetently they do their jobs. The unions seem to resist change and want to maintain the status quo. There are several other things that need to be done to clean up the mess of government, but cleaning up the unions I think is the place to start.

20. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

You make a valid point, Neo, unfortunately, the process needed to disband such a system, is controlled by the very people who benefit from said system. They're not going to give up that benefit, and it doesn't matter what the people want; they're in control, and they can arrange to keep it that way.

Amanda likes this.