1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Travesty of Justice

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

If you think an incidence of injustice has occurred, post it here.

VeryStable likes this.
  2. Neophyte

3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

4. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

5. Neophyte

In the United Kingdom, in the past two year, nearly 900 sex offenders were released, if they apologized to their victims. If they complied, no charges or penalties were levied. And the sex offenders police records were cleared.

https //www thesun.co.uk/news/18287591/child-rapists-escape-punishment-apologise/

6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

A world now gone liberal is a world now gone fully mad.

7. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Was the clerk convicted? You shoot someone? You get charged. NYC and NYS does not have a "stand your ground" law. Unless the clerk was under threat of ACTUAL death, meaning the robber was doing more than threatening violence if he does not turn over the money? Not just threat of the store being robbed? It may not be self defense. That is why most owners in NY tell you "Hand over the money. Dont be a hero.".

8. buffyfan

The UK is ruled by a pretty conservative Parl. at the moment.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Problem is, search sites like theync. com, it is full of videos where the clerk was compliant , handed over the money, and then was
    shot dead so as to have no winesses.

I'd rather take my chances by handing over the money and at the same time pulling my firearm.
    Robber will be looking at the money....

Cuckperv likes this.
  10. buffyfan

They law states what it states. It is not self defense to shoot before he even threatens you, just in case. Most of the self defense laws in NYS and NYC dont read "Feels threatened in that exact moment". Because they are not SYG. Want to prevent that? Owners can put in bank glass. I know of about 15 7-11s that did that because they are middle of nowhere. So police response is 15-20 min. So the guy is LONG GONE on a silent alarm.

But here is reality. like 65% of charges (indictments) end up falling before trial. If you shoot someone in NY? You will be initially arrested? If your action technically fails the parameters of the law? You will likely be charged. Then a semi senior DA will look it over and many times just say "You know, this is iffy at best. Offer a plea of unsafe discharge of weapon. Suspended sentence, suspended probation, sealed unless they do something at another time.". Or sometimes (15-20 personally)? Straight up drop the charges. But "It happened Wed in that store where someone was killed so there were not witnesses" is technically not "Self Defense" until they turn back on you. The law is the law. Can someone ignore the no exception, felony law in some states for Abortion because they "heard someone had similar complications and died. So I got one because of that?".

While on that? I heard a great case this week. Woman in TX? Is fighting a ticket because TX law defines her 27 week fetus as a "life". So there was a second person in the car. Therefore she did not violate the HOV rules. There WERE two humans in the car.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  11. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

12. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

On the first part of your post.

I'd rather be alive and charged, and take my chances with a plea or jury, than dead and "innocent" because of stupid state laws.

On the second part.

I saw that on the news yesterday. "the deputy told her the rule requires "two persons or people outside the body" to be in the vehicle." (CBS)

I think someone who is pregnant should be counted as two people.
    #1, I believe it is 2 people.
    #2 why not make things less stressful for pregnant ladies by reducing traffic stress? It is healthier for both mon and child.

Cuckperv likes this.
  15. Neophyte

I believe the clerk was arrested, but I don't know if he was convicted. Though I believe the bodega owner who stabbed the robber, that was beating him, was convicted.

Cuckperv likes this.
  16. buffyfan

I doubt the clerk was convicted. Even in most SYG states? You are initially arrested.

17. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  18. buffyfan

I think he said the judge's entire discipline was "Try harder next time. Mistakes happen though.".

19. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  20. buffyfan

And to follow up? That judge I posted about? Did that ELEVEN OTHER TIMES! And her entire discipline was a public statement of "Bad Judge! Try harder!" and a FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE. She, and the police, effectively stole from someone because SHE, the judge, declared wherever she is? Is her COURT ROOM now. She threatened on video to arrest him for contempt unless he let them in. Threatened and seized his phone because his PRIVATE PROPERTY now fell under the Family Court rules and Family Court can not be taped (audio or video). Thank GOD that the bailiff knew he had to play CMA. Or else he would likely have been the sacrificial lamb here when shit hit the fan. So the bailiff taped it all after the homeowner's phone was taken.

Dane likes this.