1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trans in women's sports, is it fair?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Timbo101

Timbo101 Trusted.Member

How many trans men compete in men's sports?
    None, because they know that they have no hope of winning against biological males!
    Always the other way round because the trans women know they have an advantage over biological females!!

DanielaK, Mirabell and Lian like this.
  2. The Thorn Within

The Thorn Within Account Deleted

NO! It is NOT fair. I support Riley Gaines (Barker).

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Account Deleted

They need to have 1 Olympics where there is NO GENDER....
    100m sprints.... Shotput... Tennis..... EVERYTHING!!! No gender, just qualies etc.
    Im 100% sure that ALL finals will be males only.
    After that i think the debate will be a mute topic lol

They should have "Males, Females and at push, another Cat for everything else.

Lian likes this.
  4. Shaunjacobs

Shaunjacobs Trusted Member

It’s not fair at all!

5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Allowing Trans-women to compete in Women's Sports is throwing the entire world into turmoil trying to placate 0.0003 percent of the population. In essence you discriminate against 50% of the population to pander to 0.0003% of the population.

Lolimsa, Timbo101, Lian and 1 other person like this.
  6. tasha351

tasha351 Lesbian trusted member

Not fair at all

Jumpit, Lian and Rubber duck 2 like this.
  7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

A very nice summation, that's exactly what it comes down to.

8. Jumpit

Jumpit Trusted Member

Even with long term HRT, biological males , on average, still have a 10%-12% competitive advantage over female athletes according to studies if I remember correctly.

In addition, why isn't the reverse true? Why don't we see women who transition to being men competing at the same levels as biological men if hormone replacement therapy erases differences in gender?

Neophyte and Lian like this.
  9. Jjaymo112

Jjaymo112 Trusted Member

My short onest opinion would be to give them a category of there own were men would have the chance to join in and if the trans participant wins they get bragging rights. Seems like a win win to me.

10. Neophyte

Why is the Trans Community so adamant on getting officially recognized in Women's Sport. It isn't about playing sports, though an individual may want to play a sport where they are most likely to win. In competitive sports there are two categories by sex or gender, there is women's sports and then there is everyone else's sports. In almost all sports designated as Men's Sports, there is no rule or regulation that says the person competing must be a male or man. Trans-men and trans-women can tryout and compete in Men's Sports without violating any rule opposing it. So why compete in Women's Sports. It's for official recognition. If a trans-woman is allowed to legitimately compete in a women's sport, they are getting official recognition that they are women. If they can claim official recognition, they can use the recognition to get other rights and privileges that they would not normally receive. Individually a trans-person is trying to game the System. Collectively they are trying subvert Society. This shows how psychotic they are because they are fighting to recognize specific differences and eliminate specific differences at the same time. If its advantages for them to highlight a difference they argue that way and if its advantages for them to rebuke the exact same difference, they will argue that way. The side that they will argue for is all dependent on which side will give them the greatest advantage, there is no ethical reason involved.

Mirabell and scumbag101 like this.
  11. cameleon23

cameleon23 Trusted Member

For me its simple, if trans people can change their gender category in sport then they should just let everybody compete together without genders category

12. UpNorthChris

UpNorthChris Trusted Member

Possibly slightly off topic, but for the sake of clarification for future readers I'm going to correct a statement you made in a previous post (as both a physician and an A&P professor). You stated: and there are women with a Y chromosome. (occasionally with either klinefelter syndrome and turner syndrome). When there are failures of meiosis during gamete development, it's possible to have 2 or 0 copies of an allele instead of the usual 1 - making the total either 1 (a monosomy) or 3 (a trisomy) at fertilization. When this happens with the 23rd pair (the sex chromosomes) it's possible to end up with only the X (X0 - Turner's) or 2 X (XXY - Kleinfelter's) or (XXX - Triple X). The specific driving factor for male differentiation is a region on the Y known as the SRY (sex determining region of the Y). Without this present, the same embryological tissues that would become testes had this been present become ovaries instead. So, because this is absent in Turner's, there is no such thing as a biological male with Turner's, and because this is present in Kleinfelter's, there is no such thing as a biological female with Kleinfelter's. There are physiological differences commonly related to these conditions, and you're free to read about them using the following links. By the way, if you're wondering why there is no condition related to a Y monosomy, it's because the size of an allele is related to the amount of genetic coding it carries. The Y is the smallest because it's carrying the least information, and without the information carried in the much larger X, the zygote/embryo/fetus isn't viable.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/turner-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20360782
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/klinefelter-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353949
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/triple-x-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20350977

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  13. MV789

MV789 Trusted Member

The actual truth is nobody really knows if its fair or not, this is all new ground and this argument is going to go around in circles until enough data can be gathered and analysed to make a decisive conclusion... so where do you compromise?... neither side is willing to do so but may i suggest my idea is to create a trans governing board/body for all individual sports (team sports different kettle of fish), for the next five years you allow trans women to compete in their own divisions, collecting constant data over this period where you analyse the top biological female performance records and compare that data with trans female performances in all categories and competitions... after doing this you have clear data to tell whether its fair or not, if the difference in performance levels is marginal then there's no reason not to merge the divisions but if indeed the data shows massive disparity then it would show the "its unfair" crowd were right...

Team sports completely different, you could have a rule like they used to have in European soccer with the foreigners rule where you could only field a certain number of foreign born players on a team, the rest had to be born in the country your team is from... in soccer 11 players from each team take the field, if you had a rule that you could field up to four trans women max on the field at one time, per team, the other 7 places being reserved for biological females then demographically speaking the percentage of trans women to biological women in these sports this should be ample representation. 2/3rds biological women and 1/3rd trans women on team sports...

but as i said totally different for individual sports as it seems like a no brainer to me that extensive data needs to be collected before fully allowing it, athletics boards could definitely create spaces for trans women but they would have to understand that data needs to be collected and analysed for the next few years before they can be fully integrated into female sports... this should be a happy compromise for now to finally get this argument out of the way and we can move on because its like a wheel, just keeps going round and round...

14. Fuzzter

Fuzzter Trusted Member

No, they should never be allowed. They are stronger than most women.

Lian likes this.
  15. incestlover24

incestlover24 Trusted Member

No. While some sports arnt physical any physical sport should have a separator male or female team so that the competition is fair and enjoyable for both genders.

Lian likes this.
  16. phantom1025

phantom1025 Trusted Member

just a thought on this.. I remember many stories of how some girl played on the male football team in the US... as there is no female football team. This was a big deal and viewed as a positive. I wonder what is the real value of not having a uni-sex sport events ( female/male all welcome) given the concerns of trans women in sports? All the talk that we are all equal in everything.. seems that would help as competing in such an event would help give some perspective.

17. Neophyte

I don't believe there is a rule that forbids women from playing in the NFL, it's just that any woman needs to beat thousands of men to get a spot to play.

Lian likes this.
  18. phantom1025

I am not sure about NFL, I just know I have see this is high school sports. I get why we people have issue trans-women in a female competitive sports. There are a lot of questions about this and I don't disagree with them. I do however this that if people will make a large stink about allowing a trans-person to be in the sport with the gender they identify with we might need to have a third inclusive group to all both side to compete with each other. There is nothing wrong with letting everyone participate, The question to some degree is how we do this

19. Neophyte

Its not just the NFL, the MLB, NBA, and the NHL have no rule saying only men can compete. But they only accept the best of the best to join their teams. There are hundreds of thousands of the best male athletes trying out for about two thousand positions for the NFL. Can any woman place in the top two thousand of men in the entire country. If you look at a Pareto graph of men and women athletes you will see that the men's graph is wider more spread out where as the women's graph is narrower more clustered around the median. This means that the further you go towards the extremes the ratio of men to women become larger. So in the middle the ratio could be 1 to 1 men to women, but the more you go to the extremes it goes to 10 to 1, 100 to 1, 1,000 to 1, so on till at the very end it could be 1,000,000 to 1 men to women. This is true at both ends of the graph so at the strongest its thousands of men to one women, and at the weakest it's thousands of men to one women.

20. phantom1025

Is that true of the NBA... what have a WNBA then? I agree with what you are saying... a lot of this is about ignoring biology to make use feel better about us a people. The main theme of my comments are that people like to play sports and having something people can relate to is good. Is it profitable, or cost effective?? well that is different.