1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Maritime Mass Murder

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Apr 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

A terrible thing has happened today, to a beautiful part of our Country.

" RCMP say 17 people are dead, including one of their officers, after a man who at one point wore a police uniform and drove a mock-up cruiser went on a rampage across northern Nova Scotia in one of the deadliest killing sprees in Canadian history. "

The suspect, Gabriel Wortman, was heavily armed. He drove a police car for a period of time, but afterwards swapped to an SUV. Wortman was eventually killed in a shootout outside a gas station.

Not much else is known at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  2. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Nova Scotia is my second home. I did half of my growing up there..
    Those people who were murdered could easily have been my Grandparents.
    I went to work today, but I had to come home, I just couldn't function.
    I can't believe it.

3. Edinburgh Scot

Edinburgh Scot Trusted Member

Terrible thing to happen Insp Gadget. My thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by this.

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

And even more horrific when one of those killed in the line of duty helping to protect the community was a beautiful young mother, who I'm quite sure, will be terribly missed. She leaves a husband alone to raise his young family, and he has to find a way to explain to his young ones what happened to their Mummy........and why it happened. I'm also sure that his community will close around him and give him the support that he needs....

I can also never understand what makes people do this sort of thing and just lash out, killing everyone in their sight.......?????

What the hell does it achieve...???

Brutus58, Insp Gadget and Dane like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Here's hoping that the families of Nova Scotia may find peace in their hearts and each other,
    as they strive to make sense of the senseless. ...

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and Akbloke like this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It achieves their want and desire of a sure ticket to hell.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. Insp Gadget

Here's what we know so far of the monster responsible :

Gabriel Wortman was a 51-year-old denture-maker who owned multiple properties in Dartmouth & Portapique, and was once featured in a local Nova Scotia news story about his work as a denturist. His family name is neither new nor scottish, and is presently being properly traced.

Wortman graduated from New Brunswick’s Riverview High School in 1986 - his yearbook noted that he was aspiring to become an RCMP officer.

He had purchased ex-police vehicles at auctions. Official cruiser decals are free for the asking on the internet. His uniform was real, not fake as reported in fake news - I'd bet that he'd earlier handed out some $8,000 distancing fines.

Court records show that Wortman was convicted, but conditionally discharged, over a 2001 assault, which led him to be tasked with reporting to a probation officer for nine months. He was required not to own, possess or carry a weapon, ammunition, or explosive substance.

At least one of the illegal weapons he used was a bump-stock rifle - well on the way to automatic.

Wortman was required to attend for counselling in anger management as directed by his probation officer. He is also listed as being convicted in Truro provincial court for speeding, with a court date set for Aug. 21, 2020.

Wortman murdered his ex-wife and her new boyfriend first, then proceeded from there.

He was reported as having been shot at a gas station, and to have later died in police custody. Quite possibly his sentencing and execution took place at the police station.

There are many pictures of the scumbag out there, but there won't be one coming here from me.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  8. pussycat

Thank you for your postings Gadget. :(

9. pussycat

One thing I hope comes out of this senseless tragedy would be a thorough re-thinking of using the RCMP as a local police force. Their ineptitude has been demonstrated all too often, and this may, I hope, be the turning point.
    It's long past time for a regional police service, and we should just do it, and sent these idiots packing.

Brutus58, Akbloke and Insp Gadget like this.
  10. Insp Gadget

I have had the opportunity to have many associations with Scouts Canada over the years.

A senior Scouts official sent me this, so I have reason to trust it as being solid :

[​IMG]

11. Insp Gadget

12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

A very terrible thing!!!! I can empathize. I wish I had some words of wisdom to help. I hope you are feeling better now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.