1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Incest In the eyes of americans

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by tybult, Dec 21, 2023.

1. tybult

tybult Trusted Member

Seems okay in some areas how frequent is it across the US

2. Roger Karstens

Roger Karstens Trusted Member

I've talked with somewhere just north of 700 incest couples/participants from around the world, with the majority of them being in the US/Canada, followed by other English speaking locations. I would say that it is one to two percent of the population with most of that being people who had one or two encounters. However, even if you take the number of people with multiple/continuing encounters/relationships and then consider that the US a country of over 200 million adults, then that is well over a million people who have had longer running incest relationsips. That is quite a number of people.

I believe I ran into a dad and daugher the other day. They were a moving crew from the midwest who came to up some stuff from my inlaws who were moving. They said that they had to get back to their hotel room (not generic hotel or rooms) by 2:45 to watch the NCAA womens volleyball championship. I've had to stay at that hotel, they don't have double beds, only queens and kings. (Since I know you will PM an ask..... Yes, she was attractive in a tall former athlete way.)

When it comes to "legal tolleration", I've talked frequently over the years with an individual who host a site supporting less traditional relationships. He and I have both noted that there have been a number of publicized arrest. However; when you go back later an look at the full prosecutory process, charges seem to get quietly dropped unless there is some other present legal issue (drug charges, rape/non consensual, assault). Our hypothesis is that no judge or prosecutor wants to be the person who takes a clean consenting adults case to court, where a judge will have to evaluate the consitutionality of the statute against Lawrence v. Texas standard.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023