1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Corona Virus Holds Hasidic Origins

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Here in Canada, and forecasting future misfortunes, a large orthodox jew community in Quebec has been quarantined.

We are now looking at similar cultural connections to the outbreaks in parts of New York State.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Dane and curiousFred like this.
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It's going to be the same here with all these church pastors holding services spouting " God will protect us".
    The main thing those pastors want to protect is the money coming in.
    A close friend of mine who is a very successful church pastor told me " People don't tithe if they don't attend".

Akbloke, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Indeed, and such pastor is of course promoting the positive - it's what CEO's are supposed to do.

What I'd like to hear is the logistics of how your folks are going to deal realistically with the middle-east insects who populate your decision-makers.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Dane likes this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Seventh Day Adventists are supposed to "tithe" 10% of their GROSS income every year. It's up to the person to decide how to do it. Every paycheck, every month or whatever.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  5. Insp Gadget

The situation in Quebec is that a large Hasidic community, which normally is quite isolated anyway and has its own security force, requested and received further protection from either the municipality or the province.

And now they're pissed off because their freebie hired guns blocked a suspicious shipment from getting inside ! :rolleyes:

Tensions rise at quarantined Hasidic community north of Montreal after food delivery blocked by Police

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/tension...ter-food-delivery-blocked-by-police-1.4886069

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

To inform those in the USA who are not familiar with Hasidic Jewism, imagine a people who like to separate themselves
    from others not like them. Think of the American Dutch Germans, ie. the Amish. But the Hasidic don't restrict themselves
    to primitive living. Think of them that they are Amish while being ok with using any and everything of modern technology.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
    Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

There is an independent evangelical church in the state of Virginia that has a 'bishop' (they're own level of hierarchy defined, he
    founded the church, so his title is self appointed), that is the pastor of the church.

Against all the governor said to not mass congregate, he vowed that the church would never close because " I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus", and vowed to keep the doors open for preaching "unless I’m in jail or the hospital"

He died yesterday of COVID-19.

It doesn't state how many of the members of that church either got sick or even died because of his obstinance and
    arrogance.

Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

My understanding is that there is a frequently travelled corridor connecting areas of Upstate NY with those in Quebec.

And it appears that activity in these areas has fuelled their abnormally high COVID numbers.

Dane likes this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The Governor of Kentucky had the state police write down all the license plate numbers of all who attended
    indoor Easter services.
    The KY local health departments were then ordered to go and lock down those homes in quarantine.

The Gov. said that in the one church, there was a family from New Jersey, a "nationally known virus
    hot spot" who may have infected those in attendance.

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Is
    Kiryas Joel is what you are referring to. I make a truly great living fighting those people.

For those not from NY. These people were a small "community apart" (in their minds). The their new Rabbi that took over recently (1990s) decided they need to constantly expand. What they do is when Grandpa and Grandma sell their house (estate or downsize) and it is close to their current borders? They buy the property. They then, if it is touching the current town border, will petition the county to move that property into their town so they can build apartment buildings. Or if they can get the town to allow it without changing? Even better. They then move in HUNDREDS of Hasidim. Two properties or 3 later? Those small towns are dominated by the Hasidim. They take over the town. Eliminate local property (school portion) taxes because they send to private. Then they defund the local school. Move on. They have expanded something like 18x since 2000. I have a Brother in Law (one of the 4 Senior partners besides me) who runs a 20 person unit that just fights their expansion on behalf of the towns.

11. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

It is not them, so much as their idiotic (just like the evangelicals) thought that "Praying at X time in a SPECIFIC PLACE as a community" is the most important thing. There is a noticeable case on Long Island in areas the normal Orthodox refuse to stop going to temple every time the Ark needs to be opened (that is multiple times a week. At least two week nights. Plus Friday night service. Plus Sat Morning. Sat Afternoon. Sat Night).

whitecoffee1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.