1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Can Trump Cultist Followers be deprogrammed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Apr 29, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Well, the title says it all.
    Anyone here think that the brainwashed cultists be deprogrammed from all the bullshit they were fed up by Trump?
    Every day, we see some lunatics saying "Dems are corrupt, they are pedos, there is proof" yet never show proof. They are so brainwashed they dont even realize they are in a damn Cult.
    Is there any hope left for USA? Or has Trump started an era or disinformation and lies?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  2. tasha351

tasha351 Lesbian trusted member

The only power we have is to vote and get Rid of the lunatics

3. D.C. Barnet

D.C. Barnet Trusted.Member

Thank you for your open mindedness. Great attempt to have a meaningful discussion of the actual issues we face . . .

4. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Are there any lies in what I said?
    No.
    Here, its to talk about a way to help these brainwashed cultists see the truth.

5. D.C. Barnet

D.C. Barnet Trusted.Member

LMAO!

6. Rebecca4mom

Rebecca4mom Moderator Staff Member

I think this is not a forum to discuss rabid theories of politics. We're here to discuss incest, fact or fiction. If your aim is to incite rabid polemics and feed your partricular ideology, take it to Quora or some other website.

This thread will be shut down if it continues to be hateful and inciting to high blood pressure and people throwing hissy fits and rocks.
    Just TAKE IT ELSEWHERE.

Thank you very much.

Mard and D.C. Barnet like this.
  7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Rebecca, I don't disagree with you at all, but we'd have to shut them all down if we did that. :rolleyes:

Lian likes this.
  8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

This is the political section of the forum. So where to talk politics if not here?
    Sorry, but it confuses me.
    We see a LOT of Trumpist propaganda, and it doesnt have moderators threatening to shut them down.
    Is it a double standard?

9. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Members are encouraged to engage in meaningful conversation. Being a smart ass doesn't count.

Lian likes this.
  10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Also, why was my thread threatened to be shut down?
    Trumpist threads here do way worse and nothing happens. Ever. Trumpists are allowed to say ANYTHING here and no problem for them.
    Welp, seems fair

11. Lian

Lian Friendly One

So, to return to THE TOPIC, anyone sees a way to deprogram the MAGAs? They just accept all the lies from Trump and his goons. What to do with people like that?

12. Rebecca4mom

Dear Friends,
    I wrote my note in anger due to the tone in which it was posted. I ask that these discussions be civil, logical, and do not involve ad hominem attacks on anybody. The volume of the hatred being spewed interferes with intelligent debate, which I personally encourage. If you disagree with any particular person, by all means, express your opposition to his/her ideas or positions. Calling for deprogramming of the cultists is frankly hate speech and still unwelcome.

13. Lian

Lian Friendly One

It is your opinion that it is hate speech, but it is not. I do not hate trumpists. I am worried for them. And not all of them are brainwashed cultists, but there are.
    You attacked the thread for no reason. Some pro-Trump threads do WORSE on here, yet you didnt threaten these threads.
    There is a LOT of lies being said here, on the forum, and in the American medias. And many experts around the world do say it is a cult. I was using terms used in my country to describe what we see happening in USA, not because I hate USA, but because I am worried for them.

14. Rebecca4mom

I do not generally read the political threads, so I can't comment on the other content. You're entitled to your own opinions, of course. I know way too many good citizens who feel the current administration is harmful and see Trump as a rational alternative. I'm not going to get into a big debate here. My goal is to keep this place safe for incest discussions and I shouldn't have poked my nose into this, but I still do not see where calling a large segment of the country "cultists" is at all productive or likely to result in reasoned debate.

Mard and D.C. Barnet like this.
  15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

You missed the point, then. My point was on how to help those that believe the lies. Neither from the Dems or the Reps
    My point is that there are a LOT of lies being told, and many Americans dont double check the 'facts'

16. Lolimsa

Lolimsa Moderator Staff Member

Interestingly, both seem to be right :)
    upload_2023-4-29_17-56-58.png
    When someone does harsh critic to another side, in the US, that other side calls it "hate speech". Some people who try to be respectful, like I consider myself, would never speak in that "hateful" tone. But it's also true that the people who do "hate speech" doesn't really hate anyone, he is just expressing his disagreement in a rough and maybe disrespectful tone, but it's not hate :)

I wonder why in other countries there is also disrespectful people, and nobody accuse them with the term "hate speech". I really wonder why.

D.C. Barnet and Lian like this.
  17. Rebecca4mom

If I see somebody calling for the "reeducation of the Progressives" I'll consider that similarly pejorative. Debate an item on its merits and not on your perceptions of the character of others who agree or disagree. I'm asking for reasoned debate, not hate speech or whatever you want to call it. If your issue is strong border protection and you disagree it's important, then tell us why and back it up. Calling people "cultists" is still hate speech, at least in the USA

Mard likes this.
  18. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Ok.
    Fox News admitted they lied. Many times. Yet, people still believe them.
    Trump keeps lying, all the time, and people believe him.
    Trump called for the harrassment if Asians, with HIS hate speech. I had to face racism because of that.

19. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Anyway, TO RETURN TO THE TOPIC now please?
    Can anything be done against the widespread lies in the medias in USA?

20. Lolimsa

Lolimsa Moderator Staff Member

Let me help translating:

"Can Trump Cultist Followers be deprogrammed?"

That means in non-"hate speech":

"Millions of decent people who have been consistently misinformed by corrupt media, could they be introduced to real sources of facts, so they have a better understanding of their country and its politicians?"

You're welcome :)

Rebecca4mom and Lian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.