1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

World War Three

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by pussycat, Feb 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

In the morning hours of February 23rd 2022, Russia invaded the Ukraine.

It has begun.

:(

Incs likes this.
  2. pikeman

pikeman Trusted.Member

The main problem are business relation between Europe and Russia, so it's difficult stop Putin plans, at now.
    Germany and Italy are strictly involved with Russia, not only gas, also banks.
    Total invasion of Ukraine by Russians will not be so easy, and a civil war I think is possible.
    Another problem, how can Nato answer against Putin, if you know every military attack could unleash an attack of Putin everywhere....

Dane likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I said this would happen and why, but no-one believed me. Now, things will get much worse.

4. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

5. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Economic sanctions won't be enough. Putin knew it would happen. If we just put economic sanctions, he'll just continue. Its unfortunate, but... Putin is a tyrant, a war criminal. He needs to be put down, removed from power, before he really starts WW3

orly6666, Incs, Dane and 2 others like this.
  6. Charles Fourier

Charles Fourier Proud incest advocate

Russia is a totalitarian regime today. It was relatively predictable that this kind of thing could happen. I think the key actor for the future of this crisis would be China: if they help with embargo and sanctions, it may work (russian economy is really fragile and dependant of gaz and oil exports); if they choose not to help and even to take advantage of the crisis to make their own violent land claims (Taiwan, Himalayas...), there is a great risk of global escalation.

Incs, Dane and MilaHot like this.
  7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I agree that Asia is the only way to stop the war. Putin doesn't give a fuck about the West, we saw it. But if Japan, China, India and other countries in Asia go against Russia (economic sanctions) it could be what is needed to take Putin down. If things go bad enough, Putin will face a Coup d'État and bye bye.
    The problem is, without Putin, there could be Civil War in Russia. After all, he has ALL the powers in the country, so.. who'd take his place? The oligarchs would fight for that power

orly6666, Incs and Dane like this.
  8. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

It all started when Barak backed down to Putin over the Crimea...and then the Barak backed down again with his "Red Line in the Sand" over ISIS in Syria when Putin sent his military in. And then the US ran away from Afghanistan (all Democrat things - just saying....)....Putin has always wanted to get Russia back to where it was during the Cold War when he was a KGB man....He is refusing to understand that people want a democracy.....

All these happenings are reminisient of Neville Chaimberlain and his "Peace in our Time" in 1938. And we know what happened the next year. Now we have Bad Vlad Hitler.......

I'm glad to see so many nations now standing up to him....but the wider issue also involves China...Putin did have that meeting with Xi when he visited him during the Olympics....and I would love to know what he discussed

Is this the war that Nostradamus predicted...???

Dane likes this.
  9. Charles Fourier

Yeah that's why i called it a totalitarian regime, he has all power, i don't think there would be a coup, but at least without money to pay troups, supplies and weapons an army can't fight.

Dane and MilaHot like this.
  10. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I only ever liked ONE totalitarian regime, and it was the Terran Federation (Starship Troopers). I don't like 'REAL' totalitarian regimes :(
    I do hope that this war will stop quick, before too many people die (even if too many people already died because of it)

Incs and Dane like this.
  11. Valjevac

Valjevac Trusted.Member

I was in war,and all i Can say i feel sorry for people who will lost their love ones:confused:.thats Real tragedy:(

MilaHot, Dane and Djole like this.
  12. Charles Fourier

The worst ridiculous thing is Putin's excuses for the attack: while he has been preparing the attack for months and multiplying the provocations, he dares to claim to be attacked with a false flag operation staged from scratch and an affirmation "they are all Nazis" (the Ukrainian president is moderate and of Jewish origin, the extreme right has less than 5% of the vote and has no political power in Ukraine; the same cannot be said in Russia where Putin and his supporters have themselves far right ideas closed of those of nazis!).

Incs, Akbloke and MilaHot like this.
  13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Tyranny needs to justify why they are in power. A "Good War" will make people stop question Putin, in his country, as its in the interest of the Russians to focus on the war, not on the war crimes.

orly6666, Incs and Charles Fourier like this.
  14. pussycat

I don't know why Neo posted what he did, we all saw it coming, but whatever makes him happy.

If I were China, I'd sit back and watch all hell break loose, do nothing for 2-3 months, and then invade Taiwan.
    And there's fuck all the western world could do about it.

Incs and Dane like this.
  15. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Well, China wants to "look better" to the rest of the world, so maybe they will do nothing or condemn Russia's actions. That would help they work on their international image, after all

Akbloke and Dane like this.
  16. Charles Fourier

They still don't do much to amend their image on the Uygurs case for example: i think pussycat is right here and they are probably thinking of doing something like that.

Akbloke likes this.
  17. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

They would work on their image by doing stuff OUTSIDE of their country, of course. For what's inside, they don't give a eff about what the world think. But helping Ukraine, that would help them A LOT

18. pussycat

If it came down to it, could we (NATO + other aligned western powers) defeat Russia? I think yes, but at a horrible cost.
    Could we defeat China? I would say yes, at probably a higher cost.
    Could we take on Russia and China together? Hell no, and they both know it.
    I think the Russians and the Chinese have had this all worked out between them for a long time. :(

Dane and Djole like this.
  19. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

The West (NATO and all) can defeat Russia and China, simply because Russia and China have different goals and will end up clashing one against the other, even during a war

20. Charles Fourier

And you only talk here about the major power but both are leading a alliance of other minor countries: Bielorussia and most central asia countries for Russia and for example Pakistan for China too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.