1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

uk referendum

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by poolies, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poolies

poolies New Member

hi we had a vote in June on whether we stay or leave the EU i voted leave now remainers are trying there hardest to stop us leaving the EU if that happens my freedom of vote means nothing wondering what your thoughts are on it

annab2 likes this.
  2. bigbaddaboom

bigbaddaboom looking to meet new people

I didn't vote for our government.....do I get another vote? That's what it feel like.

annab2 and C Duncan like this.
  3. C Duncan

C Duncan Account Deleted

Feel the exact same. I never voted for the current Scottish government. Can i have a different result please.

annab2 likes this.
  4. leon Phillips

leon Phillips Trusted.Member

clintonites havent given up here in usa either. i wouldnt worry yet-see it though.:)

annab2 likes this.
  5. o2mero1mer

o2mero1mer Trusted Member

I think it's an unfortunate exit

annab2 likes this.
  6. leon Phillips

leon Phillips Trusted.Member

i dont recognize my comment- i must have been drunk:)

Insp Gadget and annab2 like this.
  7. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Don't worry "poolies" - you will be leaving the EU. Brussels will no longer be ruling you. And you will get back control of your own Borders - at least you don't have to start building a "Fence"...LOL. But your 'Ditch / Moat' could do with widening.

annab2 likes this.
  8. Lilywhite

Lilywhite Trusted Member

Voted to leave just wish they had got on with it a year ago.

annab2 likes this.
  9. Lilywhite

Lilywhite Trusted Member

Still wishing they would get on with it ,whatever the outcome of the election.

annab2 likes this.
  10. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Withdrawing from a treaty is not as easy as "we are out". Could they be moving faster? Sure. But now GB has to renegotiate trade with other nations, as the EU treaty was the standing one and I believe overrode the old ones.

annab2 likes this.
  11. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

I do believe that it will not be an easy "out" for the UK, mainly because you will no longer be having to support the French agricultural industry to do nothing. They may have to start supporting themselves. The Euro-folk will not be happy at losing financial support from the UK. And they will also have to financially support all of those other Eastern Euro Nations that do want to come and join.

But the biggest advantage of getting out is that you will no longer be Dictated to by Brussels. You will have all of your own Laws back as you want them, and you can have far greater control of your own Borders.

There will be plenty of other countries that will want to be trading with you. I'm sure that, for example, the Kiwis will be wanting to sell you Lamb and Dairy products. You might even be able to re-setup your Automotive industry again. And there will always be those interested in the I.T. industry.

Cheers

12. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I have a large family over there in 'Jolly Old'.

Many have told me that if they had needed just one extra incentive to split, it would have been this ...

[​IMG]

" The U.K. is going to be in the back of the queue. "

(Obama warning Great Britain it will move to the end of the line for U.S. trade deals if it pulls out of the European Union.)

It was laughable - and they don't take kindly over there to being 'warned' by some street punk.

13. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Depends. Do the trade deals read "EU"? If they do that TREATY takes precedence over anyone's will. Trade deals are the providence of CONGRESS as they are treaties. Not Trump or Obama. He can not, in fact, negotiate one then "sign an EO enacting it". He keeps getting shot down for one reason. Read the actual decisions. They usually say in some way "Not actually a power of the Presidency, that is a power of Congress". Yes folks. If Congress passed a law like most of the EOs shot down it would likely stand. Because trade and immigration are their realm, not his.

He would have to negotiate a new one, submit to Congress for expedited vote w/o amendments for an up or down. But technically if they withdrew before that happened? We dont have an actual deal with England for a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.