1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trans in women's sports, is it fair?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Okay, I have nothing against trans, but.. if a girl like me competes against a trans, I stand no chance. Why? Because that girl has the bone density and muscle mass of a man. Its not fair. Bigger, stronger, faster. How the hell am I supposed to compete against her?
    And yes I do say her.

phantom1025 and Rebecca4mom like this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I say it depends. I know soon after op that still have it. I have a cousin in law who is a "she". I use that (and screw anyone who attacks for the quotes as I will explain). Quotes? Because "she" is pre op and will be forever. "She" has dude parts and implants. And married my cousin Danielle. I am fine with it. I call "her" Monika mostly because I never knew the dead name and would not use it anyway. But many women, later after surgery and treatment seem to get "Smaller" on the muscle mass side.

3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

But they still have a different bone density and can get more muscle mass. Dudes are stronger, its a biological fact. Changing gender doesnt change the DNA.
    It really isnt fair for women
    I got my ass kicked, like all the other girls.
    As I said, I have nothing against trans, but they shouldnt compete against women, they have an unfair advantage

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Jumpit and Marzia like this.
  4. Valjevac

Valjevac Trusted.Member

No:cool:

Marzia likes this.
  5. krcpisknx

krcpisknx Trusted Member

No it's not

6. loekee

loekee Trusted Member

Not for either side.

7. yokujitomodela

yokujitomodela Account Deleted

I don't think it is

8. yokujitomodela

yokujitomodela Account Deleted

That's it. The effects testosterone had on their muscle and bone structure can't be undone

Marzia and Lian like this.
  9. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

This is a really sticky issue, and there is a lot of misinformation about it.

The only PERMANENT affect testosterone has is bone and hair growth.
    Bone DENSITY decreases after a few years of HRT.
    Muscle DENSITY similarly.
    The presence or absence of a penis (pre or post-op) makes no difference where hormone levels are similar.
    It also depends heavily on *when* hormonal transition happened.
    For someone who transitions at the peak of their physical performance, yes those effects absolutely persist for some time.
    More and more Trans women are transitioning early in life, well before Testosterone has any large cumulative effects. There is little difference developmentally between these women and cis women. It seems unfair to exclude them just because they're trans, and raises all sorts of difficult questions about intersex people participating in sports also, especially in cases where intersex status isn't even known (yes it happens).

On top of all this, lots of sports which do NOT depend on physical size or strength are gender-segregated just because that's what we do...

MY opinion is that this needs to change, and gender segregation in sport needs to end and be replaced with alternative criteria more directly based on fairness in that particular sport.

I mean, the Paralympics manages to come up with categories based on ability... Why can't everyone else?

10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Bone density doesnt diminish, and they have better lung capacity and muscle mass. It doesmt change the DNA, they still are male, except without a part that is removed.
    They keep the physical abilities of men.
    They could make Trans games, rather than putting them with females
    Just look at what hapoens when they dont: a male swimmer, who wasnt that good, said he was a woman, and became the best. A powerlifter male said he was a female, broke every female records.
    That is not fair at all for females

Jumpit likes this.
  11. TittyKitty

Larger build equals larger lung capacity, yes, but the rest of your statement above is either irrelevant or just plain wrong. DNA is not the be all and end all, and there are women with a Y chromosome. (occasionally with either klinefelter syndrome and turner syndrome).
    Is fertility now to be a requirement for female sports? or mandatory DNA tests? this *is* going to exclude people who nobody has thought of as anything but female.
    Your arguments are reductionist and lacking nuance.

12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

An example:

Golf, a non contact sport which is person vs the course. Male strength should not be a factor on paper, but it is.

Min Jee Lee, ranked #5 in the world (women), 2 time major champion, one of the elite female golfers of this generation.
    Min Woo Lee, ranked #47 in the world (men), winner of one DP tour tournament.

They are brother and sister, and play together often. Min Woo was asked who wins, to which he answers:

With me off the mens tees, and her off the ladies, she will 9 out of 10. With us both off the same tees, I always win.

Why? Simple, he hits the ball further, so has less club for his approach shots, and will normally be closer to the hole.
    Min Jee is a much better golfer but just can't compete with his power.

If a man were allowed to compete on the LPGA tour, even a mediocre pro would win more often than not.
    My point is, if "trans" athletes were allowed in, all any male who can't make the cut on the men's tour would have to do is say "I identify as female" and they'd have to let him play. And win a couple million bucks a year.

So, no, it's not fair.

Marzia, Brutus58, Lian and 1 other person like this.
  13. TittyKitty

I immediately questioned the "on paper" stance because how far you hit a ball is absolutely an issue of strength...
    ...and I absolutely agree that there should be restriction greater than "I identify as female" for precisely the same reasons.
    I still assert that no-one is pursuing the possibility of a better/fairer criteria for categorisation than male/female.

Lian likes this.
  14. Lian

Lian Friendly One

I simplified it, I know. But the fact remains: males are stronger and faster, and changing gender doesnt change bone density, lung capacity and muscle mass

15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Also, I do not like the "cis" women thing. I am a woman, period. They want to be identified as they want, well, they should also respect those that were born women. That "cis" bs is stupid

Walnutty likes this.
  16. Dogknot83

Dogknot83 Trusted.Member

17. TittyKitty

I, too, am a woman. Period.
    Cis and Trans are grammatical differentiations and in no way terms exclusive for gender.
    If you choose not to respect the English language and its Latin and Greek roots, that's on you.

ForbiddenDesire68, jj_tut and Lian like this.
  18. mioschiavetto

mioschiavetto Trusted Member

19. Lovinc

Lovinc Trusted Member

3 questions and expected answers for a trans

Are you binair or non-binair? Most or all will answer non-binair

Is a computer binair or non-binair? Binair of the I & O

What can you do with a non-binair computer? Nothing

20. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I don't think they should be. Fallon Fox is a prime example. Completely annihilated all of his opponents in MMA. Except that one fight between him and Ashlee Smith. That was pretty satisfying watching him get beat up by a girl but I could tell Ash had to summon all the energy from the Earth itself in order to do so.

Jumpit likes this.