1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Just incase anyone needed proof of their wanting to tear this country apart

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by longing4sis, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Hillary Clinton calls for ‘resistance and persistence’ from Democrats
    Gabby Kaufman
    In a video released Friday, Hillary Clinton encouraged Democrats to “move forward with courage, confidence and optimism” as the party prepares to rebuild after losing the White House and failing to gain majorities in either house of Congress in the November elections.
    The three-minute video was posted online shortly after it was greeted with applause at a Democratic National Committee meeting in Atlanta, Ga. The DNC will choose new party leaders, including a new chairperson, on Saturday.
    Although Clinton has mostly stayed out of the spotlight since her stunning election loss to Donald Trump, lately she has started to speak out more pointedly via her Twitter account. She celebrated the fact that Trump’s controversial travel ban was stymied in federal courts and admonished members of Congress for avoiding their constituents.
    Acknowledging her loss, in the video Clinton thanked supporters of her candidacy, which she called “the honor of a lifetime.”
    “While we didn’t get the outcome we worked so hard for, I’ll always be proud of the campaign we ran, a campaign that was better and stronger thanks to each of you,” she said.
    Invoking two of the most popular current mantras of the anti-Trump left, Clinton called for “resistance plus persistence” in the fight against the White House’s agenda.
    “We as Democrats must move forward with courage, confidence, and optimism and stay focused on the elections we must win this year and next. Let resistance plus persistence equal progress for our party and our country,” she said.
    The video closed with Clinton urging party unity and promising her support for the progressive cause:
    “As long as we stand together and work together with respect for our differences, strength in our convictions and love for our country, our best days are still ahead. So keep fighting, and keep the faith. And I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

Okay if you would like to watch the video that goes with this story you can see it here.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-...and-persistence-from-democrats-190228905.html

2. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

She is a cry baby just like all the rest of them.

longing4sis likes this.
  3. longing4sis

Yeah, she sure is and I don't trust a thing that come out of her mouth either.

4. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

While I dont like her either, I will say this.

The Democrats are not REQUIRED to fall in line. The Rs have three seats up in the Senate. They actually lost seats in 2016.

She is also right on the Congresspeople. The man I defend to the end has lost me now. Peter King (R) of NY has always been one thing. "District needs over party". He was the first guy to talk the opposition and win them over. He has now decided he is not meeting with constituents anymore. They represent the WHOLE district. Not just people willing to ask them pre-approved questions. Not just the ones who will be "Polite". Not just their party members.

And before anyone says it. I was absolutely calling out the Reps when they were ducking the TP too.

5. longing4sis

That's true but it is against the law to insight civil unrest and disobedience and that is what it sounded like coming from her mouth.

6. buffyfan

That was more of a general statement to the "For Unity. Just agree with what they say to show UNITY." a lot of people are saying. I support ending a protest as soon as it becomes remotely "Physically Aggressive". What I dont support is either side using the possibility to set up "zones" miles away where they "Permit you to protest". They did that in NYC for the RNC. They set up "zones" miles away from MSG. Some even over a bridge. WE, as citizens, have allowed City Mayors to exert a very dangerous policy of "Protest where I say, during the time I approve and only if I say yes". There has also been a rash, in the public, of "Your protest should not inconvenience me at all".

7. longing4sis

Well when lets see if they had not set up a perimeter and areas where protesters to protest at the last Presidential Inauguration the safety of the motorcade would have been compromised. With the people that have been protest as of late they do not know how to be civil. The think that they have to destroy things to be noticed. To them there is no such thing as a peaceful protest.

8. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I have many points to express here. First of all to Hillary Clinton, lying is as natural as breathing, she goes by the philosophy of "Why tell the truth, when a lie will do just as well". And by listening to the statements made by liberals, they are required to act and think exactly as they are told, though they will deny it.

People protesting or counter-protesting should be allowed to have their demonstration in the same area, not the same place, as the event they are protesting is taking place, but under the stipulation that they cannot interfere with the event they are protesting against. Which includes they cannot try to stop the event, they cannot block the event, they cannot stop people going to the event, they cannot intimidate people throwing the event or going to the event.

Those that try to disrupt a peace protest or event should be held accountable. If they cause any type of violence or destruction the people guilty should be immediately arrested and taken away. If disruptors were punished they would be less likely to violate other peoples rights.

9. buffyfan

There is a difference between that and what NYC did. NYC set up the protest zones MILES away from the event. So. Sorry. Not the same thing. Not a "Perimeter". They set up areas out of the view of their "guests". This was also in 2004, not today. So that is an "apples and cement blocks" comparison (Apples and oranges are still both fruit).

10. buffyfan

Exactly. The problem is, and I dont know if you know NYC well, the "zones" were down by South Street seaport. And in Brooklyn. The event was at MSG. So. In case you are not well aquainted. MSG is on 33rd and 7th. SS Seaport is Water St between Fulton and John. That about 55 blocks down town and 19 blocks over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.