1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

I’m bored and tipsy, let’s talk about wine!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by email address, Mar 22, 2024.

?

Which do you prefer?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2024.
  1. Red wine

77.8%
  2. White wine

22.2%
  1. email address

email address Trusted Member

So I’m about halfway through my second bottle right now and I’m wondering which one is your preferred type of wine and what’s your favorite wine label? This should make for some interesting conversations

imunderher likes this.
  2. email address

I’ll go first! I like white wine and my favorite label is Leelanau Cellars. Specifically their Winter White it’s a semisweet wine and it’s quite good if I do say so myself.

3. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

My vote has been for the red wine because I couldn't vote for both wines, besides there are other kinds of wines such as rosé, orange, sparkling wines. And within each category of wine it depends on the grape, the origin, the climate, the time spent in barrels... Our father was a wine lover and belonged to a wine society, a society in which my sister and I are also members. It was our father who taught us to drink, to enjoy a good wine, to learn to know which wine was the right one for each meal, because there are many social events where a comment on a wine is very important. My sister and I still enjoy accompanying our meals with a glass of wine, but we never got drunk, it was a situation that our father rejected. For all these reasons, praising a particular wine is very difficult, as each wine is the right one for different kinds of meat, fish, cheese... Because a wine reaches its intensity when it accompanies the right food and the food reaches its full flavour when the wine is the right one.

4. email address

I liked this response because I love learning new things about what I love, currently I just drink wine to enjoy the buzz but if I can get a better experience with my drink I’m all for learning, right now I just know that red wine goes well with red meat and white wine goes well with fish and chicken if you can help inform me on the other styles of wine and what they would be best with I’d be most appreciative

Odette and Athenea like this.
  5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Red wine. I HATE white wine.

Athenea and email address like this.
  6. email address

Really? I’ve always enjoyed both.

7. trashcanfairy

trashcanfairy Trusted Member

I went with red, but like Athenea said, it's not quite that straight forward

Athenea likes this.
  8. Sweman

Sweman A mature male from Sweden

I’ll go for red most of the time.

9. Jefmaturophile

Jefmaturophile Trusted.Member

We drink white or red wine. It depends on our mood. But it has to be Bourgogne though. And there is of course champagne, and we are addicted to Bollinger.

10. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

Whatever help I can give you from my poor and modest knowledge, no problem. But learning is like good wine, a slow, relaxed, patient process so that the wine acquires all its splendour and the learning bears fruit. There is no magic formula that accelerates the process.

email address and Odette like this.
  11. imunderher

imunderher Mommy's Boy

I like blended reds or old vine zinfandel. I used to go hard into cabs and shiraz, but lately I'm much more of a blended red kind of guy.

Not ashamed to say that, right now, this is my current fave --

upload_2024-3-23_0-21-2.jpeg

Athenea likes this.