1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Communicating on outside forums with members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xav, Mar 25, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xav

Xav Moderator Staff Member

After reading a thread on here, I would like to point out a few things about communication with members on other platforms.

I'm posting it here because it will be available to everyone - especially the new members.

Although we cannot stop it - and certainly don't condone it - people are going to share all sorts of things on Telegram, Sessions and all the other forms of communication we have.

Therefore, I want you all to be aware of exactly what it is you are doing.

And who you are doing it with.

It's an unfortunate reality on a site such as this, that quite a lot of members are not who they say they are. Say 6 out of 10. This will come as no surprise to those of you who have already discovered this fact the hard way.

I want you to be aware - new members in particular - that some of the time, those contacting you by PM on here are usually doing so to further their own particular 'interest', ie/ getting off on what they're into.

And usually what they're into is forbidden here for reasons I shouldn't have to document. Which is why they want to talk to you elsewhere - why they want to share stuff with you ie/ pictures, videos that you wont see here.

In effect, they're dragging you into their own illegal activities with no care for you whatsoever. If this is what you want, you'll get caught up with eventually. And hopefully not drag us down with you.

The staff here do our best to try to keep on top of it all. But we're not always successful. You can help us to keep this website a safe place for everyone by doing 2 things:

1. Don't fall victim to the perpetrators who are just out to fool you.

2. Report them to us ASAP.

We have discovered some of them have multiple accounts, which makes it all the more harder to track them down and deal with them. But there are times when we are successful. We also need proof to act on. Not just suspicion.

I want to feel safe here. I hope you do to.

So please think about what it is you're replying to when someone says, "let's chat on Sessions, Telegram etc."

Xav

Dav3e, Marni7, Duke172 and 14 others like this.
  2. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Very well expressed Xav.

Dav3e, Surfination and Xav like this.
  3. Xav

Xav Moderator Staff Member

Update:

Now that we've closed off all the chat threads, except email, the 'problem is less of a problem'.

But maybe take extra care in supplying your email address - even if it was only created for this forum.

You still don't really know who's on the other end.

Dav3e and TwistedMr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.