1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Chinese interfering in Canada's elections

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Mar 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Dont know if you have heard about that, but Trudeau is in deep shit right now lol

Dan27 likes this.
  2. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Anyone has comments about it?

3. Big gt

Big gt Trusted Member

Nope not anything yet

4. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Hope Trudeau will be fired. We need new elections, safe elections without other countries' intervention

5. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Not sure it's Trudeau who's in deep shit. The first casualty of Chinese interference is a Conservative MLA from Ontario.

6. Lian

Lian Friendly One

But Canadian Agencies or I dunno what told Trudeau about it and he did nothing until he was caught

7. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Oh, great, David Johnston named to look into the allegations.. someone known for being anti-Quebec. This will start ANOTHER debate between the Quebec and Canada

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  8. Apoc666

Apoc666 Trusted Member

Trudeau is a snake, he did exactly the same as george w.
    He used the family name to get him where he is and his legislations and the way hes handled public outcrys such as the truckers was about as idiotic then he ran away claiming covid.
    That man needs some karma visited on him.

9. pussycat

We definitely could use a replacement for Trudeau. He didn't handle the truckers thing well at all.
    He should have had them all lined up and fucking shot.

Don't see how that has much to do with the topic of the thread though.

Lian likes this.
  10. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

11. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

You do know that truckers make it possible to have most of the things we need and enjoy. To suggest the PM have them lined up and shot is gross. I'm glad you hold no position of power. Oh wait.... Uhhh. Please don't ban me again.

12. pussycat

You're entitled to your opinion. I have nothing against truckers. Just ass holes.

Lian likes this.
  13. White Rabbit

Feelings are mutual.

14. Lian

Lian Friendly One

To be fai4, the "Freedom Convoy" created more problems than solved problems. These dudes were just stupid.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  15. White Rabbit

Other than inflatable fortifications, I'm not sure how they created more problems. The truckers cleaned up the streets, downtown crime has been the lowest at that time in Ottawa, homeless were fed, Canada flags were flown and the National anthem was sang.

What I found disturbing was, bank accounts being frozen if they participated or donated to the "Freedom Convoy". I'm First Nations, I don't believe in shutting someone down for having their voice. Some people like to do that but I won't get into that. They know who they are.

It's okay for the teachers to go on strike and bring education to a halt, but if the Ambassador Bridge gets blocked, even though there was one lane open, that's a problem.

16. White Rabbit

Get the Chinese Government out of Canadian politics and you'll be alright. But they have too much money, so I don't expect that soon.

17. Lian

Lian Friendly One

'Crime has been at its lowest'.
    Untrue. They occupied the city, made A LOT of innocent people lose money, blocked trade with US, etc. They WERE doing crimes, themselves. A journalist was attacked by some of these dudes, too.

The 'bank account freezing'. Well, you agree thay criminals can have their accountz frozen, right? Or those that give money to criminal organizations? Then all is good.

Why bring teachers into this? This has NOTHING to do with the Freedom Convoy, who were mostly conspirationist fools thinking Covid was a lie and wanted to endanger people, while not respecting the rules about masks and all.

The Freedom Convoy was a bumch of idiots.

18. White Rabbit

I was using the Teacher Strike as a comparison to the Ambassador Bridge "blockade" as a comparison. The teacher union has never been satisfied since I was going to school, and that's been 30 years in the making. The excuses are over,

I don't think your bank account should be frozen because you are protesting against your Government. Protesting does not make you a criminal. I don't think the "Freedom Convoy" is a criminal organization. I know what you are doing and no, I'm not falling for it. You're too young to remember the Bob Rea days but I respect your opinion.

19. Lian

Lian Friendly One

The bank account were not frozen because of that, they were frozen because they were financing a criminal group

20. pussycat

I don't remember the Bob Rae days (I was a bit young) but I do remember Mike Harris. Something about "get those fucking Indians out of the park"? Hmm, wasn't he a Conservative?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.