1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Can Trump Cultist Followers be deprogrammed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Apr 29, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

I should have written it like that haha

Lolimsa likes this.
  2. Lolimsa

Lolimsa Moderator Staff Member

You need "language reprogramming" :p

Rebecca4mom and Lian like this.
  3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

The main problem, I think, is that most Americans dont want the truth. Most want people to tell them their side is right amd the other is wrong.

Rebecca4mom likes this.
  4. Rebecca4mom

Rebecca4mom Moderator Staff Member

Ha! Another pejorative term!
    You want to broadcast facts? Fine. That means somebody needs to monitor all of the media outlets and censor them. That flies in the face of the Constitution of the USA which is the Supreme Law of the Land. The bottom line is that here, we may say or print or publish anything we damn well like, subject to such basics as not shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater or slandering or libeling others.
    Fox has broadcast lies as have the main stream media outlets. Real journalism seems to be dead here. A friend is trying to get me to subscribe to the Jerusalem Post. She says they have more truth than CNN or Fox. Maybe so. I truly don't know.

So, let's start at the beginning. What evidence do you have for formation of a "cult"? According to Wikipedia, "Cult is a term, considered pejorative by some, for a relatively small group which is typically led by a charismatic and self-appointed leader, who excessively controls its members, requiring unwavering devotion to a set of beliefs and practices which are considered deviant. Wikipedia"

If you accept this definition as a starting point, how are the Trumpists a cult?

5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Ok, getting tired of this.
    RETURN TO THE TOPIC PLEASE?

6. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Fuck this.
    Mods, just close this thread, there hasnt been any post about the topic it was made for anyway.

7. Rebecca4mom

Dear, Lovely, Wonderful Lian,
    I was trying to follow you out into the rough, but we got side-tracked. If you are being attacked, please send me an e-mail and I'll help in any way I can.

Love,
    Rebecca, the libertarian

lib·er·tar·i·an
    noun
    1. 1.
      an advocate or supporter of a political philosophy that advocates only minimal state intervention in the free market and the private lives of citizens.
      "no true libertarian would ever support a culture where citizens must show their papers to travel"

2. 2.
      a person who advocates civil liberty.
    "An e harm none, do as Ye will."

D.C. Barnet likes this.
  8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

No, you are not. The topic is supposed to be about what do to against the widespread lies. You keep changing to other things. Yes, I should have used other words, it was poimted out already, by Lolimsa. Yet you keep returning to the OG post, which we know should have be phrased differently.

Rebecca4mom likes this.
  9. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

Thread closed.

No more ... no less.

Lian likes this.
  10. Rebecca4mom

Personally, my views are more libertarian (not the political party, but the general philosophy). Open and free debate is welcome, IMHO, calling names is unnecessary and unlikely to result in reasoned debate, regardless of the media showing this stuff off. Free markets make sense. They are much more efficient.

Regardless, I wish all of you a peaceful and happy Christmas, regardless of which part of the bird you inhabit.

11. Rebecca4mom

Yes, that seems to cut both ways.

Edinburgh Scot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.