1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

An appreciation for what's good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BadDirtyDaddy, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadDirtyDaddy

BadDirtyDaddy Account Deleted

HOLY MOLY!

I'm going to preface this with the warning that this was *MY* experience it hopefully is not everyone's and that results may very. (Queue super fast voice saying all legalese).

So I am a social butterfly by nature, flutter here, flutter there. Pretty agile for a man 200lbs and looks like I belong in a circus sideshow. That being said, I have membership here and another site (WILL NOT NAME WILL NEVER NAME). The other site we'll call abc.xyz or abc for short.

Initially abc was cool, different, and open to be yourself (we'll get to this point in a moment). I fast make friends, post pictures, make funny quips and at one point become a moderator! (Woot). I quickly resign being a mod due to conflict of interests and management style of the site, no harm was meant, we just didn't mesh well. But I stayed on as a member and still was active in that community.

The topic of online harassment comes up, and boy is that a hot button issue that you always side with the victim it's a no-brainer.

Example A:
    Incident: Mr X said "Blank" to Mrs. Y.
    Outcome: Mr X gets reprimand or the boot (depending on severity, etc).

A friend of the site's owner (gay male) posts on my pictures obscene and vulgar things even though my page clearly state's I'm straight. Obviously I didn't like it but being on the internet longer than a day I shrug it off.... Until... She messages me stating she's talked to him "lol" and that he's sorry and she's told him not to post on any more straight men's pages (alluding to I'm not the only one). I tell her that she had just posted about how she takes harassment seriously and that at this very moment she's doing the exact opposite. You would think she'd recognize the irony and correct action.

The leader at abc decided to go a new route. Essentially stating, there's nothing I can do to stop everyone from harassment, you just have to block everyone."

I'm in the IT field and inform and try to guide her away from the ignorance of her train of thought. It's well-meaning, I think, but still off base by a mile.

She doubles down. At that point I quit altogether. I just couldn't bang my head against that wall anymore. People who complain about this site and it's constant vigilance against spam, etc. the rules it puts in place and the way it handles things is because of experiences like mine and the reason why I ran like a hooker in church.

Thank you Mods, Admins, Owners of INS-DREAM.

Neophyte and SecretWishes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.