1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What's Happening In the World (non-political!)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Dane, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

Let me know the score of that match. I want the team with the better play and technique to win, I want the players to try harder, I want the best team to win, as long as my team wins :D

2. Athenea

3. Melancholy Son

Melancholy Son Account Deleted

Bravo, at least you tried to understand the offside rule, I'm so proud of you! You get extra kisses for that :).

Playing in the world cup in itself is a great achievement, you should be proud of your players. Only 8 nations have won the world cup so far, Brazil have won five times, and they are the only team to have played in every tournament. The other World Cup winners are Germany and Italy, with four titles each; Argentina, France, and inaugural winner Uruguay, with two titles each; and England and Spain, with one title each. It's extremely difficult to win a world cup in soccer because it is played almost everywhere in the world and it is undoubtedly the most popular sports in the world, unlike some other sports which are popular only in a particular country or in a few countries only. Almost each and every nation in the planet are competing to get into the world cup.

Say what you want, you can try to justify however you like but it's still rude, lol. :D:D:D

And hey if it helps, I think I told you this before, didn't I? Mom tells me I'm spiritually a woman in a lot of ways :).

Star_of_sea, Odette and Athenea like this.
  4. Melancholy Son

Oh believe me, I know :). They not only play, they are also very good. Here soccer is actually more popular among girls than boys. We have a great women's soccer team and we are very proud of them !!!

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is becoming more and more so here in the USA.
    Girls Soccer Scholarships even have been full-boat paid. Classes, room and board payed 100%.

6. Melancholy Son

I think it's a great thing. I see more and more girls getting into Soccer lately, including some of my little nieces. It's great to see girls being excited about sports and not just cheerleading.

7. Athenea

8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Human stupidity is spreading more and more around the globe, that's what is happening.

Symbiont and Melancholy Son like this.
  9. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  10. Symbiont

Symbiont Account Deleted

What's the cause?

11. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Humanity, that's the cause. Where there are Humans, there is stupidity

12. Melancholy Son

Defending champions, France has a great team this year as well. They lost the last league match because of coach's arrogance and somewhat stupidity. I have a question for you, it wasn't enough that you are great at art and culture and music and cuisine? And you talk like you are reciting poetry and then there are French women of course, so beautiful, so elegant! To top it off, you had to win the soccer world cup too? ;):)

Star_of_sea, Athenea and Odette like this.
  13. Odette

I wouldn't say that soccer is my crazy sport, but I do like to know the results of the soccer team that dad likes and of the national team. I have watched soccer games with dad but I prefer that he watch them with his friends, that he go to the city or at home and enjoy that atmosphere that my lack of passion for soccer cannot give him, because with his friends he enjoys himself much more. of the good and the bad of his team. But it's true that I like my team to win, because it also represents my country and I like to watch soccer matches if it's with dad, but I don't want to give up a match with his friends for me, because I know that this match is much more with his friends than with me. But lately I no longer want France to face two teams against Spain and another country, because at that moment I don't enjoy my country's victory over those countries that much.:(:( I am heartbroken if he takes France against Spain and selects them from another country, because even though Star and Athenea don't like soccer, they represent their countries. Dad gets it and finds it funny:):)

In many more sports, not just soccer:):)

And it's impossible to say in words when you hear thousands and thousands and thousands of voices singing your anthem:):)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  14. Melancholy Son

It's good that you are at least interested in results and try to watch it sometimes with your dad. What is the sport you are crazy about by the way? ;). Even if are not crazy about a certain sports you must love the atmosphere and the passion, right? Think about how the players feel when they are representing their country in the biggest stage of all, in a packed stadium. Think about how they must feel singing the national anthem. That's goosebumps stuff, that feeling is priceless, all the money in the world cannot but you that feeling !!

You will feel bad if France wins against only two countries? You will feel good about France winning against my country USA :(? Wow that's cold Odette. What happened to you? What happened to the sweet girl I once knew :(:D:D?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2022
    Star_of_sea, Athenea and Odette like this.
  15. Odette

There is no specific sport that makes me feel passionate, if I feel passionate when a team represents my country. My true passion is riding my horses around the property very fast and feeling the wind. But dad doesn't like it, he always tells me that if I have an accident and break a small bone in my hand, I'll go months without a violin. The only solution is to go slow when I'm near the house and fast when I'm far away and Dad can't see me

Don't be jealous, so that you can prove that I am a good person, I will also include the anthem of your country

Oooooupppp! Sorry for the confusion, but you know what my preferences are and my weakness, that little sister I've never had
    It was a joke, laugh:p:p:D:D
    Now yes, enjoy your anthem and soccer a lot, with love. Many kisses:):););)

upload_2022-12-2_13-44-21.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

USA beat Iran! (Kinda old news, but just in case anyone missed it)

17. Odette

18. Athenea

Are we still friends? Sport is like that.

19. Valjevac

Valjevac Trusted.Member

of course

Odette, Star_of_sea and Athenea like this.
  20. Melancholy Son

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's round of 16 match, USA vs Netherlands, tomorrow being weekend makes it perfect to watch with friends, make a fun day out of it.