1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What is Critical Race Theory

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I was taught about Tulsa in school. Along with the fact that the "New World" buildings, ie, Williamsburg, Virginia and
    other cities such as New York were built on the work of the muscles of slaves.
    Boston also. This whole BS that history that was taught years ago was void of facts is just another falsification that is
    being taught in CRT.

So please don't use the argument that CRT is exposing "truths". It is the opposite. It is teaching that all previous history
    taught is wrong and only CRT is teaching a "correct" curriculum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2021
    GreenShark84 likes this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I am pretty positive that my Dad's cousin worked for Jet Blue there until the day he died. In a Hub.

3. buffyfan

But, again. Read what I wrote. I am not defending CRT. I am chastizing the people who try to use Anti-CRT to take things that HAPPENED out because it is "divisive". A few places tried to keep out, or take out things like Tulsa because teaching that WHITE SUPREMACISTS burned an entire neighborhood because it was affluent an black in the 1920s. Is actual history "marxist" now?

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Not at all. It was an event that was caused because a bunch of whites were looking for a reason to destroy an affluent
    black neighborhood. Not a whole lot of difference than BLM is used an excuse to loot businesses.
    History is tainted with atrocities and they have been, and always will be, excluded in teachings by those who did the
    atrocities.

As far as CRT is concerned.

Genghis Khan used it to try to prove the Xia people were a threat to the empire.
    Marx used it to try to prove Christianity was a threat.
    Hitler used it to try to prove the Jewish race was a threat.
    Et-Al.

CRT is being used now to say that the European white race is guilty and should be punished.

That is why CRT is an evil teaching. Rulers in the past used it to destroy those they considered inferior or a threat.
    It is no different now except the self-loathing leftist are now using it against anything that is considered "white race".

Nephew001 and GreenShark84 like this.
  5. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

6. Neophyte

Dane likes this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

This proves my point in my above post;

8. buffyfan

Did you miss again where I said CRT is bad. And people are using CRT to justify covering bad acts of the past? I dont disagree with that point. But so many people dont look at WHAT they want to ban in the name of CRT.

Again. I, my wife, my oldest and her wife all must have had very different educations than most. Because from K to the Bar Exam? I was not taught any of these liberal things. Many of my professors were Conservative. But I only know that because they are now colleagues. I never heard a teacher or professor's political opinion. I did have two psychotic English Profs though. One, in an american lit summer class spent a three hour class talking about being in LA and the King Riots. Not race or politics. How she wished she had gotten a machine gun and stole some booze instead of staying inside.

Dane likes this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yes I did get the first time you said CRT was bad. I was just answering your Q about is actual history Marxist.

The rest of my post was just in reference to my thoughts (and as history shows) about the history of CRT.
    Not as a rebuttal to your post.

I agree with that 100%. I honestly can't fathom how stupid these school board members are in not only not knowing what
    CRT actually is and was, but as you state, they have no clue what they are actually banning in the name of CRT, or even
    giving an end result they expect out of it.
    They're clueless to the harm that will happen.

GreenShark84 likes this.
  10. buffyfan

I am surrounded by these rubes. It is not the board though. The board knows what they are doing. The parents buy into it. The board knows.

Dane likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Yes for the most part, but check online, there are a few who are calling them out and it's hilarious to watch.

12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

GreenShark84 likes this.
  13. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

I wonder how the CRT proponents are going to handle Juneteenth becoming a US federal holiday.

Dane likes this.
  14. Neophyte

15. Neophyte

16. Neophyte

Timestamp 12:30
    Timestamp 18:00

17. Neophyte

18. Neophyte