1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

What does your member name mean?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

How did you come up with the username you use on this forum?

I'll start.

Curmudgeon: a bad-tempered or surly person, especially an older man.
    It's one of those backward names like calling a bald man "curly" or or a short man "stretch".​

Omer, Hypnotist, Haunter1 and 25 others like this.
  2. Alstem

Alstem Trusted Member

Mine was totally random, though I may have seen it somewhere...

Insp Gadget, amiraj and curiousFred like this.
  3. PeterThePiper

PeterThePiper Trusted.Member

My dad used to call me Peter Piper, & it sort of stuck with me, & now I use it as often as I can for a username .

Jack_xxx, Plus33, Blackbyrd65 and 9 others like this.
  4. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Well.....I'm a 'Bloke'.....and 'Ak' was a location where I was when I chose it (north of where I am now).

Cheers

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

A very close friend I had years ago, before the web got started. I met him on a telephone meeting system.
    We met, he was married and bi too, we hit it off and met regularly for years until he had to move.
    It was part of his AOL handle when he got a computer and had AOL.

My avatar pic is of a round White Castle hamburger. My mom and dad used to argue about if it was always square.
    Mom said square, dad said round, that at the first White Castle in Cincinnati,OH , the lady at the grill would
    roll the beef into a ball and smash it down on the grill.
    Apparently he was right.
    The picture is a close up of a picture in a White Castle restaurant near me of one of the first White Castle's in
    Kansas.

Vad, ram, Insp Gadget and 2 others like this.
  6. NataSis

NataSis Trusted.Member

Nata is just a diminutive for Natalya, my name, and 'Sis', well, I'm here because I'm a sister who loves her siblings so there you have it! :D

7. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Mine was used as a sound representing graphic way many long years ago in the days before broadband. The best we had was local hubs hosted by individuals that were called a b.b.s. One of the ones I was a member used graphics to represent sounds lol thus Zarp. Now keep in mind all this was in the day when your internet speed was still measured in bytes not megabytes and my modem at the time was a 14.4k baud modem lol.

Funmessy, wcharless, svrshko and 4 others like this.
  8. Dreofanarchy

Dreofanarchy Uncle looking for his niece

I’m a huge sons of anarchy fan so it’s a play on that a short form of my name. The avatar is from Disenchantment on Netflix of a demon named Lucie lol

9. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Your name is "Anarchy"?
    :rolleyes:

amiraj and Dreofanarchy like this.
  10. Dreofanarchy

Dreofanarchy Uncle looking for his niece

Lol I see my mistype. It’s Andre but Dre for short

Insp Gadget and amiraj like this.
  11. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Don't tell me this was because you said all day

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

12. PeterThePiper

PeterThePiper Trusted.Member

lol. Tried many times, & still do, & still struggle to get it right. My mum used to be brilliant with things like that.

Bellyranks and GopuIsThat like this.
  13. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Well, I have always been curious about life in general, so that is where my handle came from.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  14. Sensual4famnmore

Sensual4famnmore Trusted Member

Mine is that I feel sensuality is what we desire with those closest to us. That is for those special in our lives whether it is family or that non family memember that is very close/special.

sandro swinger and Insp Gadget like this.
  15. amiraj

amiraj Trusted.Member

Mine is bit shortening of word/name "Amit" = which means "which cannot be destroyed" and "Raja" which means "A King". It was a nick name I used to love to be called as. Those days I love to make name from different words. Though still being a kid, people use to ask me for a good unique name with meaning for their just born kids. Also, later on came to know that it also means "Ami" = "Me" and "Raj"="Kingdom".

Though my real name is neither Amit or Raja.

The profile picture kind of resemble what have felt from my early growing up years. A strong, dark & lonely person.

ram and Insp Gadget like this.
  16. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

In my case, Triad just sounded cool. It didnt have anything to do with the eventual situation here.
    Sibling because i was, and still am, in love with my sis.

17. JustWatching

JustWatching Trusted Member

I am an extrovert, but my all time enjoyment, is to just people watch. Always wondering where those people are headed, and what their lives are like. It is what that in mind, that I just like to sit by, watch life, sometime participate in it, but mostly just like to watch.

18. rookie1255

rookie1255 Trusted.Member

When I started out on the internet I was big on playing chess online being new to the internet "rookie" seemed like a cool idea. The name was already taken in a lot of chess rooms so I added the house number to the end. This was back before Facebook and internet privacy being a big deal. Although it could also be because I didn't give considerations to such things as a young boy.

19. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

When I was young, like a lot of young girls, I was a figure skater. One day I put on a kitty kat halloween costume and went skating, pretending to be a cat. All the adults thought it was hilarious ( I thought I was being artistic, lol ). I got called pussycat a lot for a while after that.
    Later - much later - I just thought "pussycat" sounded kind of sexy. Plus the claws thing.

;);)

20. Jermija

Jermija Trusted Member

Nothing special about mine.... It’s totally random