1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Vaccine passport

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by neon zone, Apr 10, 2021.

?

Do you support vaccine passport for Covid-19?

1. yes

34.8%
  2. no

63.0%
  3. other (please explain)

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Got both of mine in same arm.
    1st one gave me a sore for the day. 2nd shot I had no side effects at all.

Wife was opposite.
    1st she had none, 2nd gave her a sore arm.

joep likes this.
  2. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

The COVID vaccine is not just a vaccine to fight a disease, as it would be in the case of a disease such as influenza or hepatitis. Today's vaccine is much more than just a vaccine, it is a way to fight a disease that is much more than a disease, because the disease is a real paralysis of the social and business life of all countries. The vaccine is to try to start up businesses, shops, social life, so that people can go back to work and have a salary to feed their children, go on trips, have a coffee, not only for the social life that is being lost, but also to create wealth and a movement of money that is the basis of our capitalist economy. Those who vaccinate themselves are helping, making a small effort to bring normality back to our societies and our lives. For this reason, they should be rewarded in some way as opposed to those who prefer, out of selfishness or fear, not to be vaccinated. It is clear that the current vaccine is neither perfect nor 100% effective, as it means that a vaccinated person can be a carrier of the disease, and even become infected but with much milder and more bearable symptoms, but at the present time it is the only way to fight against COVID. The fight is not over yet and the pharmaceutical companies are still researching the virus, still learning how it is transmitted and mutating and all this, together with more time, will lead to future and better vaccines to make this disease just a bad dream and just another footnote in the history books. But at this particular moment, it is the only weapon we have and it must be used, even if it is imperfect and has shortcomings, because it is either get vaccinated or remain paralysed, collapsing hospitals.

deviantdan, Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I didn't have any side effects with the first shot. Nothing at all.

joep and Star_of_sea like this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Thank you for sharing that info. I had no side effects with the first shot. Something to look forward to with the second shot next week.

joep and Star_of_sea like this.
  5. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

What about the real possibility of it being required for school you may not be forced to take it as an adult but you took it in childhood was that forced and would that go away after the pandemic or will it stay like the other vaccines?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Star_of_sea likes this.
  6. away

away Account Deleted

Ignorance isn't so bliss. Why do you trust big pharma when you haven't read the science on SARS-cov-2?

I've had severe covid and long covid. I've read the science and know that this pandemic would be over if I had the power of sticking 1-3 500mg pills of Niacinamide(STAT3 proviral pathway inhibitor) per day in everyone's mouth for one week.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  7. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

Polio does not have a high recovery rate it can't be compared to this.

Some people who were pro-vaxxer have lost their son or daughters to vaccines, both sides can use emotional stories like this, should the pro-vaxxer change their mind after this?

Really, was it not proven to support why mask should be worn after being vaccinated as they may be asymptomatic carriers?

You might have had covid before, there is an episode on SciShow which explains how :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  8. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

This whole "pandemic" has been a scam. These vaccine passports are another form of control by the government. I still fail to see why all this happened when the average person has a 99.9987% chance of living. These lockdown proved one thing to me and that government wants complete control of you. These passports are the second step. The first was the lockdowns. The passports will regulate where you can and cannot go.

9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The pandemic flu of 1918 was much worse. Lasted two years with many, many more deaths. From a historical viewpoint, this pandemic is not as bad.

10. Star_of_sea

COVID is a disease that has surprised everyone and in the short space of time available, it is not possible to claim to have a 100% effective vaccine, created from scratch and in the face of a concrete and ongoing threat. It is true that none of the existing vaccines is fully effective, just as it is true that a vaccinated person can still transmit the disease, but it is also true that those who are vaccinated will see the effects of COVID diminish drastically and notoriously. The current vaccine is a first shock wave against a new disease, and over time, research will continue and more will be done, leading to new, more powerful and much more effective vaccines. At this particular moment, it is the only weapon we have at the pharmacological level, it is not perfect but it is the only solution.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  11. Star_of_sea

I have talked about masks, social distance or passports, not about stopping vaccinations. If COVID is a new disease that is here to stay, we will have to accept that situation. And the COVID vaccine will be a new vaccine that we will have to accept in our lives, that will protect more and more intensely those who decide to be vaccinated, to the point that it will make no difference who has not been vaccinated, because they will not be able to infect those who have been vaccinated. And if it is a new vaccine, then we must accept it, as are all the others, at least in Spain, of compulsory vaccination, such as tuberculosis, hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, pneumococcus, measles, mumps and rubella. All of these are injected at a very young age and are intended to protect the person from all these diseases and have proven their continued reliability.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  12. Star_of_sea

It is not a question of trusting big pharma, it is a question of understanding the objective of big pharma, i.e. to make a vaccine as efficient as possible because that will bring them huge profits and money is one of the most important motivations for a company, in this particular case, we are talking about billions of potential patients. On the other hand, I would also like to say that it is not a question of whether I personally trust the big pharmaceutical companies or not. In my specific case, it was my mother who said that it is advisable for me to be vaccinated and, obviously, nobody wants my personal wellbeing, past, present and future, more than my mother. I don't need any information about COVID, just like if I catch a cold, I never read the leaflets of the specific medicine I will take, I just have to ask mum and whatever she recommends I take, I do it with my eyes closed, without a second's hesitation. As I have already said, she is my mother, my partner and my doctor, can anyone want my perfect health more than her, can anyone feel more concern for me than her?

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

This is not the message we are receiving now.

This does not answer my question "was that forced?" by giving them at an age they could not refuse and trusted you are right, it protects them while their natural immune system can't.

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

What also should be mandatory is the vaccine against HPV (Human Pappilloma Virus). The cause of cervical cancer and some oral/throat cancers. Would save a lot of people from VERY NASTY diseases and their respective treatments.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  15. Star_of_sea

NEON ZONE

This is not the current message, because at present the vaccine is imperfect, because of the novelty of the disease and the urgency to find a solution, even if incomplete. This is the message of the future, of the evolution of research, when research will have more time to investigate the COVID and find its weaknesses. COVID will be like the flu, we will have to be vaccinated every year.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-...vaccines-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines-key-facts

All the vaccinations I have mentioned are compulsory in Spain and at a very early age, so early that the person who receives them cannot decide, it is the parents. So one more vaccination is not a problem either.

Brutus58 likes this.
  16. Star_of_sea

Yes, studies and recommendations for vaccination are increasing every day. In the specific case of HPV in Spain, it is recommended before any sexual activity and preferably before beginning physical sexual development, in order to protect against various types of cancer, especially in women, as it avoids possible direct exposure to these cell mutations.

Brutus58 likes this.
  17. Bubb

Bubb Trusted Member

I just don't like needles

18. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

What I said
    This is not the message we are receiving now.

What you said
    Avoids what I said.

What it said
    Avoids what I said.

What it said
    The immune response it generate could be an "auto-immune response", this is deadly and makes vaccination "Russian roulette". No data shows the virus causes "auto-immune response", if you have any share it, I will see if they are using any tricks to show this. This is known for all vaccines but deliberately left out in it's fact sheet.

Using a different question https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...oronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-myth-versus-fact

Therefore it not true, the "not clear" is a way of hiding it, this is the same for all existing vaccines. Measles vaccine will claim it prevents it but if you get measles after vaccination you are told it prevented you from getting moderate or severe illness. If you got severe illness or died after vaccination it was because of existing condition which they don't prove.

What I said
    This does not answer my question "was that forced?" by giving them at an age they could not refuse and trusted you are right, it protects them while their natural immune system can't.

What you said
    My response

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  19. burny1901

burny1901 Trusted Member

As long as there is not enough Vaccine available for everybody (who wants to get it), there should not be any discussion about a Vaccine-Passport or "loosening of restricitons" in any situation for those who got the Vaccine.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Neighbors across the street are having a large party. Cars parked every where, on their lawn, along the street as well as in their driveway. MANY people. I really don't think they are "social distancing" or wearing masks. And, NO, I DID NOT peak through their windows to confirm my suspicions. House is too small to socially distance and with eating and drinking, I can't see how anyone is wearing a mask.

Could be that everyone in attendance has been vaccinated.

Star_of_sea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.