1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Vaccine passport

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by neon zone, Apr 10, 2021.

?

Do you support vaccine passport for Covid-19?

1. yes

34.8%
  2. no

63.0%
  3. other (please explain)

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

Do you support vaccine passport for Covid-19?

2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I vote "No".

Reason being, if someone gets the vaccine, the main focus people do, is to protect themselves.

Why should anyone have to prove they are protected (and don't carry) from the virus other
    than the reason is to appease the anti-vaxxers.

What is the need of a card if only to be a useless item to others who have been vaccinated too?

I am vaccinated so I don't care if you've got it or not if you refuse the vaccine for yourself.

Brutus58 likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

4. deviantdan

deviantdan Account Deleted

No, on the grounds it is discriminatory. Some people will not be medically able to be vaccinated. Why should these people be discriminated against? These are the same people who are relying on high levels of vaccine uptake to provide community immunity (or herd immunity if you prefer that term), the same way they rely on that to not get other contagious community transmitted diseases. Consequently on the grounds that vaccine passports are discriminatory towards a group who through no fault of their own cannot get a vaccine means it is a no from me. Can't wait for my jab, I pay for my flu jab every year, and I have no qualms about getting a shot in the arm for this!

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The passport is to prove you have been vaccinated so that business' and government buildings can
    require the passport ID as a prerequisite to enter the establishment or building.

Some places are barring the public from entering their building (including restaurants) without one.

Some states, the ones with intelligent governors, have issued orders that prohibit businesses from requiring
    one before you enter.
    It is a form of discrimination as determined by those governors.

Those governors have the same thought about it as I do, if you get vaccinated, you are protecting yourself
    and others you come into contact with. So if you don't get the vaccine, and are susceptible to being infected,
    that is your choice and everyone else shouldn't have to give up their freedoms to accommodate your poor choice.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Those are links to articles about the Vaccine Passport.

7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

No.

Partially because it has the possibility of being discriminatory as mentioned above. Also because we don't yet know whether or not a person who has been vaccinated can be totally asymptomatic but still be a carrier of the virus.
    It would be useful to the health care sector if a patient had some documentation to say they have had a shot (and which one), but not as a "passport" to go wherever they liked.
    Keep the lid on things tight, we have a long way to go yet.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  8. away

away Account Deleted

I voted "other".

I'm a non-vaxxer as in vaccines are absolutely not the answer to solving this pandemic.

The most powerful antiviral has always been nicotinamide (niacinamide) when taken without any other supplement. It is a STAT3(proviral) inhibitor, increases sirtuins, feeds NAD+, raises growth hormone, lowers blood sugar and many other benefits. It has been shown to eliminate HIV when taken at high doses.

Note: NAC(N-acetylcysteine) supplement inhibits the antiviral effects of niacinamide.

Niacinamide saved my life from sars-cov-2 twice months apart since I have no innate immunity like other blood types.

Brutus58 likes this.
  9. Rockyloon192

Rockyloon192 Looking To Make A Local Family

I'm not getting the vaccine. I've been eligible for weeks and I'm not going there. I haven't been sick, rarely wore a mask, and I'd rather die than be a guinea pig for the US Government again, I was in the USMC for 8 years. I'll take my chances.

Son4mother and Brutus58 like this.
  10. away

away Account Deleted

Government???

You mean big pharma.

Government is like a bunch of chickens in a room.

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Latest study shows a vaccinated person very well may transmit IF the virus is alive in their nasal cavity until the body's immune
    system destroys the virus.

That is happening now. Most people don't have a problem showing their Vac-Card to check-in at their health-care center.

Yeah, I agree not time to do away with masks yet.

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That is your God Given Right to chose. Your reasons are yours and I understand. Good luck. Then again, there are those who don't think you have the "right" to chose.

13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Since having the "passport" doesn't mean you can't be a "carrier", having it means NOTHING!!!!!! It's just another way to control the populace through FEAR and MISINFORMATION!!!! Vaccinations only protect the vaccinated and NO ONE ELSE!!

Rockyloon192 likes this.
  14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

So.?
    What's wrong with that?
    Why, since anyone gets the vaccine to protect themselves, are to be concerned about those who won't?

Not trying to be callus, but why should I, or anyone else, have to give up our rights because YOU decide to
    be selfish and not get the vaccine?

Really Brutus, I am surprised at your liberal reaction when you usually have such a clear mind
    about the reality of affairs.

Do you say the same about those who wouldn't get the polio vaccine by Dr. Salk?

My wife's neighbors were ant-vaxxers, and their son, born in 1961, got polio and was crippled for
    life. He died in 2013.
    My wife was born in 1957, me in 1958. It was available but they said "No".
    Their son payed the ultimate price.

It's the same now. We have the vaccine, but you say "No".
    Who do you think will pay the price of not getting vaccinated?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I'm sorry. You got me wrong. I was reffering to the "need" to prove that a person was vaccinated. A vaccination won't keep anyone else from getting it so why need proof of being vaccinated? What good is a vaccination "passport"? Just another level of control by the government using fear and disinformation.

Again, the choice of getting the vaccine or not is a personal one. For their own reasons. NO ONE else benefits from someone else getting vaccinated. The vaccinated can still be carriers.

That's why I don't see a "need" for a "passport".

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Dane likes this.
  16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Full results on that have yet been determined.
    The rumor that the vaccinated can be carriers has yet to be proven at any level.

Those claiming they can, has been from those who haven't be in control of, nor have any facts from
    any study group for that yet.

Brutus and Gadget;

Don't get me wrong. If you don't want to get the vaccine, or anyone else, I agree 100% that no-one
    should be forced to get it.

If you 2 guys are those kind of people who don't ever get sick because of a very strong immune system,
    there is not a need to be vaccinated.

If someone says that you should in order to protect others if you are a carrier, they have only partial
    facts. People who's immune system are like that, their system kills off the virus as soon as it is
    detected in the body.
    You can't spread a virus if your body does not allow it to live long enough to get outside your body.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  17. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

Perhaps when this whole pandemic is over, there will be no point in this passport, or the masks or many other measures that are being taken and that are not in force, of obligatory personal, moral and legal compliance. But now, at this particular moment, this is not the case and there are many people who do not wish to be vaccinated, an option that is legally permitted, as it is voluntary. But whoever has made the decision to be vaccinated, even with all the contrary opinions, whoever has decided that option should have some right over those who have preferred comfort and run the risk of continuing to collapse hospitals. I am not talking about privileges, but if you travel, whoever has the vaccine should not have the same controls and limitations as a person who has not been vaccinated. If a person has not been vaccinated because they think it is a form of government control, because they don't know what they are going to put in their body with that vaccine... and all that nonsense, they should not be treated equally. Maybe the example is not accurate, but it would be like if a policeman asks you for your driving licence, it can't be the same for those who have taken the trouble to take the test as for those who drive without a licence. Maybe in a few months all this will be forgotten, but at this particular moment, my vote is a resounding yes to the vaccination passport.

Dane likes this.
  18. away

away Account Deleted

All the science should be taken into account before forcing a not really 100% effective vaccine passport.

What we really need is a passport which tracks the specific (variant) antibodies produced by each individual because vaccines aren't effective in everyone.

"Healthy" blood type O's and B's produce Anti-A isoantibodies which protect their organs from SARS viruses. These people have innate immunity but can still spread the virus until they produce IgG antibodies. I lived with a silent spreader when I was severely infected and he kept increasing my viral load.

Regarding the driving analogy. The majority of people with a driver's license can't drive to save their life. The cars are too big for their heads.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I have gotten the first of two shot vaccination. I'm getting the second next week.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  20. joep

joep Trusted.Member

It was suggested to me to have the second shot in the other arm so as to not re-infuse the same muscle group again. For me it seemed to have worked as the second shot was less painful than the first. First one felt like someone gave me a good punch to the arm (day after) and it was around 4-5 days. Second shot was was similar but felt like someone pulled the punch and only 2-3 days. Pfizer by the way.

Brutus58 and Star_of_sea like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.