1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Thoughts on Canadian elections?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by MilaHot, Sep 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

It took Justin only 10 days after the election to get back to his phony ways, and on the first occurrence of the holiday his government created!
    So much for reconciliation, but maybe he came across a residential school survivor during his sunny ways beach walk and had a private meeting gazing out to sea.
    To top it off, his private jet passed within 15 minutes of an indigenous community that invited him to visit on this day.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8234246/trudeau-vacation-indigenous-tofino-truth-and-reconciliation/amp/

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...aus-tofino-truth-and-reconciliation-adventure

2. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Trudeau's a joke lol, and he's still doing the same stupid things over and over and over again, thinking that because his actor school skills can make him cry on demand, he'll be forgiven for his mistakes lol

orly6666 likes this.
  3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Just a friendly reminder for the topic: Do not start racism comments about some provinces on here, okay? Its to talk about the elections, not about a province. So those that want to shittalk about a province, just don't.
    I want this little talk of ours to be civil and polite

orly6666 and whitecoffee1 like this.
  4. MontyT

MontyT Trusted Member

I'm not really familiar with Canadian politics, bu these last elections seemed like a total waste of time...

orly6666 likes this.
  5. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

All Canadian elections tend to be a total waste of time.

We're not that different to anybody else in that regard.

Dane likes this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It seems now, no matter the country, any and all national political elections are fixed.
    Including all "free world" countries.

7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I disagree. Our election wasn't fixed, and neither was yours. There's no credible evidence to suggest otherwise in your case, and in ours nobody is even suggesting it.

My point is that no matter who we elect in Canada, we get the same end result. It doesn't matter who is in power, they all govern the same way anyway.

BC will continue to be lotus land, Alberta will keep claiming they're supporting the rest of the Country, the Maritimes will continue to have nothing, Quebec will whine ad nauseum about how they're being picked upon, and Ontario will just roll along wondering why the rest of them don't just shut up and get to work.

The last time a Federal election meant something up here was really a referendum. Vote PC and Mulroney will sign the FTA with the USA, vote Liberal and we won't sign it. Mulroney won, we signed, and the Americans have been fucking us ever since. Because we had a FTA with Chile which worked well for both parties we assumed the US one would be the same.
    Very naive on our part. The Chileans are a decent and honorable people. We are well aware of what the Americans are, we should have known better..
    Fast forward and Trump demands a new NAFTA. What do we do? Sign it, this time a Liberal government.

Like I said, plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Anyway, let's not take this thread off topic.

Incs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.