1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

THE TIDE OF WAR HAS CHANGED

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by AnonymousB2022, Apr 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

lol Obama didn't want a war, he was 'weak', but there was no collusion. Obama just was a good man.
    Trump, on the other end, often admitted that he admired Putin. And the Russians even brag, in their national tv, about how they interfered with US elections often, even trying to help Trump.

2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

A "man with great charisma"? yes, 100%

A "man with a silver tongue"? yep, 100% on that too.

But, a "good man"? I disagree with that 100%. (except for being good at trying to destroy our military. I
    say "good", because he pales in comparison the the 'great' decimation Clinton did.

3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

He didn't want to destroy your military. He just wanted to stop your military to invade other countries without a real good reason.

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You say that, but I don't know why.

Again, a foreigner telling us "How it really is/was", when we experienced it firsthand.
    That last sentence has nothing to do with a "Battle Ready Armed Forces". How is depleting the armed forces
    of armament a sane, or presidential way to keep an "invasion" (as you put it) of other countries?

I have a high ranking member of the Armed Forces and he has given me some insight about what happened to
    our military under both Clinton and Obama.
    Yes they did try, and succeed, in decimating our military.

Clinton's executive orders and policies had 1/3 of our offensive air power grounded because of lack of
    parts to keep them flying as one of his major accomplishments. And he was proud of it.
    Ships were locked in dock for some of the same reason. One other reason is that re-armament and general
    re-stocking was continuously delayed, time and time again.

Obama stopped almost all production of ammunition. Both for small arms, and medium-large armaments.

You are too young to have lived through it, but under Obama, even hunters or target shooters had extreme
    difficulty in buying ammunition. Even those of us who loaded our own cartridges could not obtain the
    basic parts. (Gunpowder, bullets, primers, etc, all of which doubled or more in price, that is, if you could find it to buy at all).

The very first thing a General told Trump when he was in office is "Mr. President, we have no ammunition". (real quote)

Trump called him a "Very bad General" (again, real quote) in reference that he did not address Congress about it and do something
    to fix that problem.

5. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Our Military Budget is a mess. We employ PRIVATE CONTRACTORS to do work soldiers could. Then pay our soldiers shit while paying those contractors top dollar. We pay private contractors to do functions on bases that a generation ago we had service people doing. And paying them (meaning the COMPANY not the workers) more to do it. I will say this with 100% certainty. As soon as the new Congress is seated every 2 years? And that Jan in the interim years? They should be working on the BUDGET. No more "CR"s. No more band-aids. FULL BUDGETS. Dont want to see (if the Rs get the slim majority in both it currently looks like) "HUNTER!" and even a HINT of a national abortion ban attempt, or SS sunsetting, etc. BUDGET. No "home work periods". No "weekends". No "traditional congressional breaks". BUDGET. If it clears the House and Senate and it fails the POTUS? Back to work. A BUDGET THAT PASSES. Not one that passes both houses and fails in the end. A. Passed. Budget. Each year. If that means you cant complete other campaign promises to the base? Oh well. Your first job is the budget. Not social things. That goes for BOTH PARTIES.

That is literally the ONLY thing I actually make sure of every January in my town. "Are we funded? Let me sign. See you all next year unless something explodes!".

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Dane likes this.
  6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Chamberlain didn't want war, but over 100 million people died. When the Ukraine ask the US to honor their treaty to protect them, Obama said "well I didn't sign the treaty, that was someone else". Then the Ukraine asked for military aid, then Obama said "we will send you food and blankets but no weapons that you may need". Then Obama sat back and watched the Russians steal Crimea. Of course Obama telling Putin directly "now that I'm president I can deal with you with less interference". Then there was Clinton with the big button on that box saying "when we push this button, we will reset all dealing with Russia with none of the old differences we had".

7. Lian

Lian Friendly One

And while Obama "did" that, Trump was being paid by Putin to be a good lad and not interfere. And Trump played nice with dictators, to make them pretend they don't do bad stuff, so he would look good at home.

8. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Bush I signed a treaty trusting Russia to honor a "dont invade".

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Trump dodn't "play" with them at all. Where do you come up with this stuff?
    Hunter and Joe are the ones who "played along".
    Trump wouldn't. Why do you think Putin waited until Joe was in?
    And don't say something stupid like him and Trump were coluding.

10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Just lol. Yeah, sure, believe that if you want

11. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Russian strike in Poland?
    Crap, does this mean NATO will get in the war now?

12. Neophyte

13. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

Hi @Dane

I do disagree with you on a number of points.

I have seen you make a point of minimizing the knowledge, insights, understanding non-Americans have about the US. I don't believe it is the tautology you believe it is.

This is especially true if you were to take a stroll down just about any Main street in the US and ask anyone you see even some basic questions about the US, politics, World, etc.

Heck, even our former POTUS could not remember HE was the President of of the US Virgin Islands in 2017!

"I left Texas, and I left Florida, and I left Louisiana, and I went to Puerto Rico, and I met with the president of the Virgin Islands," he told the crowd.

You claim Clinton decimated the Military during his term. There was a significant reduction, though we still spent more money on our military than the combined total of the next several largest militaries in the World!

You used the word decimated, which has come to mean reduce significantly in a cold fashion (I just made that definition up on the fly), but, it is a term first used by the Roman army where, for example, if a soldier or soldiers did something really bad, but no one would fess up, the officers would line them up and every tenth man would be killed (deci = 1/10th) until someone came forward.

The massive gaff on your part is (off by 50%!) is that 15% of military personnel were let go. :)

Interesting bit here from The Brookings Institute:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/articles/clintons-strong-defense-legacy/amp/

Regarding Obama:

Condemning a Democratic president for lavishing money on social programs at the expense of national defense is red meat for Republican voters. And compared to the peak of war-time spending at the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — and the expectations that Pentagon planners once had for how much spending would grow — the defense budget is down, as Trump charged.

So is the American troop presence in both countries, necessitating far less funding than was needed at the peak of the war. Whether Obama has deployed the "correct" American troop presence or pursued the right overall strategy for those ongoing wars and the newer conflict in Syria, are themselves the subject of separate debates.

I personally believe your statement do not provide a deeper discussion as to what else was going on in the World, and here at home in the US.

Lian likes this.
  14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Look at a lot of these older posts. Many, many times it was posted by someone outside the USA telling us exactly how things happened
    when it was totally against what we lived through. You know this, you lived through it too.

Especially in the west coast. Neo has posted, and on YouTube there are many, where people who said they were voting for Newsom couldn't
    even say why. A blue state far and wide. So it is mainly Dem., when asked why we celebrate the 4th of July, only one out of 50 could
    say the correct reason of our Independence from England Rule. Most had no clue whatsoever. One guessed it was to celebrate the
    middle of summer.

Yep, a gaff. Slip of the tongue? Meant to say Govenor. He had a few of those. But yet you didn't mention the many done by Biden.
    Every time he gets in front ofthe mic.

1) I reported that by the person who experienced it all firsthand. O'Hanlon can sugar coat it (even he said Cintons admin. failed
    in morale and destribution of workload). One reason of that was Clinton had put the kabosh on any good mechanical upkeep
    of our equipment by redirecting the money to foreign affairs. No wonder O'Hanlon liked him and what he did.

2) I did no gaff at all. That is on you. Re-read my post. I never stated anything about the number of military personnel.
    I stated 1/3 of our offensive AIR POWER was grounded due to lack of repair parts.
    O'Hanlon said nothing about our equipment in his article. Since he is a spokesperson in foreign affairs, he isn't going
    to give an opinion or insight as to what he may or may not know about equipment.

Everything I stated came from someone very close to me who spent over 40 years in the Air Force as an Officer who
    oversaw Base Commanders and more.
    As I posted before. He said our offensive weaponry was so lacking that if a large foreign country, backed by any of the
    super, or near-super, powers knew this and were to attack us, we would have had a high probabilty of losing.
    (He had higher clearance than all of our Senators, and most military Generals.)

He did say he could reveal this once it was declassified.
    Get this, a "Launch Rediness Test" done of our silos revealed almost 50% failed and proved that a "No Launch" would occur.

He said it wasn't until Bush got in that all of that was reversed.

15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Dane likes this.
  16. Neophyte

17. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Not a military expert but why all the battl3s in Bakhmuth if its not a strategic city?

18. yokujitomodela

yokujitomodela Account Deleted

Heavy fighting in Bakhmut right now apparently

19. Lian

Lian Friendly One

ICC put a warrant on Putin

Dan27 likes this.
  20. Dan27

Dan27 Trusted Member

About time :D just gotta go and collect the bounty lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.