1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Scared for my Polish friends

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by DADlover2020, Aug 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DADlover2020

DADlover2020 Trusted Member

Hey... I wanted to spread the word about the horrible things currently happening in Poland.
    The current president and his political party won their election by anti-LGBT paroles and discriminatory behavior.
    On Friday police went after and handcuffed 40+ peaceful LGBT protestors.
    I have a few gay and trans Polish friends and I am increasingly worried about their safety with each passing day.
    Here's an article about the current situation in Poland, please read it guys:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/08/07/poland-crackdown-lgbt-activists

Dane, ShinjiX and lemonspraychair like this.
  2. ShinjiX

ShinjiX Account Deleted

Oh god. I know the traditionalist Polish are heavy set into having Catholic culture be superior.

3. sanya11

sanya11 Trusted Member

4. Perviator

Perviator Convert to the beauty of dad and daughter.

Bloody right wing parties on the up everywhere. Hungary, Poland, Netherland, Germany, Brasil, USA What is happening to the world?

Lustig, pussycat and diana like this.
  5. diana

diana Trusted.Member

Why cant people just live and let live.

6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You have bloody right wing parties and have bloody left wing parties rioting, looting, burning and basically destroying EVERYTHING only because they can.

Extreme actions of either group don't solve problems, only make things worse. I used to be a "fence sitter", now I am on the right side of the fence, leaning on it, watching the flames and smoke off in the distance on the left side. The flames of pure wanton destruction are spreading.

The desire for "True Justice" has long gone away. It has become an excuse/justification for violent behavior.

I truly hope your friends and relatives are safe and unharmed. I worry about my friends and relatives too.

7. Perviator

Perviator Convert to the beauty of dad and daughter.

The problem is really knowing the truth about what is happening. So much of the media have an agenda. I am with the people who are marching for BLM, because justice is being withheld from so many. But, i agree there are radical groups from both sides, that are stoking the fires. And the reporting is serving a purpose, both sides are showing flames an looting and saying 'the left' or 'the right' are doing that. I don't believe anyone riots and loots just because they can. There are some who loot becaue the opporunity arises, but I think that left alone, people would rather be at home, looking after their kids. But with racial tension being deliberately stoked, the peaceful protests are being coopted for political purposes. I think that Trump thinks it helps him, if his base believes that New York has become a city of anarchists. It is easy to prove that that is not true, but if worried citizens see marchers and fires and hear about looting and they are told that is happening in New York , then of course they are worried and call for law and order.

p.s. Thank you, I am not in the US, so we are all safe, but we have other crazy stuff to deal with. Namely BREXIT and Covid. I hope you and your friend will remain safe.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You correct for the most part. The peaceful protesters on both sides are being drowned out. As for your observation that they would rather be home, these people are young and most likely single without a family to care for. One of these "peaceful" scheduled protests in Chicago, the "protesters" showed up with Uhaul trucks and trailers. They then proceeded to go store to store and ransacked them. All in the name of "Justice for Floyd". That just makes the whole BLM movement seem like a joke. My retort to BLM is ALM/ELM. All Lives Matter/Every Life Matters. What about what the early Chinese immigrants that helped build the trans-continental rail road. What they had to endure. Don't/didn't their lives matter. What treatment of the Native Americans? They had to endure hardships that were as bad if not worse for MUCH longer than Blacks. I am not trying to down play their suffering, just saying they are not the only ones. Then there were the discriminations based on religion, country of origin or any reason you want.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    EggHead likes this.
  9. hector189

hector189 It is a clam! Get your mind out of the gutter.

While I do not agree with this view, many people find "all lives matter to be offensive". The announcer for the Golden State Warriors was fired for tweeting that. My issue with the BLM movement is that many local organizations are very close to and share ideology with Marxism and Antifa. While I agree with the statement that Black Lives Matter, saying it exactly that way may imply that I agree with the organizations of BLM.

Therefore, I prefer to say "All Black Lives Matter" because I hope it is not offensive to anyone and it call into focus the causes of the overwhelming majority of young black deaths, which are not from police, but are from other factors include guns and diet. I understand and appreciate if we as a society are focused on trying to help protect the lives of groups of people who have shorter life expediencies than the average of the population. That is a good thing. As you point out, Native Americans deserve focus there are substantial challenges to the longevity of Native American lives.

Perviator likes this.
  10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Being here in the USA, BLM is a basis of a terrorist group who want destruction in order to get what they want.
    It's not about equality, it's about money.

The media only shows the part of the black person (yes a small "b" not a capitalized "B", they never demanded a
    capitalized "W" or "C", or an "I" or an "H" or a "C" or a "V" or a "K" etc. -hypocrites, all of BLM)
    being shot by police, the media doesn't show how that black person tried to grab the gun of the arresting officer.
    Nor how the black person was wanted on 6 different felony charges, including rape, resisted arrest, pulled a gun and fired upon the officer who returned fire.

NOOOO! That part of it is NEVER shown by the media.

Absolutely disgusted by how everyone wants to believe law enforcement officers are out to murder as many black people as they can.
    One fact the media never broadcasts is the number of white people shot by police exceed the number of black people shot
    by police. But the white population accept the fact that if a white person is shot by law enforcement, it's because that person
    was trying to do bodily harm to the officer. Not so with BLM, if a black person is shot by police, they were innocent and
    the officer just wanted to kill a black person.
    TOTAL BULLSHIT!
    Watch the whole video of confrontations, not just what liberal media highlights.

Bh5153 and EggHead like this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Please understand I am not a racist. There are good people and bad people, no matter their skin color.
    I have black family members. They are everything a good person is and should be. Especially a niece of
    mine. Married to my nephew. I love her dearly. That love has nothing to do with her skin color, but who she is!

I have other family members, white, who are close to being the shit of the world. I don't want anything to do with
    them.

My grandmother told me that we have Negroid blood in our veins as a descendent from the mid 1800's.
    (Negroid is not a derogatory term, it's like Caucasian, a description of race).

So please don't tell me i am a racist. I am just calling out what is the truth about these low life criminals,
    black, white, or any other race, that are elevated to heroism because they were shot for being the bad guy.

Bh5153 and EggHead like this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Dadlover,
    I want you to understand I wasn't trying to go off topic from your original post.
    The whole anti-LBGT movement is pervasive everywhere. I was just replying to what was posted by Brutus and Hector.

I firmly believe the anti-LGBT people are that way because they don't understand and they have been brainwashed
    into believing if you are that way, you must be evil.
    A horrible by-product of twisted Christianity teachings.

They are scared of what they don't understand.

All people have both a masculine, and feminine side. They have been directed to never accept a feeling opposite
    of their teaching of who they should be.

Unfortunately, the most vocal of the population win at this hateful viewpoint.

On another point, Muslim have been directed to kill those who are not "straight". ( of course they
    have the opportunity to convert and deny their way of living to be spared. Hindu are much more
    accepting, but they believe if you are LBGT that karma is against you, thereby giving them all rights
    to exploit you any way they can)

I think it all falls back on either your religious beliefs, or your paranoia.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2020
  13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

There are those far-right Christian churches who believe it's ok to murder anyone who is LBGT because
    any one that way is out to devour your children into being one of you.
    They aren't Christian, like the Muslim extremist aren't following the modern teachings of Islam.
    Both parties have hijacked their namesakes.

EggHead likes this.
  14. hector189

I was raised Muslim.

Mainstream or "modern teachings of Islam" as you call it is about conservative as the most Conservative Christian or as you call, "Far-right" Christians.

In Islam the Koran is the direct word of god and is perfect and should not be questioned. You cannot be Muslim and not believe that. Secular people who live in Muslim countries who do not go to mosque and fast, are not Muslims.

The Koran is explicit in is position of LBGT issues. It is also explicit on its position on women's roles and rights, alcohol, interest and any other things.

I do not agree with the message of the Koran here. I am only relating what it says.

The Koran is explicit in condoning it in reference to Lot and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah

"And (We sent) Lot when he said to his people: What! do you commit an indecency which any one in the world has not done before you? Most surely you come to males in lust besides females; nay you are an extravagant people. And the answer of his people was no other than that they said: Turn them out of your town, surely they are a people who seek to purify (themselves). So We delivered him and his followers, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind. And We rained upon them a rain; consider then what was the end of the guilty."

there was general agreement among exegetes that the "abomination" alluded to by the Quranic passages was attempted sodomy (specifically anal intercourse) between men.

In Practice the mainstream Muslim populations even younger one reject homosexuality. Again, I disagree with them. I am just pointing out that there support among people in countries that are overwhelming Muslim for LBGT is not there. Simply put, if less than 10 % of Population of Muslim majority countries accept (not support, just accept) homosexuality, then it is safe to say that Mainstream Muslim share similar views as far-Right Christians.

upload_2020-10-27_13-49-2.png

Muslim Extremist take it step forward and kill homosexuals in vast numbers. It is not just Isis and Iran. Here is a headline from BBC in April of 2019 "
    Brunei implements stoning to death under anti-LGBT laws"

The vast majority of 68 countries where homosexual is currently illegal are Muslim.
    https://ilga.org/sites/default/files/ENG_ILGA_World_map_sexual_orientation_laws_dec2019_update.png

Richard Grenell was Ambassador to Germany and Acting Director of National Intelligence for Trump. He has led efforts of the administration to decriminalize homosexuality. Only one country in the past year as changed. Bostwana, where <1% of population is Muslim.

In summary on LGBT:
    Muslim Extremists = Really Bad, like as bad as Nazi's bad
    Far Right Christians = Bad
    Mainstream Muslims = Bad

Muslim Extremists do not equal Far Right Christians.

Far Right Christians do not setup of Theocracies where they execute homosexuals

Far Right Christians do not murder innocent people by blowing things up... (do given me one or two nut jobs... there are are entire islamic movements)

Far Right Christians do not murder non believers

Far Right Christians do not do not enslave and rape non-believer women

Far Right Christians do not attack schools, murdering all of the boys and taking the girls away as "brides"

Muslim extremists do all of the above. It is not just one group, multiple groups and branches of extremism do the stuff above. The reason they do because it is all in the Koran, which I read.

Brutus58, EggHead and Dane like this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Query, Why do stay with being a Muslim?
    A lot of the Christian world look at Muslimism as a cult who's leader wrote what he wanted to assure his
    teachings would be adhered to or else face violence/death.

What you wrote was an act of bravery in my book.

Being a Christian myself, I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ in the New Testament. One has to know
    and understand the Old Testament to understand the New Testament. It is not Christian though, to apply
    Old Testament laws to one's current actions.

Homosexuality is wrong to the New Testament, but only the act, not the feeling. In any case, the acts of
    such, are viewed as a sin, of need of repentance, not punishment.

Unfortunately, too many self-proclaimed Christians ( many being leaders of a church) believe that not only
    the acts are wrong, but the feelings therein. All deserving of physical and mental punishment by
    their (the church leaders) choice of actions of delivery of such punishment.

It it a shame they are not labeled as extremist by most Christians, but they are. The same as Muslim.
    The extremist hijacked the Muslim religion, and were successful because the main stream Muslim only not
    did nothing to stopped them, but were backing them fully because it was their core of belief.

The case in point for this is when the Taliban started their reign of destruction. First in destroying any
    and all statues and such of Hinduism, Confucianism, and Buddhism. The main stream Muslim
    cheered them on. Both the Shiite and the Sunni.

Same is happening in the Christian nations. Just not to the extent yet, but it will come.

16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Hector, btw, the geoduck (gooey duck) has been, in my opinion, the most ingenious way of skirting
    the rules here on avatars!

hector189 likes this.
  17. hector189

I said I grew up Muslim. I never said I stayed Muslim.

Christianity is more flexible and subject to interpretation allows it to fit into our modern world better. Even references you make to the New Testament saying that homosexuality is wrong is subject to interpretation. The interpretation get even more difficult with translation.

Corinthians 1:9 in the New International Version translation reads:

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

In the King James version
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

The actual Greek word is malakoi which can be interpreted to mean "soft one" or "someone who has low self control" . Regardless of what is actually meant by Paul, the fact that there are different interpretations and translations creates a degree of flexibility in Christianity that Christian to come to their own conclusions.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  18. hector189

I like clams.

Dane likes this.
  19. hector189

I am surprised more people do not reference the story of Lot and his Daughter from the Bible on this board. I routinely found that people who say they are Christians, have no idea about it.

This is after Lot and his daughter get out of Sodom... Lot's wife looks back at the city and turns into a pillar of salt. Then the good part.

Gensis 19

Lot and His Daughters
    30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moabg]">[g]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammih]">[h]; he is the father of the Ammonitesi]">[i] of today.

There you go, pretty hot incest complete with the daughter seducing the dad and taking turns banging him.

Dane and Brutus58 like this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

But, please add to your account that the daughters did so because ----- they believed they and their father were the last Hebrews
    alive ----- . (some say they thought they were the last people on Earth, but that is in error as they knew there were people in Zoar).

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.