1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Religion

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by MilaHot, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

There is a reason it is called Organized Religion.

It is because of the name description, you know, like, Organized Crime.....:eek:

VinniethePanda and Lian like this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

You are very aware of my take on the Confessional. That I really doubt the Founders ever meant for religious traditions to be used as shields to block law enforcement of crimes. Whether the clergy or just someone confessing. Should they really be allowed to say "Well our TRADITIONS clearly exempt us from accessory laws! It is against our FAITH to disclose that!"? How would that be different that another religion arguing immunity from another law for THEIR tradition?

Incs likes this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The RCC's "Confessional" did not come about until the time of the Inquisition.

The CIA, FBI, KGB etc. have nothing on the intelligence gathering of the RCC.

Hell, they had parents turning in their own children, sib turn in sib, people turning in those they didn't like just for spite.

No better way to get people back then to "report" someone than to threaten them with Ex-Com and told they were going to Hell
    no matter what they did to "repent".

VinniethePanda and Athenea like this.
  4. buffyfan

OK. Here is one.

The Buffalo Bill Safety that went down Monday night. Heart Attack. There are so many idiots with conspriracy theories about how the vaccine did it, lets stay off of that. But there are also SO MANY IDIOTS who say "yeah. The CPR, doctors, AED, etc HELPED. But know what saved him so far? REALLY? GOD!". You have TRAINED MEDICAL STAFF that kept this guy alive for 10 minutes while an ambulance could get there. The EMT staff on said Ambulance. The TOP SHELF STAFF keeping him ALIVE. But these people say "yeah they helped I guess. But GOD...........". I know surgeons who have wanted to say to families when they started praising the lord for their family member surviving. "No. It was my 10 years of EDUCATION and 20 years of experience. Not your imaginary friend. If GOD was going to save them anyway? Why come to ME?!".

Incs and Lian like this.
  5. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Reminds me of the old joke.

A man is standing on the roof of his house watching the flood waters rise. A boat arrives to save him, but he waves it off, saying "God will save me".
    Well, after he drowns, he finds himself asking God "why didn't you save me?"
    God answers "who do you think sent the boat?"

If faith gives you comfort, have faith, but see the doctor anyway. :cool:

VinniethePanda and Lian like this.
  6. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

In my opinion, not all religions are equal. We cannot compare a religion where membership is voluntary to a religion where it is an obligation, on pain of death, not to submit to it.

On the other hand, I don't see any problem with a religion like Catholicism having its rules, because as I have indicated, membership is free and voluntary, i.e. if you don't want to submit to that law you are simply not Catholic. It would be the same as saying I want to drive a car but I don't want there to be laws that impose a speed limit or that I can drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs without any problem. My logical answer is, I can't drive a car. Imagine a restaurant has a rule that men must wear a tie and women must wear an evening dress, I can't expect to dine in that restaurant in ripped jeans and a top. I will look for another restaurant that allows such clothing.

Nor do I understand the problem that the Catholic religion has its laws, since we live under many laws that regulate our actions, such as not stealing, not murdering, paying taxes... and many other unwritten laws that we also respect, such as giving a chair to an elderly person, helping a disabled person in the street if they need it or waiting our turn in a supermarket. In my opinion, it is claimed that the Catholic religion has no laws or that if they exist, they must be adapted to my personal wishes, which would mean that we would not have one religion, but millions of Catholic religions, each one adapted to the wishes of each person. And that does not exist anywhere. We cannot say that killing a person with a knife is not the same as killing a person with a gun. It makes no difference whether a murderer kills another person with a knife, a gun or a bomb. In all those circumstances, it is murder and it is murder because a law says so. In Dreams there are thousands of members, but there is no such thing as a Dreams to each member's personal taste. There is only one Dreams with its rules, if you don't agree with those rules, you can't be in Dreams, look elsewhere.

Athenea, Odette and Dane like this.
  7. Star_of_sea

I do not agree with these words and I will explain why from my personal perspective.

Organisation is necessary and is part of the human being's existence, of his mind and of his life. We need an order, a hierarchy because it gives us a sense of security and of knowing that everything is in its place. Religion is born of a Higher Being, but when it reaches the human being, it needs order for its own mentality. In all our countries there is a government with its hierarchy. Let us imagine a country where 10,000 people live but without a government, they would have 10,000 presidents of government dictating 10,000 laws contradictory to each other. Imagine a religion with no hierarchy, you would have thousands of popes. Imagine a police force without any order or hierarchy, each policeman would act as he wishes. Imagine a family without the hierarchy of parents, children would never respect. It would be chaos and anarchy. Religion is part of this human need, which has existed for thousands of years in different forms (dictatorship or democracy, for example) that everything has a clearly established order and hierarchy.

Athenea, Odette and Dane like this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is a little amusing. I am not being sarcastic or anything against what you wrote.
    But, your viewpoint on the RCC in your country is looked at totally different than here in the States.

Here, for the most part (80-90%) are "Cafeteria Catholics".

That is, most Catholics pick the doctrine they want to follow, and discard the doctrine they consider archaic.

Birth Control is the #1 "not followed" rule.
    Taking the sacraments after a divorce is way up there also.

Incs, Athenea, Odette and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The true "organization" of the Christian faith, per the Bible, is as follows.

Head of the church (all churches are to be independent) is the "Bishop" (most commonly referred to as the "Pastor" today.
    He is to preach to the congregation and to maintain control that the Biblical doctrines are obeyed and followed.

He has the responsibility to teach not only the congregation in how to apply Biblical directions in everyone's life, but
    also to teach those who believe they have been called into either the missionary field, or those called to become
    pastors one day too.

He is to have "Deacons" which take care of the physical needs of the membership as well as helping the Pastor with day-to day
    operations.

Clerical staff is appointed by the Pastor (or, if he allows, be appointed by the Deacons.

Deacons and "other Disciples" are to help the Pastor in whatever he needs done. Some being chosen by the Pastor to
    help with the mental and spiritual needs of the congregation if the Pastor has too many to address by himself.

As far as the hierarchy goes, it is very simple per Biblical teachings through the Epistles.
    It is in sequence as follows;

Jesus Christ as part of the Holy Trinity . Christ alone is the head of the Christian Church. He is the "groom" the church is this "bride".

Bishop (pastor)

Congregation (Believers in Christ)

That's it. the Hierarchy is in 3 steps per the Bible. Any other hierarchy position is something man put in.

The Biblical Churches never had a "central office" or a "main church" or synod that the Bishops (Pastors) had to report to or
    be forced into a "membership". (Think like The Southern Baptist Conference"- that whole concept is anti-Biblical in teachings)

The RCC is a bit different as no Church or Parish has to report to the Vatican in that way as the Vatican owns all of the churches
    in its system. The RCC is structured like a business as far as the Dogma and Doctrine is declared.

Pope = CEO ( he is elected by a "board") w
    Cardinals (which is the conclave of Cardinals i.e. = board members).
    Bishops = Regional Managers (head of a group of parishes by geographical location)
    Priests = Department Managers (see to all operations of the Parish)

Priests answer to the Bishops, Bishops to the Cardinals, Cardinals to the Pope.
    Just like a corporation.
    ( I know there are in-betweens, Arch-Bishop, Monsignor, Brother, etc)

The non Biblical part of that is the Pope controls what the Doctrine of the church.
    The Pope and the Cardinals declare themselves as sole authority for the understanding of the Bible, and no one else.

They in turn tell everyone else what the Bible means in Scripture teachings and those declarations are not allowed
    to be questioned or taught differently by the Bishops, Priests, and Laity.

That is not Biblical per the Epistles written by Apostle Paul (Ephesians being the main focus)

Athenea, Star_of_sea and Odette like this.
  10. Star_of_sea

Your knowledge is always extensive and detailed. Even as an atheist, it is always a pleasure to read you because you increase my knowledge and learn from a great teacher. The difference of beliefs, science and religion, should never be a reason for the desire to know and learn about other ways of living.

Thank you, from the heart.

Intense kisses and endless hugs. :):):)

11. VinniethePanda

VinniethePanda Trusted.Member

So you have all the answers, you know the truth about everything? Who do you think you are to call people who question the 'offcial word' on any subject an idiot? How dare you.

Mod Dane interjection.
    Let's keep this civil. These posts are getting borderline in flaming.
    @buffyfan is entitled to his opinion. If he wants to consider those who believe in God idiots, he
    is in his right to do so as long as he doesn't specifically state you or another member is an idiot directly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2023
  12. VinniethePanda

13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

My 2 cents.

Biblically speaking, God gives talents, knowledge, and abilities to everyone.

Relying only on God to heal everyone when something physically goes wrong is NOT Biblical.

And those who decline modern medicine and medical treatments are not Biblical in their beliefs.
    I would not call them idiots, misguided is a better term.
    But yeah, a bunch of conspiracy theorists, while some a based in hidden truths, are idiots. I can say
    that because I know a few. LaLa Land dwellers imho.

OH, btw, Apostle Luke was a physician.

Star_of_sea and Odette like this.
  14. VinniethePanda

Ok so I'm an idiot then. Oswald did kill Kennedy, Saddam did have weapons of mass destruction, McVeigh did the Oklahoma bombing alone, Bin Laden was responsible for taking out 3 buildings with 2 planes!!!

Funniest thing is the greatest con job of all is Religion. You call me an idiot for daring to ask questions about incidents which have never been explained yet you follow a deity that nobody on this planet has seen, you can absolutely not prove there is this all seeing God, you base everything on a much modified book written centuries ago. Now believing a story from a book, no physical or scientific proof, that is what I call idiotic.

15. VinniethePanda

16. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I never called you an idiot.
    Unless you align yourself with those who claim EVERYTHING is a conspiracy by the government.

Medicare? A conspiracy to control how to kill off as many senior citizens as they can.-
    Medicaid? A conspiracy to close down all of the insurance companies-
    Electric cars? A conspiracy to embolden China to control all travel as the battery parts only come from there-

Those are actual sayings by a couple of people I know. They are conspiracist. But I refer to them as idiots.
    If you believe what they do, well.........

Odette, Star_of_sea and Athenea like this.
  17. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

The problem with this whole issue is always the same, the extremes of people. Well-educated people have respect and do not call other people's beliefs, scientific or religious, idiotic. When a person asks me for proof of religion I always think that they are a conceited person who thinks that their desire for proof is more important than my beliefs, that I will spend my free time looking for proof because that person is essential in my life. Part of life is the beauty of believing in God and if some people have not been so lucky, let us have respect for others. The Catholic religion may be the biggest scam in history, the biggest lie, the biggest stupidity, but I am completely indifferent, because the Catholic religion saved the life of my sister. When the fantastic and all-powerful science, the science so perfect that so many people are so excited about, only offered me the option of filling her - body with drugs morning, noon and night and locking her up her in a hospital, the Catholic religion saved her life without science. In the contempt of many words of those who hate religion will prevent them from knowing the happiness of living, of knowing that your parents are not with you but are somewhere else and are happy, of knowing that my sister no longer thinks about suicide but has a huge smile full of life and happiness, of being certain that one day you will be able to embrace your parents again, thanks to the catholic religion. I do not despise those who believe in religion and I will not insult their scientific beliefs, but I understand the words because there is no such happiness and illusion, no such FAITH in your life. When I read words with hatred and contempt for the Catholic religion, I only feel pity, I feel that there is no serenity in that life, I feel that there is no PEACE. When I feel all that hatred against the Catholic religion, it is really envy of those of us who are believers because there is no respect or peace in their lives. From these people, as long as they continue to express themselves with this lack of respect, there is nothing to learn. I don't need proof to know that God exists, but if I want proof I have it and I only have to look at the smile of my sister and I don't look at her in an old photograph because she is no longer alive or because she is languishing locked up in a hospital with her whole body full of medication. For me God exists in the life-filled smile of my sister, a smile that I see every day and that I see always because my sister is still alive. For many people it will be stupid, but my sister is alive thanks to God and to the Catholic religion, not to science. And I don't need any more proof than her smile full of life. If you have never felt the loneliness of losing your parents in the middle of your youth because of an accident, if you have never felt on the edge of the precipice, if you have never felt you had no more strength to use, if you have given up and your last words have been "God, I can't go on, help me" and you have felt how your body was filled with a strong and new energy to go on fighting for the life of your sister, if you have never felt anything like that, all these words will only provoke laughter and mockery. And if for all these beliefs are idiotic, I want to be IDIOT, I want to be the most idiotic woman in the world, I want everyone to know that I am very idiotic. I am indifferent to everything, it is my FAITH and I want to live it all my life. The smile full of life of my sister is the proof that God exists and I am very happy and there is serenity in my life being me VERY IDIOT :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2023
    Odette, Dane and Star_of_sea like this.
  18. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I would just answer that in 2 thoughts.

1) The Catholic Church is, in and of itself, not a scam. It is the leadership that has abused their laic given authority that has defiled
    the base belief and purpose of the church. All good Christian churches, have at their core, a basis that their entire existence is to
    spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That through Him is the way to eternal life.

2) It was not the Catholic Church that saved your sister. It was her FAITH in Christ that saved her.

Odette, Athenea and Star_of_sea like this.
  19. buffyfan

Want to prove the RCC is not a scam? Let science into that vault and test it all. Carbon test the dates. Watch how much of that "From Jesus" crap is 100s not 1000s of years old.

Incs and VinniethePanda like this.
  20. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

The RCC is not a scam. It is the oldest and by far the largest criminal organization in the world.

Incs and VinniethePanda like this.