1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Its in cases where the parents, in order to further their political belief, have their offspring modified, to go with the trend. If the parents are so into supporting transgenderism, they can modify themselves.

Dane likes this.
  2. TittyKitty

TittyKitty Communudist Catgirl

Ah, you mean you think it's like circumcisions and conversion therapies?

3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Circumcisions are something I put right there with blockers and any body modification.

Should only be done once the person is of age to make those decisions.

I know of one Conversion Therapy that worked.
    I have read of many, many, many, that just made things worse for the individual.
    All but destroying themselves to a brain washed, emotionaly destroyed, wreck of a human being.

If someone underage wants to explore the trans feelings they may have, they should be allowed to figure it out
    by themself, with HELP. (And I agree. Conversion Therapy is not "help")
    But in no way ENCOURAGEMENT!
    We all read of too many parents of a trans seeking offspring pushing their child in that direction when their child
    expresses any trans tendency.

4. TittyKitty

Blockers are not a modification though. They are explicitly a reversible temporary measure. Like the pill.

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

They modify the natural progression of one's body.

6. TittyKitty

They delay it. To give time for the brain to mature without the anxiety puberty causes.

If "the natural progression of one's body" is your yardstick, then an awful lot of modern medicine is going to fall short.

How do you feel about HRT for post-menopausal women, to replace what the body no longer produces in order to delay the symptoms of menopause?

How do you feel about hair loss treatments that stop hair follicles from dying off, in order to prevent male pattern baldness?

Both of these clearly fail your test.

How DO you feel about the pill, which blocks the natural progression from impregnation to pregnancy?

7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I have no problem for any of those, INCLUDING blockers.
    WHEN used in the proper medical need.

Blockers were designed to treat Precosious Puberty. The onset of too early release of hormones by the body before
    a child was still prior to puberty age. They allow the rest of the body and mind to catch up.

As with the trans use. I agree they give the body a "pause" in order for the mind to catch up.
    But the mind's ability to "catch up" to the body IS what going through puberty is all about.

I think they are being used way too often. Doesn't it seem strange to anyone else that all of these boys are deciding
    they are girls?
    I believe it is because some common sense parenting has taken a back seat to a new fad of "proper parenting".

And I don't mean not allowing your son play with dolls. That isn't parenting, that is supression.
    That was figured out in the 60's when "Action Figures" came into being.

I am talking about the parenting where the parents are not giving their children guidance, but allowing them to make all
    life choices on their own. Including permanent life changing ones.

8. TittyKitty

No. It doesn't. There is disproportionate exposure currently being given to the issue which perhaps makes it seem much more prevalent than it actually is, but it's a bit like cancer or heart failure where they have always been a cause of death but were rarely identified or recorded unless there were extenuating circumstances and they were traditionally recorded as a "natural death". They have always been there, but more are able to access treatment now. That's a good thing.

Of course, some people will point at the data and argue about how few deaths from cancer there was in 1900... It's a modern epidemic!

9. Neophyte

Blockers, if used for more than a short period, makes irreversible changes in the body. It cannot be undone. The blockers are used during the period where the body is developing, then the person misses the chance for their body to develop naturally. Once missed, you cannot go back to make up for it. The changes are permanent.

10. Neophyte

Strawman Argument
    Misinformation

11. TittyKitty

This is just not true, and I have no idea where you're getting your information. To be clear, we are talking about GrNH agonists here.

12. TittyKitty

Invalid assertion.

You have no logical fallacies because there is no logic. You do not argue, you just assert a position as if it were truth with no reasoning or evidence. It is tiring.

At least Dane converses and explains his point of view. I can understand Dane. I may not agree with him a lot of the time but we can communicate like intelligent people and that engenders respect.

pussycat likes this.
  13. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Um... So far, the studies do show that when the blockers are stopped, the body pretty much picks up where it left off.
    That is why they were FDA approved for Precocious Puberty. If given because puberty is enacting way earlier than it should,
    they stop the hormone secretions until the "normal" age.

BUT!! Even though they were approved in the early 1990's, there has yet to have enough data collected as to whether
    there are any long-term adverse actions on the body.

14. Neophyte

The blockers do not stop the body from growing. They stop the body from instituting certain gender based changes. A lot of these changes occur at specific points in the bodies development and if your body passes that point and doesn't make those changes, then the opportunity is lost. It is possible to force some of the changes by using other drugs and chemicals, but they can only cause a portion of the changes that would have naturally occurred. If you only use the blocker before the set periods of change should occur, then you may have a large portion of the bodies natural development occur. But if you pass those points then the damage is permanent. Of course a person could probably lead a mostly normal life, even if the damage occurs. But they would not be 100% of the person they would naturally have been.

15. Neophyte

If you made an argument that wasn't fraught with fallacies, then I could reply with a valid counter-argument. As it is now, I am tired of replying to propaganda.

16. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear it. Take a well deserved rest. :D

17. Neophyte

So you are admitting to posting propaganda.

18. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

No, I was suggesting you take a rest.

19. Neophyte

20. TittyKitty

You're doing it again. This is just what you stated earlier, and you have not even read up on the subject in the meantime. I would recommend starting with the Wikipedia page on puberty blockers and its list of references, if you don't immediately discount that peer-reviewed source as "propoganda" as well.