1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Thanks, will do. Midwest fellow, military past - I know him only from his articles there, so I asked him if I could post it.
    I'm surprised we get away with what we say there sometimes, but Zuckerberg's attention's on Antifa thee days. The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  2. Insp Gadget

What's this he's been mumbling about Edison not being the inventor of the light bulb ?

Guys seriously, could he really become President ?? Are there no aptitude requirements ? He has a hard time remembering where he is !!

You're the United States of America. He could be your Commander-in-Chief. Projecting the image of America to the World. It doesn't seem real.

3. Insp Gadget

Here ya go - a video with Joe Biden farting.

I haven't watched it yet (enjoying a midnight snack) but apparently from the comments the whole one-minute thing is a hoot,
    and his special moment happens about halfway through. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Thomas Edison was not the first person to create an incandescent lamp.
    His experiments did result in a more practical lamp which made it commercially feasible to use.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    itshot, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. Insp Gadget

Well the story I heard was that Edison hired the guy who Biden says invented it, named Lewis Latimer.
    Latimer did apparently find a more efficient way to produce the filament, but did not invent it.
    So was it the inventor, then Edison who made it, then Latimer who made it better ?

Edit - I read that Latimer received a patent for his work, and was also an expert in patent law. If that last part is indeed true, then you'd think that Edison must have known it when he hired him.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2020
  6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

7. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

If he's elected he won't be in office long. I guess Harris is next but AOC will be pulling her strings. It doesn't matter if it's Biden, Harris or whoever, we'll be fucked.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I read something similar on Fox News.

9. Neophyte

Actually Edison himself did very little or no work on the inventions he is credited with. He hired a multitude of people who did the actual work and research and Edison mostly supervised the activity. Once a breakthrough was made, Edison put his name on the patent and took the credit. Would any of the invention, he is credited with, have been discovered without him, some yes some no. But it would have come far later in time. Organizing and coordinating is also a very admirable skill, but Edison should have been more willing to share the credit.

Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  10. Insp Gadget

He also hired a guy who had patent litigation expertise. Einstein didn't give credit, and worked in a patent office. Great source of ideas, looks like.

11. Insp Gadget

Goofy Ginsberg.jpg
    Ah, so there's a Method to the Madness in the Media.

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

13. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

He didn't count on people realizing that the media is the enemy of the people though.

itshot, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  14. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

itshot, Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  15. Insp Gadget

If so, I'd be surprised if that were the Warner Brothers intent.

16. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

I don't know if WB was involved with news agencies in 70's, but I don't think it would not be that well recieved if such movie would be made today. Network won 4 oscars so one would think that things were not as screwed up as it is todays media.

itshot, Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  17. Insp Gadget

Not sure how good a barometer of normality the oscars are ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

oscars.jpg

There are several other adjectives that would fit the saying- but it's nothing other than self-worship regardless.

itshot and Downnhill like this.
  18. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

That is true. And famous people today are pretty much dependent of media to keep themself famous. Political opinions are sure way to keep them in spotlight.

Besides I'm sure you older guys across that small lake called atlantic might know better what it was like in 60's or 70's with famous influentials. Has there been any changes in 40 years?

19. Insp Gadget

This has happened ...

Propaganda.jpg

... and the bits I had to grey out are the most disturbing.

itshot likes this.
  20. Neophyte

itshot likes this.