1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Not a Troll post about American politics, from an European

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by kingshadow2, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingshadow2

kingshadow2 Account Deleted

Not a troll post, promise :)

Not only am I European, but also Scandinavian. In short that means our politics are all very far left, even our right wing parties are on left, or maybe center on what I believe is your political scale.

I don’t want anyone to start fighting in this thread, I started this because I am honestly interested in getting a few points of view without anyone feeling the need to start attacking each other because of it. But maybe try to formulate your responses in as non… confronting a way as possible? :)

I am not totally blind to some of the geo political differences. Like the scandinavian countries, they are small in population, and fairly rich in wealth. And it might be easier to have sosialist reforms done right? I don't know. In our part of the world whe have many political parties, and I think it’s easier to find a party that fits your views, better than the only two options you have in the states.

Myself I think I am liberal, but not in all matters. I am atheist (very very! much more common in this part of the world), pro abortion, anti death penalty, pro gay marriage and so on. I am on the other hand against too much imigration, but only because integration is a long and slow process and taking in too many causes a rapid change in my society.

I can give Trump this: The media in scandinavia is very left oriented, and only the bad and stupid things Trump say or do get any atension at all. This makes it very hard to get a realistic picture of why so many Americans vote for him. From our point of fiew, the man is crazy, stupid and incompetent. But I do NOT believe most republic voters are. So I need help understanding, not only why you voted for or are going to vote for him, but also curious what you Republicans think are important political points that make you vote Rep.

Why did I make this post? Because I see a lot of Trump, and republican posts on this page, and it surprises me a bit. On a site like this, I would think most were very liberar lol :)

I used to really dislike G.W Bush Jr. But in time I have watched a lot of interviews with the man, and I have really begun to like the man, as a person, the politics I am still a bit clueless about.

So I am trying to say, help me get to know you, especially you republicans. I used to, but not anymore judge you, because of my own background. I have learned better. But some of the choices you make I don't understand and need help with, and some of your values and way of thinking is a bit unknown to me. Wanna help me out :) ?

Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  2. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

As a Canadian, I'd like to understand too.

rallick likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

There are several dozen political parties in America. The top five parties are:

Democrat
    Republican
    Independent
    Libertarian
    Green

There are several other parties that are mostly inconsequential. The Green party usually sides with the Democrats and the Libertarian party usually sides with the Republicans. The Independent party can sides with the Democrats or the Republicans. Some famous politicians in these other parties are like Rand Paul (Libertarian) and Bernie Sanders (Independent). Politicians in the smaller parties tend to be elected into local government positions, like mayors, city council, state assembly, state senate, and other minor political positions. Also there are probably twenty politicians running for president from various different political parties.

EggHead, Brutus58 and kingshadow2 like this.
  4. kingshadow2

Thank you, kinda knew that Independent was a thing, and that it exist other parties. But most dont wote for them, because most dont... so they never have to must influence. But did not know they have importen posisions like you mentioned. So thank you :)

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It's a shame both there and here the main stream media only spout bad things about Trump. Even his good doings are twisted and skewed to seem bad.
    He has done a lot to get our country back on track to be a good powerhouse, not only for ourselves but for the world.

He's stopped all the lopsided-against-us trade tariffs that Clinton and Obama put in place. Our once giant steel industry was in shambles and almost became non-existed. He fixed that by stopping the US-Canadian steel trade imbalance that allowed China to flood our country with their government subsidized steel.
    He has done that with a lot of other products also. It has maddened a ton of other countries because they are no longer making trillions unfairly off of the US economy.

We like him because he isn't a politician. He is a righteous, God fearing man that actually loves this country and the media hates him because of it. The media and so-called 'elite' of this country, hate this country and can't wait for the world to take us over by giving everything away and allowing everything Godly to be abolished. They want a secular country but fail to see that will be impossible if all immigrants are allowed in without proper vetting.

If you do a search, you will find many stories of his philanthropy. Like how he donates his entire presidential salary to charity. No other president has done that. How he has many times visited wounded soldiers in the hospital to thank them personally. Many, many other stories and facts about him.

Most Republicans understand the media is, and has been biased. We're sick of the career politicians who show absolute disdain to anyone they disagree with. Trump has called out the media and those politicians who support the downfall of our country.

EggHead and kingshadow2 like this.
  6. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Also, check out some of the videos posted be Neophyte in other threads in this forum. They'll open your eyes to the stupid decisions being made daily by Democrat mayors and governors. All of California, cities of Chicago, New York, Seattle, etc.
    The democrat-ran states and cities are in shambles and a ton of their citizens are fleeing en-mass to the Republican ran states and cities.

7. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

Hi guys & gals. I'm from Australia & whatever news I turn to either internet or TV channel, they are all saying bad stuff about Trump. It is so biased against Trump, you have to wonder who is paying them?

Brutus58 and EggHead like this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Another reason to like Trump, he has actually tried his best and has accomplished what he promised to do. What hasn't been done is only because the House Democrats say no to his plans of progress just to say no.

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Companies, both good and bad need to advertise. The money comes from there. Unfortunately those profits are used solely to undermine Trumps presidency.

Also, the likes of George Soros, Barbara Streisand, Al Pacino, etal liberal "Hollywood-ists", donate millions upon millions to the democratic party.

LuckyDuck likes this.
  10. kingshadow2

Thank you for taking the time to answar. The tariffs and trade points are interesting and enlightening, and I am sure important to many.

I am sure there are many good true storyes that Trump is not the monster many wants him to be, few people are.

11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

No, Trump is the monster he appears to be. Donald Trump is the most dangerous man on the planet.

But that, of course, is just my opinion.

rallick likes this.
  12. pussycat

Kingdark1, I would like to thank you for your well thought out and well phrased original post in this thread.

Just an aside, but you accidentally described me perfectly, lol.

rallick likes this.
  13. LuckyDuck

LuckyDuck Trusted.Member

See Bruce Springsteen has said if Donald Trump gets in, he is shifting to Australia.... Don't know how true that is, but Australia is a better place than NZ to live

14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Pussycat, you just proved me correct.
    You being a Canadian is one of the countries he corrected the trade imbalance and you're pissed about it.
    So, you, like all the other countries who only have the media that hates him too to set your opinion.

It was of the China-Canada steel trade agreement that allowed China to flood our market through Canada.
    That was when Clinton was in office and no red flags were raised. Bush didn't fix it and Obama promoted it.
    Trump plugged the hole and Canada lost billions, if not trillions of dollars being the middleman.
    So now he's the devil incarnate to you.

Why do you call him a monster and what example can you give that hasn't been skewed by the media?

(Please don't say because the media reported what he's said. Just about every "quote" they publish is
    either an out-right lie or grossly taken out of context)

LuckyDuck likes this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

KingDark1, Think about this, if he was such a monster, why does half the nation or more love him as president?
    The media would have you believe we conservatives are blind sheep followers. Just the opposite is actually true.
    The liberals walk in lock-step, never ceding no matter how they are proven wrong. Look to Portland and
    all the other Democrat ran cities that refused Trump's help with the National Guard. All the violence,
    looting, burning and destruction of those cities needed not to have happened.

Trump is not a smooth talking politician. So even a few Republicans senators and house reps cringe at his some of his
    speech and tweeting.
    But that's what we like about him. He's not the glib-talking, lying politician most elected people are, both Democrats
    and Republicans.

LuckyDuck and Brutus58 like this.
  16. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I just checked, there are 30 candidates running for U.S. President, so if you don't want to vote for Donald Trump or Joe Biden, there are 28 other choices from which to pick.

17. kingshadow2

I am on the other end of the political spectrum most likely. And its not Trump I want to understand or know better, its you and onter Republicans :) .

I used to be an Idiot, looking down on people like you. But that was on me, not you or your fellow Republicans. YouTube is full of liberals that do a good jobb of making fun and ridicule Trump, and republicans. And just recently I found (don't remember name) this young conservative jew (kinda famous I belive...?) . He makes some good points, and makes it easyer to understand conservative views.

I am and will continue to be kinda liberal. But not making an effort to understand and get to know and LIKE people of difrent views I do belive is a big mistake.

Like I am a Atheist, but have friends who consider themself Christians and Muslim. And I love talking to them and listen. If they don't won't to debate, I only listen. But love to talk to people who also like to have friendly talks about our difrent views :)

I have learned that most people are great no matter what they belive, and there religious or political views often have well founded reasons.

Thank you to all that have and will continue to participate in sharing there views in this thread :)

LuckyDuck and Brutus58 like this.
  18. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

Trillions of dollars.... Canada's TOTAL GDP in 2018 was only 1.7 trillion USD.

19. kingshadow2

Hey, both of you :) . I know this is issues is something many feel strongly about. But dont make "this" thread into an argument. This is only ment to let people tell there opinion without being attacked for it :) . And mabe we dont need to put words into others mouth? It is all too easy to get derailed ;)

EggHead likes this.
  20. pussycat

Dane 211 you should know better than try that with me. I have access to media from around the world on my television, never mind the internet. And I rarely watch US stations at all, never mind their news, but on the occasions I do, I don't see the bias that you keep harping about (except CNN, they're off in left field, I'll grant you that).
    My statement about Trump has nothing to do with his actions towords Canada. Certainly, he is intensely disliked up here, for a multitude of reasons, but that's a subject for a different thread. If you want to talk about trade, start a new thread.
    Trump is dangerous because he is a psychopath. It didn't matter when he was a game show host, but it matters to everybody when he is in control of a large nuclear arsenal.
    Now lets get the thread back on topic, shall we?

orly6666 and Dane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.