1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Looking for Your Comments about the Forum, Good or Bad.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Something reminded me that I haven't done this for about 6 months.

I'd like your comments about the forum.

What are we doing right?
    What are we doing wrong?
    What can we do to improve the forum?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

The staff do a great job here - good team. [​IMG]

I can't say I'm fond of that animated gif banner thing at the top, though - looks like those things you see when you're driving out west.

[​IMG]

The caption seems a bit contrived too - I think that we'd attract more interest with something more professional looking.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Incs, WantMom933, Odhersbala and 7 others like this.
  3. Danny Boy 1966

Danny Boy 1966 Trusted.Member

I wouldn't change a thing, but that's just my opinion. The team does such a great job keeping a handle on things here, compared to other Blogs that I've seen.

4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I feel the same way! Wouldn't change a thing. Except could you bring Amanda back?

tom patil, oldman681 and curiousFred like this.
  5. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Leave things as they are, I do not miss Amanda, she had an evil temper while she was "Princess Amy".
    In her better moments she was very nice.

6. Curmudgeon

Amanda is at SpaceFucker as Princess Amy.

7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

So you are telling me that a GIANT catch-em-live trap with coffee as bait wouldn't work?

Insp Gadget likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Of all the sites I visit regularly, this one is by far the most fun to visit. The mods here always respond
    to a question and topics are diverse enough to satisfy any oration anyone wishes to add.
    I wouldn't change a thing.

Ajua and Brutus58 like this.
  9. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I think we all could all help out, by finding ways to keep this forum from looking like Thomas Edison's office.

There's stuff all over the place. I'm a culprit - recently I've been posting about file security in General, knowing it would be better placed in Technical.

And slisse was a great help, eg, by merging a couple of independently started threads of ours into one in the right place. And so on - we could all do this.

In my opinion, being consistent with this would make the Board more inviting, searchable - and I would think easier to administer.

10. Floodwire

Floodwire near....FAR!...wherever you are

I think Sundays should have a "build your own sundae" bar. i feel like it would really spruce the place up, get the people talking. you know? "yeah, that form may have pics and chats, but have you seen the toppings they have at the Sundae bar? i think they even have bacon!!".

But on a serious note, i enjoy the forums quite a lot. i think the staff is both polite yet also very good at their jobs, which is what you want. i think the community is polite to all, regardless of post count. i have been to some places where people either ignore you or treat you poorly just because you dont have thousands of posts, which is just a bad way to run things. and i think the content posted is diverse yet on topic. over all, i enjoy the forums.

if i had to offer any criticism, and this is probably more on myself than the forums, it would be this: when i do come to the forums, i find myself only visiting 2 or 3 folders. there are several that i dont even consider opening becaue the few times i did visit didnt seem engaging. and, again this is probably just me and that is fine but i am trying to offer any constructive criticism i can. but maybe look at individual forum activity and see if there is a way to try to boost interest/activity in the areas that see lower activity levels?

napster, Insp Gadget and Brutus58 like this.
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

No.

amiraj and stepdad22 like this.
  12. Xerxes

Xerxes Trusted Member

I would like to make a comment about the thingie that one must use to gain access as a new member.
    It's the small set of pics that one must slide over into the proper category, proving you are human and not a bot.
    Car pics go into the set, cars, bird pics go into the set, birds, etc.
    I've been trying for 5 months to become a member here. On about the 50th try, I FINALLY got that
    contraption to work without error-fail, allowing me to acquire the status of "new memberhood". Ouch!

Iminsider, Sonlovmom and stepdad22 like this.
  13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I hope that doesn't diminish me in your eyes.

14. l4a1

l4a1 Trusted.Member

I think the staff is great. I imagine keeping a sight like this running is a thankless job, and without good staff you don't get great sight like this.

15. pussycat

Of course not. Why would you think it would?

:confused:

Brutus58 likes this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Just wondering. That's all.

17. Curmudgeon

It's a common Captcha. It's intended to foil robots. So I have to ask, are you a robot? :)

rey2016meza, amiraj, pussycat and 2 others like this.
  18. pussycat

I'm anoid and you're adroid?

:D

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

A little dyslexic are we?

20. pussycat

anoid - humanoid

adroid - robot

:rolleyes:

kandaskan, rey2016meza and Brutus58 like this.