1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Hollywood To Enforce Stricter Messaging

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

The Oscars have set widespread new messaging initiatives that will go into effect in 2024.

upload_2020-9-11_7-50-31.png

As promised when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced its 'Academy Aperture' initiative in June,
    new standards of representation and inclusion have been announced by AMPAS that will gradually be put in place
    for the 94th and 95th Oscars but in full effect beginning with the 96th Academy Awards in 2024.

After previously relying on the industry itself to make social messaging a significant part of the way they make movies,
    the Academy now is taking action on its own to make sure that all film makers get the message.

So starting in 2024 - all films must adhere to the Academy's stringent messaging requirements
    in order to be considered for a 'Best Picture' award.

Interesting that full enforcement comes on the 40th anniversary year of George Orwell's '1984'.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  2. hellohello

hellohello Trusted Member

This is just another way to control what people say and the direction of discussion. It may seem like the US has come a long way from McArthyism, but the reality is that it's just changed to fit the current cultural climate. Nobody likes to be disagreed with but it takes a mature person to realize that this does not detract from the value of the discussion or what people have to say. I expect this to detract from the overall "Best Picture" quality.

Dane, Brutus58 and Insp Gadget like this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Brutus58 likes this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

OMG!!!! George Orwell hit the nail on the head with his novel "1984". When I had to read it for English class, I really did not think it could/would happen. At least not in my life time.

Insp Gadget likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.