1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Help recall Gavin Newsom (California Governor)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Curmudgeon, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  2. Neophyte

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

March 21st numbers;

CUMULATIVE TOTAL: 1,188,073 - 81.67% *

signatures required to qualify the recall is 1,495,709,

According to Elections Code section 11104(d), county elections officials are not required to verify any signatures until notified by the Secretary of State that the proponents have submitted at least 10 percent of the total signatures required to qualify the recall for the ballot. ** Pursuant to section 14(b) of Article 2 of the California Constitution, the minimum number of valid signatures required to qualify the recall is 1,495,709, which is 12% of the 12,464,235 votes cast in the last election for Governor. *** Deadline established per court order. See CCROV #20251.

4. Neophyte

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  5. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Why not? California is so fucked up anyway.

6. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Just think, if Democrats don't vote for Jenner, then they are transphobic misogynists, and that's the only reason they won't vote for Jenner.

Brutus58, itshot and Dane like this.
  7. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Of course they are transphobic misogynists, though they claim they aren't.
    But the only reason they won't vote for Jenner, is because she's a Republican.

The populous of California have turned so stupid in their thinking, they believe Pelosi is a great leader
    even though her district has more homeless and indigent than a whole 32 other states combined.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Calling them transphobic misogynists hurts them worse than saying they won't vote for Jenner because she's a Republican.

Brutus58, Dane and itshot like this.
  9. Neophyte

Not all of us in California thinks highly of Pelosi. I'm sure my opinion of her can be found somewhere in all these posts. California politics are control by two counties, Marin County (San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose) and Los Angeles County, the other fifty six counties in California would turn California Republican. 2 counties versus 56 counties and the 56 loses, this would happen to the entire country if Electoral College was abolished.

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  10. Neophyte

11. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Correct, kind of. If each of them got a SINGLE vote.

The problem is many different errors in your argument.

Biggest? SF is San Francisco County not Marin. Oakland is Alemeda, not Marin. San Jose is Santa Clara County not Marin county.

Now. LA County had TEN MILLION people. Alameda 1.6 M. SF 847k. Santa Clara? 1.9 million. So the FOUR counties you listed as 2? Have around 14.5 million people. In additon San Diego tends to go blue more often than red, so 5 counties and additional 3.3 million. So 17.8 Million. Those 5 Counties have us at almost half the state. Politics in this nation are not decided by how many miles of the map are a color. San Bernadino is slight blue. Another 2.2 million. And that is half the population and 6 counties. Fresno is a toss up and I will give you that one for the sake of it goes red more than blue. Marin is another 220k. Seven of 56 are over half the state.

12. Neophyte

There is no such thing as San Francisco County, it doesn't exist. California started going Blue as the Federal Government started closing the military bases in California. The more bases they closed the bluer the state got. And the bases were closed by Democrats. San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland are like Minneapolis and St Paul.

itshot likes this.
  13. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

14. Neophyte

I looked up the information posted about San Francisco County and the internet says that it is a county, but I've lived in California for almost 60 years and San Francisco was never a county. I was last in San Francisco in the year 2000 and it was not a county then. I don't know when they changed the internet to say that it is.

15. muttley

muttley Trusted.Member

"San Francisco was the county seat of San Francisco County, one of state's 18 original counties since California's statehood in 1850"

So sayeth the internet...

16. Neophyte

Looking at the map, it seems San Francisco County has the same borders as modern day San Francisco City, its interesting how back in 1850, they knew exactly what the limits of 2021 San Francisco City would be. Its also interesting that every other county in California encompasses more area than one city.

17. Neophyte

My friends are telling me that the Newsom Camp has started a petition drive where if you sign this new petition, there is a provision that if you also signed the recall petition, your name will be removed from the recall petition and not counted for the recall total.

18. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

It figures.

19. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Makes some, strange but logical sense. Same name on two petitions. A hard lesson in "read what you sign" for people that want it. But sign both. As long as the signatures match.

20. Neophyte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.